This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
    There's a couple of interesting articles regarding Invasion over on Syfyportal (some spoilers):

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2510

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2499

i would be very supprised if the show was not picked up for another second season, its got a great dynamique and just becasue its based around ordinary peoples lives it dosen't make it less interesting, in fact it makes it more creepy and interesting, i think lost is just cryptic and just as you get into it it goes off air for the next episode, i think the frustation facto will not come from "invasion" ending in limbo but "lost" even airing on TV, each episode goes off a tiny bit and ends up back at the start.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Wow! This show just gets better and better!

It's both frustrating and interesting that you can never quite figure out if the Sherrif is a bad guy or not. Poor Louis! And really, what's up with Jesse? The relationship between Louis and Kira is kind of touching and not really creepy (at least, not yet). Tom and Russell? Who would have foreseen them having to join forces? My, the plotline with what the teachers are teaching--chilling!

Stream of consciousness post--I need to think about it a bit more before posting something coherent.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

The relationship between Louis and Kira is kind of touching and not really creepy (at least, not yet).
        Oh come on! It's totally creepy. I'd understand if Kira were mature and reasonable but she's a ninny.... on second thought it makes perfect sense since Louis isn't exactly a bright and shiny bulb either....still creepy though.

Jesse has lost his damn mind. He was getting along so well as the thoughtful one, and now he decides to go all Columbine. I guess it's true what they say about kids from broken families, they get really mad about alien hybrids and shoot bottles much.

And that teacher? How does she go from fire, air, water and earth to Extinction? That's three whole syllables! And since when did we go back to these being elements anyway? what are they teaching children these days?

That being said... good show. Personally, I would have left town already.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's both frustrating and interesting that you can never quite figure out if the Sherrif is a bad guy or not. Poor Louis! And really, what's up with Jesse? The relationship between Louis and Kira is kind of touching and not really creepy (at least, not yet). Tom and Russell? Who would have foreseen them having to join forces? My, the plotline with what the teachers are teaching--chilling!

Stream of consciousness post--I need to think about it a bit more before posting something coherent.
          I don't think the Sherrif is an actual bad guy. We've seen him do some creepy stuff so far, like asking Louis to cut off his arm again but he is no where near as bad as Zeraway(sp?). Tom is trying to coexist, while Zeraway seems to try and take over.

I was kind of disappointed that they choose to end Jesse's story line so quickly. I would have prefered for the writers to build on the growing tension between humans and hybrids but it seems Jesse kind of came to terms with what was going on. I thought they could have had some big fights between hybrid kids and human kids.

We still don't know what came out of the pregnant hybrid's body after she was killed. Is it a new super hybrid? Is it just more egg things that live in the water and can become hybrids? I hope they answer that.

What we saw last night of the hybrids in town, they seem to have rational instincts, for lack of a better term. Similar to what is hypothesised about animals that can sense earthquake's or tsunami or storms, only the hybrids can actually do something about it, like stock up on food and water.

Comment

[QUOTE=Arative]I don't think the Sherrif is an actual bad guy. We've seen him do some creepy stuff so far, like asking Louis to cut off his arm again but he is no where near as bad as Zeraway(sp?). Tom is trying to coexist, while Zeraway seems to try and take over.QUOTE]

According to my closed captioning, the guy's name is Szura. And what delightful villiany. I haven't seen such ruthlessness combined with such charm and style outside of a Bond film. Very nice use of music in this episode too.

Interesting to note that Tom is the only hybrid who's apparently unable to instinctively know another hurricane is coming. Is this a symptom of his longer lifespan? Has he lived among normal humans so long he's lost his instincts? Also interesting to note that Muriel has seemingly embraced her changed nature and finally rejected her old life. Will we see that tension more, as Russell tries to get his kids away from the danger?

And am I the only one who thinks Alexis Dziena needs to eat some cheeseburgers? Goodness. You've got nice bone structure, dear, but put some meat on them.
            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
            What have these years left to me?
            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              Oh come on! It's totally creepy. I'd understand if Kira were mature and reasonable but she's a ninny.... on second thought it makes perfect sense since Louis isn't exactly a bright and shiny bulb either....still creepy though.
              Well, if I were thinking about their relationship along romantic lines, you're right--totally creepy. I wasn't thinking that, though. It just seemed like they were both in a very odd situation and had totally lost their bearings and were, oh I don't know, developing a friendship to kind of deal with that. I could be totally missing the point, I suppose--I am hopelessly naive.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

According to my closed captioning, the guy's name is Szura. And what delightful villiany. I haven't seen such ruthlessness combined with such charm and style outside of a Bond film. Very nice use of music in this episode too.
                I hadn't thought of it till you said it but you're absolutely right. He is charming.

Interesting to note that Tom is the only hybrid who's apparently unable to instinctively know another hurricane is coming. Is this a symptom of his longer lifespan? Has he lived among normal humans so long he's lost his instincts?
                I'm beginning to think that there are some differences between his generation and this new one. Remember when this supposedly happened before, the hybrids killed themselves. But Tom survived and this group is surviving as well. I think Tom, and a select few perhaps, are different from the others; not driven purely by instinct.

And am I the only one who thinks Alexis Dziena needs to eat some cheeseburgers? Goodness. You've got nice bone structure, dear, but put some meat on them.
                She could definitely use a pizza slice or two. Larkin's pointy chin looks like it could use a burger too. There are a lot of actresses I'd like to feed.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Wow this show is getting interesting. I have to say though, it's now official; Kira is an idiot and her relationship with Louis is completely creepy. Seriously... does she live in another world apart from everyone else? She is so naive and immature which only serves to make her and Louis even stranger. I suppose they fit together in an odd way. He doesn't seem to be all there in the head either.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    Wow this show is getting interesting. I have to say though, it's now official; Kira is an idiot and her relationship with Louis is completely creepy. Seriously... does she live in another world apart from everyone else? She is so naive and immature which only serves to make her and Louis even stranger. I suppose they fit together in an odd way. He doesn't seem to be all there in the head either.
                    I find her relationship really creepy too. She seems to have some sort of hero worship of hybrids combined with some sort of puppy love thing going on. I think she needs a good slap across the face to wake her up to reality.

The show keeps getting better and better now that it seems to be moving the plot faster. Now that deputy that Tom killed, did he know that Tom was a hybrid too and was still calling him a dinosaur? Implying that Tom was an inferior model of hybrid compared to the new ones that came from hurricane Eve? Or did the deputy still think Tom was a human? And what was up the people in the pond? Are they still alive? Can they still be rescused or are they just bodies waiting for a creature to come and make them hybrids?

Comment

She is a young teen girl...most of them act stupid when it comes to boys lol.

Comment

I thought I saw some bubbles rising to the surface, which leads me to believe that those underwater people are hybrids in hiding (or it was just a continuity error).

Larkin continues to get on my nerves. The planet is being invaded by human-alien hybrids who have infiltrated all levels of human society and are being led by a Natural Selection fanatic, and she wants to talk about her relationship?! Dammit woman! Get your priorities straight! Get your kids, get the hell out of town, let the two guys who actually know what's going on handle it! What are you gonna do, pout at them?!

Grrr...
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          The show keeps getting better and better now that it seems to be moving the plot faster. Now that deputy that Tom killed, did he know that Tom was a hybrid too and was still calling him a dinosaur? Implying that Tom was an inferior model of hybrid compared to the new ones that came from hurricane Eve? Or did the deputy still think Tom was a human? And what was up the people in the pond? Are they still alive? Can they still be rescused or are they just bodies waiting for a creature to come and make them hybrids?
                          I'm pretty sure his entire staff is made up of hybrids. The way they were looking at him when he walked into the office seemed to be accusatory as if he'd betrayed them.

I definitely think Tom is of a different breed and the others like Zura are beginning to question his leadership.

The people(hybrids) in the pond seem to be waiting out the storm in the safest place possible for them, under water. I think they are already hybrids...they just instinctively know what's best.

Originally posted by thermonuclearboy
                          Larkin continues to get on my nerves. The planet is being invaded by human-alien hybrids who have infiltrated all levels of human society and are being led by a Natural Selection fanatic, and she wants to talk about her relationship?! Dammit woman! Get your priorities straight! Get your kids, get the hell out of town, let the two guys who actually know what's going on handle it! What are you gonna do, pout at them?!
                          Annoying isn't she. Fortunately we've been seeing less of her lately. Unfortunately, Kira seems to have taken up her crusade to win the award for inability to prioritize with a bonus of being completely oblivious to reality.

Comment

Amazing episode. I can't wait for the finale. I just hope they renew it and don't leave us hanging. I think the word on the renewal of all the shows that survived the season will be available around May 15-17. I'm crossing my fingers for Invasion and Surface.

Comment

*sigh* I fell asleep during the ep last night (I only had three hours of sleep the night before). The last thing I remember clearly was Tom & Russell commandeering that military vehicle. Can anyone fill me in?

And, due to family coming in and graduation activities, I missed the last two eps before this one. Where can I find out what happened?

Thanks!

Comment

*sigh* I fell asleep during the ep last night (I only had three hours of sleep the night before). The last thing I remember clearly was Tom & Russell commandeering that military vehicle. Can anyone fill me in?

And, due to family coming in and graduation activities, I missed the last two eps before this one. Where can I find out what happened?

Thanks!
                                Aww. Well I know scifibrain will have a better review and summary up later on but I'll see if I can help

Spoiler:
                                TThe Deputies know the sheriff is out there somewhere and they go find Louis in the hospital, telling him that Underaly killed that deputy (name?) by running the car into a flatbed. Louis has a hard time accepting this but tells them he knows someone who may be able to tell them where Underlay is and what he's doing.

Mariel, Larkin and the kiddies are driving out of town. A tree falls across the road. Mariel and the teens get out to move it but have no luck. Along comes a military truck; Mariel asks for a lift, they all get in. She realizes the soldier is a hybrid but has no options. There are other people in the truck. Larkin realizes the truck is going in the wrong direction but once again... what to do?
                                The truck drops them off at the "shelter" which is more like a large warehouse filled with people. Mariel is identified as a hybrid and forcibly separated from Larkin and the kiddies.

Dave is alone at home setting up his camera. He cuts his hand badly on the door as it flies open but that's the least of his problems. The deputies arrive and put the squeeze on him for information on Underlay. Being Dave, he starts mouthing off before he realizes they're hybrids and lets them know that Russ is with Tom. Louis threatens Dave and suggests he call Russ and find out what they're up to. The Sat phone is in some other part of the building, as Louis knows but the other deputy insists on going with him. Dave manages to delay the call, and knock out the deputy, get his gun and with Louis' help saves the day.... or at least the moment. They call Underlay.

Tom and Russ find the warehouse and realize the hybrids are planning genocide and blaming the weather. They decide to separate. Russ goes into the warehouse and the hybrids pull the creepy stare and tell him he doesn't belong. He finds Mariel, gives her his gun. He goes off... I think. Szura comes by and informs Mariel he needs her help. There is a mysterious hallway, creepy atmosphere, suspense, punctuated by screaming women. He finds Russ, and locks them both in a room shockingly filled with pregnant hybrid women Mariel must help.

Larkin comes up with a plan for Kira to distract the guards so that she can run out and get help. Kira bravely and wisely switches the plan around so she can run out while Larkin distracts the guard demanding the use of a bathroom, she is pregnant. We are reminded of this several times as she loudly proclaims it, causing an uproar amongst the nervous but complacent citizenry. Kira runs out ad is chased by a guard, who meets with the painful end of Underlay's makeshift weapon. He tells her to stay in a nearby car.

The big warehouse doors begin to open amidst the confused fearsome squeals of poor humans aware they are probably about to die. They are pushed towards the exit. Larkin tries to keep her little brood out of harms way. Thousands of orange lights light up the sky and they are encouraged not to worry... after all, aliens are about to body snatch them, there is nothing to worry about.

I'm sure I probably missed a few things but I'll post the link to another summary as soon as it's available.

The summary for the previous two episodes is here:

Run and Gun (1.20)

The Son Also Rises (1.19)
                                Last edited by MarshAngel; 11 May 2006, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X