Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Is that why Voldemort looked more human this time? People thought he's eyes were too creepy in the last movie?
    Well that explains why he didnt seem so dark and scary, I thought there was something different about him.
    And I know what you mean by the feeling of 'awe' but this is Lord Voldemort, he still has to feel 'dark' everytime he comes on screen. They're ruined it now though with changing the eyes. Too scary my ass!

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

IIRC from the GoF DVD, the make up team thought that adding snake eye contact lenses to Ralf Feinnes would be a bit too much - considering the physicality of Voldemort.

Changing the subject slightly, who do you guys think should play Narcissa Malfoy in HBP?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Changing the subject slightly, who do you guys think should play Narcissa Malfoy in HBP?
        that reminds me, Bellatrix's casting was PERFECT!!! She did an amazing job!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
          Only thing that bugged me about Helena Bonham Carter's performance was that terrible Mockeney (Mock Cockney) voice she affected. I always thought Bellatrix would sound very uppercrust - what with all the Purebloods thinking of themselves as Wizard aristocracy.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I read that exerpt on Mugglenet.

I don't understand how it can be a spoiler, actually. I mean, it'll be the first think you'll read anyway. Instead of reading it and the rest of book at relatively the same time, you'll have read this part first less than a week earlier, big deal.

So...ahem...about that vomiting thing. Can anyone answer my question please?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              So...ahem...about that vomiting thing. Can anyone answer my question please?
              There was no vomiting. The closest you got was Dudley holding a bucket on his lap and looking rather ill post-Dementor attack, and Fred and George trying out one of their Skiving Snackboxes on a couple of first years - no puking, just looking like the kid was going to.

Ok?
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not from the UK, who are some good actress choices to pick from?

Originally posted by iLemon
                I agree, I thought she was great.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

There was no vomiting. The closest you got was Dudley holding a bucket on his lap and looking rather ill post-Dementor attack, and Fred and George trying out one of their Skiving Snackboxes on a couple of first years - no puking, just looking like the kid was going to.

Ok?

Very much so, THANK YOU!!
                  Last edited by PG15; 15 July 2007, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Veru much so, THANK YOU!!
                    You're most welcome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Strangely, I don't remember Voldemort's change in eye color. I guess I was too distracted by his awesome suit on the platform. That stuff belongs on a heavy metal album!
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

IS IT SATURDAY YET?!?!?! I cant wait much longer!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                          IS IT SATURDAY YET?!?!?! I cant wait much longer!!!
                          Me neither!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* Bought some books today to pass the time til then though.

Comment

Is anyone else re-reading all the first six books til the last one comes out this Saturday? I'm currently in the middle of POA, which is hilarous to read the second time around after you know who's innocent & who's not and what the other characters do about the character they fear.

I'm also doing this to try and refresh my memory of everything so I can start Deathly Hallows and just read it through once and understand everything.
                            StarshineRoxie
                            A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm rereading just OotP and HBP for both the movie and DH.

It's taking a while though. I'm having trouble staying focused for some reason.

Comment

I'm rereading just OotP and HBP for both the movie and DH.

It's taking a while though. I'm having trouble staying focused for some reason.
                                Probably because you don't want to get to the endings. Both of those books end on quite a disturbing note. I can't wait to find out what will happen in the final one. Then maybe we can all get some closure.
                                StarshineRoxie
                                A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X