This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG-Maxy
    Does anyone know what ratings does this show have?
    According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_(TV_series)

According to Nielson Ratings, the series premiere was able to gain 17 million viewers from another ABC show, Lost. After the 10th episode, the series lost a total of 7 million viewers over nine episodes and the November 30, 2005 episode only gained 10 million. In order to get the viewers back in for the 2nd half of 2005-2006 TV season, the show was put on hiatus until January 11, 2006, and it was replaced with another show already scheduled for cancellation, Alias.

After the January 11th, 18th, and 25th episode in Nielsen Ratings, the show only capped 9.7 million, 9 million, and 9.3 million. It lost nearly half of the first episode's audience, and also behind CBS's CSI: NY with a massive 13.7 million, 15.5 million, and 14.9 million.[1][2][3]

Some fans of Invasion have attributed poor handling on the part of ABC as one reason for the show's continued problems, citing two hiatuses and a three-week break all within one season—periods in which no repeats were aired. Whether or not the series will be renewed for a second season is presently a topic of speculation and concern among its fanbase
    I wasn't concerned until now about renewal until I read that but now I really am. Much like Surface, the show has really settled into something good, especially once they took the focus off the annoying kid and Larkin. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't return.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      Wow, that doesn't sound good, does it? If both Invasion and Surface are cancelled, I will be one very unhappy camper.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
        Wow, that doesn't sound good, does it? If both Invasion and Surface are cancelled, I will be one very unhappy camper.
        Yeah, that would be pretty awful.

On the wild theories side of things I just found and visited :http://www.invasion-forum.com/

There are some interesting ideas being shared.

1.) Tom seems very interested in Larkin and her pregnancy and her general well being... what's going on there?

2.) Rose was born when Mariel and Russel were already having marital issues... perhaps she's actually Tom's daughter and therefore a strange little hybrid herself? Someone pointed out that they are very close

3.) The government is involved either in the creation of this new species or efforts to contain them.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

2.) Rose was born when Mariel and Russel were already having marital issues... perhaps she's actually Tom's daughter and therefore a strange little hybrid herself? Someone pointed out that they are very close
          Hmmm--Rose was pretty obsessed with the lights....

You know, I think I prefer Invasion to Lost. (yeah, I know--out of left field; free association time, I guess)

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
            You know, I think I prefer Invasion to Lost.
            I definitely like Invasion more than Lost. Lost has become boring in second season, but Invasion is keep getting better and better. I hope there will be season 2
            Indeed!

Comment

I'm not quite ready to abandon Lost but I definitely look forward to Invasion more.

Comment

I'm not quite ready to abandon Lost but I definitely look forward to Invasion more.
                Oh, I agree. Unfortunately, my internship keeps me away from home during Lost (except for the last five minutes). I know, I know--tape it! I always forget.

Isn't Invasion coming back for a couple of episodes early in May?

Comment

Actually I think a new episode is airing this wednesday

http://abc.go.com/primetime/invasion/index.html

Had to edit that... I actually meant this week
                  Last edited by MarshAngel; 19 April 2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Last nights episode was pretty good, some good solid answers on some things.

Appears the government has known about the hybrids for a while and even known about Tom too. Appearantly each hurricane was bringing more and more hybrids into the world and some people seem to think it is the next evolutionary step for humans (at least that is what I took from the episode, could be wrong)

I seem to be getting an X-men feeling from the show, mutants aganist normal humans. In the high school, the hybrids are picking on the normals and Jesse is going to be fighting back, he has a gun now!

Show just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Last night's episode was really good. I love this Cambrian explosian idea. It reminds me of what the short-lived series Prey tried to do several years ago and failed.

I love this new twist with Jesse... this is not going to end well.

I suspect that there is a split among the hybrids. Those who have a conscience and desire a peaceful outcome if they can get it, and those who've completely abandoned their human ties and have no problem with violent conflict, perhaps even hoping for it. So far it seems the latter group is larger.

Comment

I love this new twist with Jesse... this is not going to end well.
                        I sense a school shooting type of situation coming up. I mean, this episode was practically a metaphor for high school angst: people you knew all your life suddenly hate you for no good reason, you wind up a powerless outcast because they're stronger and more numerous than you, and the teachers are all in on it so the popular kids can get away with murder...

Like I said, Jesse reminds me a lot of me when I was his age. He's finally getting interesting.
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                          Like I said, Jesse reminds me a lot of me when I was his age. He's finally getting interesting.
                          I always liked Jesse. Rose I never liked but Kira gets more braindread and naive with each episode. It's like she's seeing the world in a strange way and reacting to it even stranger.

Comment

I always liked Jesse. Rose I never liked but Kira gets more braindread and naive with each episode. It's like she's seeing the world in a strange way and reacting to it even stranger.
                            She does seem that way, doesn't she? I don't get it.

When she told Jesse that her dad purposely took Mariel into the water to turn her into one of 'them', was that true? I don't remember it happening that way, but my memory certainly isn't what it used to be.

Comment

I want to say that I enjoyed the show last night, but I don't think 'enjoy' is the proper word. I thought the episode was great, but I also thought it was a bit disturbing. Was anyone else bothered by the experiments going on on the hybrids at that military base? I realize they're not entirely human (or human at all--who knows at this point?), but please! It just did not seem right.

Comment

There's a couple of interesting articles regarding Invasion over on Syfyportal (some spoilers):

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2510

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2499

Comment

Working...
                                X