No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it would be cool if JKR did some pre-quel to the books...like harry's parents at school, etc. the marauders era books or something
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
      i think it would be cool if JKR did some pre-quel to the books...like harry's parents at school, etc. the marauders era books or something
      She shouldn't write for a full series from the Marauder's era, maybe just a few self-contained stories. If they are well received, then she should go ahead with another, shorter series. I doubt that she will eclipse her own work while within the same mythos.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

So does anyone else think harry is a horocrux? or is it just me?
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

nah, i don't think harry is a horcrux...i do believe there is something a bit more significant with his scar tho...just don't know what
          sigpic

Comment

I love the idea of her releasing a few short stories set in Hogwarts- they'd be a lot of fun. She also mentioned at one point that she'd consider putting together a Harry Potter encyclopedia of her notes and things. That would be wonderful. Like that idea of "Hogwarts a History" as well. Perhaps she could do "Hogwarts: A Revised History" as another of those comic relief books. I thoroughly enjoyed the other two, and it's a good cause.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

No I don't, but he
              Spoiler:
              seems to be wearing one (the last by the fianl battle?) on the cover of the US edition. The same one is the cover for the adult UK.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

this question is being asked around alot now. I dont think he is one tho
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                  this question is being asked around alot now. I dont think he is one tho
                  Me either. It's a bit too obvious. But then again, it could be a double bluff...
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

that is very true too
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                      Or start writting 'Hogwarts: A History' Goodness knows how many notebooks JK has on just the backstory on every character and Hogwarts.
                      That would be really good if she did that.

I've gotten quite upset at the end of the last two or three books. Cant wait to read the final book.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I don't think it makes much sense for these reasons:
                        1. Harry might have shown signs of corruption by now from having a piece of Voldemort inside him. Or perhaps some other personality (Voldemort's) that was much darker.
                        2. It really hurt Voldemort to possess Harry because he can love. That would make him a rather undesirable vessel for his [Voldemort's] soul. If Harry was a Horcrux, then that part of Voldemort's soul would have been rejected around the time Harry came to Hogwarts (since it was the best thing that ever happened to him)
                        3. Why would Voldemort turn Harry into a Horcrux if he just intended to kill him? The sequence of events immediately prior to Lily's death are known from dementor flashbacks. They involve no spellcasting by Voldemort other than killing (green flashes). There is also no white mist in these recollections, so memory modification is out the window.
                        4. Voldemort's curse rebounded upon himself, leaving him without a body ('less then the meanest ghost' was the way he put it in Goblet). He can't perform a spell to seal his unbonded soul into anything, including Harry. I don't think spirits have a very strong command of wands.
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Well put.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

well put indeed

Comment

very well put
                              sigpic

Comment

And how big is Exiled Master's ego at the moment, d'you think?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X