This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
    This show, has annoyed me from minute one. and that's all i'm willing to say about it....except I still watch it...odd eh?
    Funny how that works huh. I have the same problem. I think a part of it is the excellent time slot and it has something watchable about it even when I want to scream in frustration. It's just amazing how they can go on and on for so many episodes without clearing a single thing up or moving the plot along.

And no matter how many times I scream At Larkin (whose stupidity is apparently a family trait) I am still compelled to watch the show anyway. At least Ranger-Husband-Man is mostly sane and pretty; it makes up for some of the others. And Mariel does creepy and body-snatched very well. Now if they'd just made that little girl evil (she gives me the creeps anyway), it would make up for all sorts of sins.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Had to revive this thread because this last episode was actually pretty good. Despite a slow startoff and some character issues this show is definitly getting better. The episode before the break and this last one were the best so far and the most attention grabbing and suspenseful. Not to mention the fact that they're really unreeling that secret now and the show really needed that.

I can see a resemblance between Miles (Surface) & Jesse with the strange hot girl who for even stranger reasons has developed an interest in him and wants to spend time with him in the water. Boys never learn.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Jesse's not as dumb as Miles (aka Kenny). I kinda like him. Reminds me of me when I was his age.

I'm actually enjoying the "slow burn" this show has going on, and how they're slowly giving the information to us about what is going on. I think THAT aspect is well done. I also like Muriel's conflict. She KNOWS she's different, even thought she's not sure what's happened to her, and she's trying to hold onto what she was. She may ultimately fail, but that makes it all the more tragic. The whole "we've got to protect the children" angle is getting on my nerves, though. "Surface" has the same thing happening, about how all-important the characters' children are to them and that the most evil thing in the world is to be separated from them. Bleagh. Spend an hour with my cousin's squealing little meatbricks, then tell me what a joy and delight children are.

I also like the fact that the alien invasion is coming from BELOW rather than ABOVE. Maybe the creatures aren't even from another planet. Maybe they've always been here. Maybe the dolphins have finalized their declaration of war and have made the first strike.

From the "dirty old man" department, I continue to be stunned by the fine female forms on display on this show. There are some truly spankable bottoms to be found here...

Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
        What have these years left to me?
        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
          Jesse's not as dumb as Miles (aka Kenny). I kinda like him. Reminds me of me when I was his age.

I'm actually enjoying the "slow burn" this show has going on, and how they're slowly giving the information to us about what is going on. I think THAT aspect is well done. I also like Muriel's conflict. She KNOWS she's different, even thought she's not sure what's happened to her, and she's trying to hold onto what she was. She may ultimately fail, but that makes it all the more tragic. The whole "we've got to protect the children" angle is getting on my nerves, though. "Surface" has the same thing happening, about how all-important the characters' children are to them and that the most evil thing in the world is to be separated from them. Bleagh. Spend an hour with my cousin's squealing little meatbricks, then tell me what a joy and delight children are.

I also like the fact that the alien invasion is coming from BELOW rather than ABOVE. Maybe the creatures aren't even from another planet. Maybe they've always been here. Maybe the dolphins have finalized their declaration of war and have made the first strike.

From the "dirty old man" department, I continue to be stunned by the fine female forms on display on this show. There are some truly spankable bottoms to be found here...

well its a good thing the internet isn't censored, he he only kidding, there a a few female spankable ass in the show, still its slow and i find lost more compelling than this so far, however i am seeing this for the fisrt time on terrestrial television so the US is already miles ahead and knwos more so i will reserve judgement fully untill i have seen more maybe untill the mid season and if nothing happens then i cut it loose.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

No question. I like Jesse. The girl thing is just... well typical. I expect that kind of thing even if I want to smack them both upside the head for it.

I think Mariel's great too but the "protect the children" thing is definitely annoying. The best way to protect your children is to cover your butt too...or send the little one to boarding school. She's nauseating. Although, she's admittedly less so now than before since she's not much on screen.

...Maybe the dolphins have finalized their declaration of war and have made the first strike.
            Been watching the Simpsons?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              Boys never learn.
              I thought that was a constant of the universe?

I liked last nights episode, except where they showed Muriel that skeleton and told her that its her husband. I mean what did they expect to happen? That she'd just say, OMG that makes so much sense!!!!

I thought it was interesting that the group that beat up that guy did so in a pack mentality, shows more instinct than thought. Maybe these creatures aren't some sort of super smart aliens and they are just sort of space fungus or something.

Comment

Been watching the Simpsons?
                Not really, no. I just know a thing or two about dolphins.

- Lord Byron

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                  I thought that was a constant of the universe?
                  so it would seem.

I liked last nights episode, except where they showed Muriel that skeleton and told her that its her husband. I mean what did they expect to happen? That she'd just say, OMG that makes so much sense!!!!
                  You're channeling me. I was thinking the same thing. What did they think was going to happen? She was just going to say "thanks for letting me know. I'll see you later??"

I thought it was interesting that the group that beat up that guy did so in a pack mentality, shows more instinct than thought. Maybe these creatures aren't some sort of super smart aliens and they are just sort of space fungus or something.
                  That's the most unique thing about this invasion. The invadees seem just as confused as the rest of us.

Comment

That's the most unique thing about this invasion. The invadees seem just as confused as the rest of us.
                    Initially, this was the thing that irritated me most about the show; but now I see it is part of the slow unfolding of the plot. It brings up questions in my mind that keep me coming back (foremost among them: What exactly do Tom and the Preacher know? Another one: Is Jesse one of them or not?).

I was glad to see Lewis wise up about Tom, but I don't think it was realistic for him to want to say his confession to Tom's daughter. If Tom is not a follower of God and his daughter already admitted she wasn't, why would he feel she was an appropriate person to confess to?

And, of course, what is behind the locked door?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                      I was glad to see Lewis wise up about Tom, but I don't think it was realistic for him to want to say his confession to Tom's daughter. If Tom is not a follower of God and his daughter already admitted she wasn't, why would he feel she was an appropriate person to confess to?
                      She wasn't. But she was there. It's permitted, at least in the Catholic Church, to say your last confession to a handy layperson if you don't think you're going to be able to reach a priest before you die. The implication being, of course, that Lewis's next stop after leaving the Underlay home is death, most likely by his own hand...

- Lord Byron

The Pit

Comment

She wasn't. But she was there. It's permitted, at least in the Catholic Church, to say your last confession to a handy layperson if you don't think you're going to be able to reach a priest before you die. The implication being, of course, that Lewis's next stop after leaving the Underlay home is death, most likely by his own hand...
                        Really? Do you think he's going to commit suicide? I didn't think that when I was watching it--I can be pretty clueless sometimes. I also didn't really think he was Catholic, but I'm not either, so I can't tell for sure.

I bet he really freaked her out. I wonder what he said.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Lewis gave me the creeps. I have a feeling suicide isn't the route though. He's been betrayed and led down the wrong path by someone he sees as having posed as a man of the lord. But I think he had an epiphany about the nature of "the lord" and those freaky fish genes are kicking in. I think he's going to react violently. I think he's going to do something more drastic now that his world has been turned upside down. He reminded me of the girl that Tom arrested who disowned her child and killed her mother.

Besides, if he's catholic, suicide isn't going to get him into god's graces any sooner than hacking off god's gift.

Comment

I'm back to being irritated with this show. They've been vacillating back and forth--does he (Tom) know anything, doesn't he know anything about himself and the others. Now he's building an army? It's just not making sense to me.

I don't know--for some reason I really disliked the most recent episode.

Comment

Personally, I'm really loving this show... they started out rather slow, but I'm glad they did because it gave a foundation for the charcters to build off of, and they end each week with a litle something that just makes you go 'argh! I can't wait till next Wed'... the story is really picking up now and I hope they get renewed...

Comment

I hope it's renewed as well; it has really picked up in the last few weeks. I'm just glad the more annoying characters are getting less screen time and I hope they continue to do so until they grow a brain (Larkin, Paranoid boy, croc bait child). The episodes keep getting better. I don't know where I stand on these hybrids arming themselves but I'll wait and see where they go with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X