• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant wait im so excited
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      Hi i am not a massive Harry Potter Fan and i have not read the books. But i enjoy the films. I though i would hate the films untill about a year and ahalf ago i decided to watch the 1rst one then got hooked into watching all the rest! Dam Magic and mythological Monsters hooking me in.
      I have literally never heard of anyone else who just watched the movies and never read the books.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Mugglenet took down their forum to prevent spoilers getting posted before the book comes out! *LOL*

http://www.cosforums.com/
      A wise precaution.

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
      i cant wait im so excited
      Yeah, me too, just a little. *sigh* ten years of waiting and now it's almost here.

7 days 13 hours 11 minutes 32 seconds

Comment

Anybody re-reading any at the moment? It proves a minor distraction from the fact that it's not next Friday yet.

And I still can't get over the fact that it looks like a Stargate on the cover.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Anybody re-reading any at the moment? It proves a minor distraction from the fact that it's not next Friday yet.

And I still can't get over the fact that it looks like a Stargate on the cover.

I finished my re-read of the complete series a couple of days ago. I'll probably re-read HBP again in a couple days when the wait gets to its most painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            His name is Grawp! And I don't get him either.
            Thanks! I knew I was spelling it wrong but it was late and I was too tired to look it up.

Originally posted by Exiled Master
            There isn't much to get, he's Hagrid's most recent subject of compassion. And since he can't understand English, I doubt he will come into his own in Hollows. (Unless he's in a fight, in which case he will kick some serious @$$)
            I'm kind of hopin' he will help unite the Giants to go on Harry's side instead of Voldermorts.

Originally posted by PengYn
            Anybody re-reading any at the moment? It proves a minor distraction from the fact that it's not next Friday yet
            I always read the newest book first and then start the whole series over from the 1st book to the last one.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

bounces in to say ~~~ oh my gash ... can't wait!!!!

the movie ~~ which i thought would be a fix ~~~ has made the wait worse!!!

*headdesk*

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                bounces in to say ~~~ oh my gash ... can't wait!!!!

the movie ~~ which i thought would be a fix ~~~ has made the wait worse!!!

*headdesk*

teehee!!
                It's is soooo painful. I'm filling my week with lots of other good books that I've been meaning to read- hopefully making a chapters trip.

*sigh* Think I'm seeing the movie on Sunday now. Either Sunday or Thursday. Life is so complicated.

7 days 4 hours 36 minutes 47 seconds

Comment

To quote Popeye - "Enough is too much an' I can't stands no more!"

I can't wait any longer! I'm biting the bullet, and I'm gonna head down to my local fleapit this afteroon and see the movie. Hopefully, there won't be too many screamin' kids, and I'll be able to enjoy it in relative peace.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I have literally never heard of anyone else who just watched the movies and never read the books.
                    LOL. Yeah i am not much of a book fan (unless is like an educational text book type thing). I am more of a film fan! But i think my mum has the 1rst book somewhere around the house so i may give it a try!
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

i know of a few who have not read any of the book but has seen all the movies
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I am going with the wife to see OotP tomorrow! Can't wait!

Comment

Just back from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix myself.

Enjoyed it a great deal, but was kind of disappointed that a couple of my favourite scenes from the book were cut completely

But, sacrifices had to be made in order to keep the film to a fairly reasonable running time (2hrs 18mins).

What I loved:

Dumbledore giving his full name to the Minister of Magic at Harry's hearing - "Albus Percival Wulfric..." then in a slightly softer tone, "Brian..." normal again "Dumbledore."

Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch), I predict this young lady will become a huge star one day. IMO she was absolutely pitch perfect for the part of Luna, just the right balance of vague dottiness but with a core of steel (as seen in the battle scene in the Ministry of Magic). And oh my word those eyes... *sigh*

Harry's dream/halucination of Voldemort standing on platform 9 3/4 - very nicely done, and Ralph Feinnes looked fantastic in the suit they had him wearing.

Credit where credit's due to Jany Temime for her fantastic costume design, and also to Production Designer Stewart Craig.

What I disliked:

Two of my favorite scenes from the novel were missing entirely. Specifically the sequence where Mr. Weasley takes Harry the the offices of the Aurors while they're at the Ministy, and the whole of the business at St. Mungo's Hospital.

But the pros far outweigh the cons, and I heartily recommend the movie.

Is in next Saturday yet?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Watched the movie too, I have to say the whole of the movie before they go to the ministry of magic is pretty terrible, it's waaay too rushed! I know they have a time limit but still, I dont think it was written well at all and all the people who havent read the books will probably be quite lost for half the movie.
                            The scenes in the Ministry were awesome though!

Spoiler:
                            I loved the battle where Sirius and Harry fought together That was really well done! And the bit where Voldy took over Harry's body, Harry's quote to him was just class!!
                            They ruined it again though by missing out the scene where Harry has a go at D, that was one of my favourite parts in the book, shame they left it out Also the bit at the end where the Order has a nice little chat with Vernon and Petunia was left out too

They also made Luna a bit too 'blonde' though she was a pretty good actor. Umbridge was spot on though!

Overall I didnt enjoy the movie much, it was made pretty much made for the scene in the Ministry. I think everyones overrated it

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

No St. Mungos! Well at least that means I probably won't have to worry about getting teary..... But that is one of my favourite chapters as well.

Comment

No St. Mungos! Well at least that means I probably won't have to worry about getting teary..... But that is one of my favourite chapters as well.
                                Seriously, would it have broken the budget to get Kenneth Brannagh back for a day or two of filming?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X