No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both my adult daughter and I are HUGE harry potter fans.
    I don't think he is a horcrux because JK Rowling says he isn't. (It's on her website) I am just worried she is going to kill him off

Comment

yea, i know...i think harry will be one to die as well...i also think voldemort and one other person will die. also, sirius to me is alive and dumbledore is dead.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think that Sirius is alive, but i deffinatly think that there is more to this vail than we think. it's not just as straight forward as when you go through thats it , your gone for good. perhaps it is the gateway to the afterlife, so in a way Sirius could be alive, but not in our physical world.
        ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Isis View Post
          I don't think that Sirius is alive, but i deffinatly think that there is more to this vail than we think. it's not just as straight forward as when you go through thats it , your gone for good. perhaps it is the gateway to the afterlife, so in a way Sirius could be alive, but not in our physical world.
          If there's more to veil then we think, we will see it again. But I can't see Harry and Co. getting back to the Dept. of Mysteries to get an explanation, so either there is another one of those things that they can study or someone (who we haven't met yet) will explain about it. Why would it be an heretofore unknown character? Because we haven't met anyone that works in the Dept of Mysteries that would have reason to divulge its secrets to Harry and Co. (Unless my memory has failed me)
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I just reserved a copy of Deathly Hollows today. But I'm not sure if I can get to the Borders for the Midnight release. *envisions the sheer fanboyism inherent in the previous statement*
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

At lease you have a midnight relase. we only have a 9am release here. granted that we acctually will get the book first because of time differences, but it still sux that it will be the 21st for 9 hours before we can get the book. not happy Jan.
              ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Isis View Post
                At lease you have a midnight relase. we only have a 9am release here. granted that we acctually will get the book first because of time differences, but it still sux that it will be the 21st for 9 hours before we can get the book. not happy Jan.
                Yea, the day of reckoning fast approaches. Will you be at home, futilely trying to wait out the apocalyptic storm of spoilers, or will you be out with your fellow fans, keeping a caffeinated vigil to the tale's end?

Comment

i will be at home reading till it is finished, but yet i will still be in the company on another huge fan as my fiance will also be there reading aswell. where will you be if you can;t make it to the midnight release?
                  ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

yea, i am hoping to make it to the midnight release at Borders...also, Borders here is having a Snape debate June 21 that i am gonna try to get to as well

as for the book...i will read it then my mum will then i will read it again
                    sigpic

Comment

so what do you all think. is Harry going to live or die?
                      ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

i dunno...i sadly think he is gonna die, but we will just have to wait and see

also, i have mugglenet's book (what will happen in HP book 7) and it says that JKR said that two characters die she didn't intend to die and another character gets a reprieve (meaning one lives who she intended to die)...that character i believe is snape...i think we will learn A LOT about snape in book 7 (like i believe he was in love with Lily, that he is on the good side, etc.) i believe snape will be right there by voldemort's side during the final battle but then will turn against voldemort (proving he had been good all this time) when voldemort turns to kill harry. then we have those life debts (meaning one saves a life of another and that person is indebted to them....wormtail is indebted to harry, harry is indebted to snape, snape is indebted to james so therefore harry)
                        sigpic

Comment

I will most certainly be headed out somewhere for midnight on the 21st. Probably Chapters for the fun stuff, then I'll go across the street and buy it at Save-On Foods.....it's $10-15 cheaper there.

Comment

i hope they dont kill harry. id like a nice ending

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Yeah i want Harry to live and i think he will, but i think that Ginny will be the one to die (appart from Voldermort that is).
                              ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Ginny? Really? I was thinking either Ron or Neville may be one to die
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X