No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J.K. Rowling has refused to rule out writing further Harry Potter novels, reports The Washington Post.

The author was a guest at the White House's annual Easter Egg Roll earlier this week and revealed at the event that, although she isn't planning to write more Potter stories at present, she may revisit the characters "10 years from now".

When asked if she is going to write further books, Rowling replied: "Yes, I do, and I am. I'm quite sure in the not-too-distant future I will bring out another book."

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part I, based on the final book in Rowling's wizard series, is due out in cinemas this November. Part II follows in July 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ry-potter.html

10 years? Just wait until the studio wants a new Potter movie.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      J.K. Rowling has refused to rule out writing further Harry Potter novels, reports The Washington Post.

The author was a guest at the White House's annual Easter Egg Roll earlier this week and revealed at the event that, although she isn't planning to write more Potter stories at present, she may revisit the characters "10 years from now".

When asked if she is going to write further books, Rowling replied: "Yes, I do, and I am. I'm quite sure in the not-too-distant future I will bring out another book."

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part I, based on the final book in Rowling's wizard series, is due out in cinemas this November. Part II follows in July 2011.

That works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        That works for me!
        And for me too

That should be interesting if they want to do another movie .

Comment

April Birthday Reminders

April:
          1st - Fred and George Weasley
          3rd - Timothy Bateson - Voice of Kreacher (OOTP)
          14th - Julie Christie - Madam Rosemerta
          15th - Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
          15th - Emma Thompson - Professor Sybil Trelawney
          17th - David Bradley - Argus Filch
          18th - David Tennant - Barty Crouch Jr.
          20th - Leslie Phillips - Voice of the Sorting Hat
          21st - Frank Dillane - Teenage Tom Riddle (HBP)
          27th - Suzie Toase - Alecto Carrow
          sigpic

Comment

Mafalda Hopkirk actress Sophie Thompson discusses filming Ministry action scenes

In a recent interview with the BBC, Sophie Thompson, the actress who will play Ministry official Mafalda Hopkirk in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, spoke about her time filming:
            "We did a few days a couple of weeks ago. We were running away from these dementors, which Harry Potter people will know are these horrible creatures that suck out your very soul and they had to slow me down."
            "I was in my high heels and everything because I'm playing this little secretary character, but I was running down the corridor, and they said: 'Soph, you're going too fast! Nobody can keep up!'"

Source: MuggleNet
            sigpic

Comment

*perks up* Comic books anyone?
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                *perks up* Comic books anyone?
                It just wouldn't be the same

Comment

They can't do a movie without her say-so. Part of the reason she turned down movie offers at first was because she didn't want a studio to be able to tell Harry Potter stories that weren't hers, it wasn't until she got it in writing that they couldn't that she actually agreed to a movie deal. So if she doesn't want to write a new book, there won't be a new movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    They can't do a movie without her say-so. Part of the reason she turned down movie offers at first was because she didn't want a studio to be able to tell Harry Potter stories that weren't hers, it wasn't until she got it in writing that they couldn't that she actually agreed to a movie deal. So if she doesn't want to write a new book, there won't be a new movie.
                    But I bet WB will try to pressure her into writing another book anyways. And I doubt she would give in.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      It just wouldn't be the same
                      Yeah. Wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

But I bet WB will try to pressure her into writing another book anyways. And I doubt she would give in.
                        I doubt she will give in either, but she still might write em

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                        Yeah. Wishful thinking on my part.
                        Meh, not much of a comic book fan.

Comment

I concur
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            I doubt she will give in either, but she still might write em

Meh, not much of a comic book fan.
                            Depends on the comic. I will NOT read DC comics, but will read Marvel comics. I also read manga. Fruits Basket, Princess Ai, Miki Falls, thats moi.

Whinig:
                            Spoiler:
                            Why is everybody doing a black and white avatar now?!?!?!

Comment

I want to go and see a new Harry Potter movie. Now.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                                I want to go and see a new Harry Potter movie. Now.
                                I want to agree with you. Now.

Comment

Working...
                                X