Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, i'm taling about the orginal Gia and Eros... the epitome of Creation, the Great Mother, and the epitome of destruction and chaos...you know, the ones who created the universe and gave birth to the Titians
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
      no, i'm taling about the orginal Gia and Eros... the epitome of Creation, the Great Mother, and the epitome of destruction and chaos...you know, the ones who created the universe and gave birth to the Titians
      Gaia was still a titan-the mother of the titans and the embodiement of mother earth. Eros was still the Greek god of love. Not that i care about either of them...

Comment

there are two different Eroses... the one i'm refering to has also been spelled as Aros, either way he's still the embodiment of Chaos, and if you don't believe me you can go ask him yourself... oh wait, you can't, you're not spiritually intuned to him or Gia, or you would already know this
        sigpic

Comment

there are two different Eroses... the one i'm refering to has also been spelled as Aros, either way he's still the embodiment of Chaos, and if you don't believe me you can go ask him yourself... oh wait, you can't, you're not spiritually intuned to him or Gia, or you would already know this
          Actually, as you said one is Eros, the other Aros. Most people spell Aros as Eros which is technically incorrect. I kinda figured you meant Aros but i was not sure.

Comment

he doesn't really care how you spell it, it's all about pronunciation... i can see both spellings and still pronuance it the same....
            sigpic

Comment

he doesn't really care how you spell it, it's all about pronunciation... i can see both spellings and still pronuance it the same....
              Good for you!

Comment

you're very annoying, ya know that......
                sigpic

Comment

you're very annoying, ya know that......
                  Thank you. I try.

Comment

im gonna shove this thread into the sarcofigus and see what happens.

new thread topic- similarities/differences between greek and roman religions
                    when the roman empire started, a large amount of people still shared the basic ideas of the greeks. as the roman religion spread it became obvious they were carbon copys but with slight differences, usually in the name.
                    so how do you think they were alike and different?
                    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
                      im gonna shove this thread into the sarcofigus and see what happens.

new thread topic- similarities/differences between greek and roman religions
                      when the roman empire started, a large amount of people still shared the basic ideas of the greeks. as the roman religion spread it became obvious they were carbon copys but with slight differences, usually in the name.
                      Romans takes their gods in a lot of different religions, from the greek in a large amont, but they also took gods from Egypt. and they saw similarities with the gods of the celtic pantheon

Comment

Yeah, the Romans were basically scavengers, taking bits and pieces from cultures they encountered and tacking them on to their own. It was kind of nice for the people they conquered, however, because after the Romans went all "Hey, cool god, mind if we totally copy you?" on them, they were basically allowed to keep doing things the way they had been doing them, as long as they didn't really cause trouble for the Romans.
                        YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
                          as the roman religion spread it became obvious they were carbon copys but with slight differences, usually in the name.
                          I'd say there were more then just "slight differences" - a lot of the deities changed quite a bit.

In addition, there were a lot of Roman myths about the founding of the city and whatnot... not just about the gods.

Comment

I agree with everything Kelmah said.

Aeneas? Doesn't the the Aeneid basically say Aeneas left Troy after losing to the proto Greeks and go off and found Rome (or Roman culture)?
                            Thats a direct link between the two, mythology wise, and Aeneas would take his Greek religion with him. (The Aeneid is not my area of expertise. The Iliad and the Trojan Wars are more my thing.)

Comment

I am reviving this thread (5 years)

So, anybody in 2011 like their mythology?
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm somewhat interested but not particularly knowledgeable. My favorites are the Nordic, Celtic and Finnish mythologies, even though I admit I've never read the entire Kalevala, even though Finnish is my first language.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X