X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
    YAY! MY THREAD IS BACK!

Is it just me or does everyones teacher say "RE" as in ray instead of ra as in
    raw? im a loki, but im also a tyr (war) sorda, isnt aries named after the greek god ares(war)?
    The translation can be spelled both "Re" and "Ra"

Comment

and the original pronounciation was REA (with that long 'a' sound)
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

some says that the pronouncation is "Raïn" or something like that. i don't thonk that there is a link between aries and Ares... Don't know. but aries was the symbol of Amon-Râ.

Comment

Ares/Mars- Greko/Romanis god of War and Bloodshed, son of Zues/Jupiter and Hera/Juno, Brother of Aphrodite/Venus, Half-brother of Athena, Diana, Demeter....ect

the closest allusion in Egyptian mythos is Set, God of Chaos, i think.....
          sigpic

Comment

todays thread topic- does atlantis exist? if so, where?
            for me its ethier somwhere in the mediteranian or pacific. i find the pacific less likely due to the remoteness and distance from the greek in fluence, which most accounts include greek arcetecture. but what supports the pacific(IMO) is that there are barely any accounts of atlantis besides from plato. (im sure theirs more, but i dont know who)
            so what do you think?

p.s. GO EASY ON THE SGA REFRENCES, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MYTHOLOGY not stargate
            anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Atlantis was a crossroads between Egyptian and Greek civs... therefore it would have to be in the Med. Sea.... it was destroyed by "Posiden's Wrath" as well "Fire from the bowls of the Earth".... a tsunami and volcanin erruption happening at the same time is possible if the earth quakes hard enough.... the island of Crete is a Volcanic island close to a fault line, making it a hot spot for quakes, as well being a bout half-way between Greece and Egypt... therefore, I theorise that the ruins of Atlantis lie below the Ashes of Crete.....

i've done my research, and ther are others who also believe this theory....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                Ares/Mars- Greko/Romanis god of War and Bloodshed, son of Zues/Jupiter and Hera/Juno, Brother of Aphrodite/Venus, Half-brother of Athena, Diana, Demeter....ect

the closest allusion in Egyptian mythos is Set, God of Chaos, i think.....
                One of the war egyptian god was Montou, but Set was concerned too. Sekhmet was a warrior goddess, with Neith, that Plato compared to Athena.

therefore, I theorise that the ruins of Atlantis lie below the Ashes of Crete.....

i've done my research, and ther are others who also believe this theory....
                I agree this theory. minoan civilisation has a lot of common points with the atlantean. they were the ennemies of the greek, and there was a time where they dominated the seas. and they had relations with the egyptian. a lot of things like that. Some said that the submersion of Atlantis symbolize the very quick decline of the minoan civilisation, dues in part to an earth quake...

Comment

next thread topic: in honor of the newest lousy scifi movie, my new subeject is the plauges
                  anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

There's actually a theory that the plagues were caused by the destruction of Atlantis! First, the changing minerals of a volcano preparing to explode could have leached into the water, turning it red – the water becoming "blood". The explosion itself could have, depending on Atlantis's location (i.e. near Egypt) showered burning debris onto Egypt – the plague of fire. The ash thrown into the air would have blocked out the sun – the plague of darkness. The nocturnal creatures, believing it was night, would have awakened – the plague of frogs. That, plus other volcanic gases, would have caused a brief period of acid rain, thus explaining the plague of boils. The plague of locusts could have come from a place perhaps nearer to Atlantis than Egypt, in search of food, their supply having been wiped out by the eruption. I don't remember the rationale for the other plagues, but that's the idea.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                      There's actually a theory that the plagues were caused by the destruction of Atlantis! First, the changing minerals of a volcano preparing to explode could have leached into the water, turning it red – the water becoming "blood". The explosion itself could have, depending on Atlantis's location (i.e. near Egypt) showered burning debris onto Egypt – the plague of fire. The ash thrown into the air would have blocked out the sun – the plague of darkness. The nocturnal creatures, believing it was night, would have awakened – the plague of frogs. That, plus other volcanic gases, would have caused a brief period of acid rain, thus explaining the plague of boils. The plague of locusts could have come from a place perhaps nearer to Atlantis than Egypt, in search of food, their supply having been wiped out by the eruption. I don't remember the rationale for the other plagues, but that's the idea.
                      who was named the "plague of god"? Attila?

Comment

Mythology!? So cool!
                        I know a lot about Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, and Atlantean/Titan mythology. I also know a little about the Celts and a few others.
                        My personal favorite though is the Titans, although that can kinda be gathered from my username which happens to be the Titan god of the sky and original ruler of the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                          who was named the "plague of god"? Attila?
                          Attila was the scourage of god. It is possible that he was also the plague of god though too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                            Attila was the scourage of god. It is possible that he was also the plague of god though too.
                            hmm, no, i think you're right. it's just a little translation problem

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                              hmm, no, i think you're right. it's just a little translation problem
                              Yeah, everything starts to run together cuz i know about a million different civs and pantheons...
                              Not a bad start for only being in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                                Yeah, everything starts to run together cuz i know about a million different civs and pantheons...
                                Not a bad start for only being in high school.
                                oh, really? what is your fave egyptian myth?

Comment

Working...
                                X