Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that banner and love Alex's singing voice <3
    sigpic
    My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      Oooo...LOVE IT!
      Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      That's lovely Scifan!

I posted this last year, but as it's Christmas I thought I'd post it again.

Alex Kingston singing one of my favourite Christmas Carols, The Coventry Carol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOZ8c3C4rEk
      Thank you Blen.

Oh I haven't heard that song in ages. She has such a lovely voice. Thanks for reposting.

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
      Love that banner and love Alex's singing voice <3
      Thanks MissKitten.
      Last edited by scifan; 22 December 2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too!

Lovely wallie Sci!!

Comment

Merry Christmas. Only hours left until Twelve will appear. *sob* Will miss you Eleven!
            sigpic
            My Site || My Blog

Comment

Just finished watching it, my comments on the episode under the spoiler tags, you have been warned!

Spoiler:

That moment at the end when he hallucinated Amy was really sweet and beautiful, but I just wish it would have been River he saw. I mean, I get it. It's about the first face, and he sort of already had his goodbye with her. And she did get a mention in the episode (which was great - "totally married her!"), but it would have been so poetic to have her there at his final moments (but then again, perhaps we will get to see her with Twelve).

I love how well this episode resolved loose ends. Like why on earth Kovarian and the Silence went so far in their mission to stop the Doctor. I loved that they were merely a breakaway group, that it wasn't the entire churches mission to have him killed. And it was kind of poetic that they fought side by side in the seize of Trenzalore.

And the use of the Long Song for his regeneration was good, since it is both about going to sleep and waking up
              sigpic
              My Site || My Blog

Comment

Ooh! I missed the Christmas Special! Which is to say that I saw every second, but everyone was talking so I missed what was going on. And after midnight service Christmas Eve and early Christmas morning with the grandbabies, I so couldn't stay up for the reshowing of it.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too!

Lovely wallie Sci!!
                  Thank you Blen.

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
                  Just finished watching it, my comments on the episode under the spoiler tags, you have been warned!

Spoiler:

That moment at the end when he hallucinated Amy was really sweet and beautiful, but I just wish it would have been River he saw. I mean, I get it. It's about the first face, and he sort of already had his goodbye with her. And she did get a mention in the episode (which was great - "totally married her!"), but it would have been so poetic to have her there at his final moments (but then again, perhaps we will get to see her with Twelve).

I love how well this episode resolved loose ends. Like why on earth Kovarian and the Silence went so far in their mission to stop the Doctor. I loved that they were merely a breakaway group, that it wasn't the entire churches mission to have him killed. And it was kind of poetic that they fought side by side in the seize of Trenzalore.

And the use of the Long Song for his regeneration was good, since it is both about going to sleep and waking up
                  Spoiler:
                  I enjoyed seeing Amy. His first face and dearest friend.
                  I'm wondering if the Time Lords purposely sent that crack to her room, knowing River was her daughter. Like he said if it was for River he wouldn't be alive. She fell in love with him, changed and saved him.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Ooh! I missed the Christmas Special! Which is to say that I saw every second, but everyone was talking so I missed what was going on. And after midnight service Christmas Eve and early Christmas morning with the grandbabies, I so couldn't stay up for the reshowing of it.
                  I might be able to help you with that. PM me if you need help.

Comment

Happy New Years shippers.

LOL, I spotted something excellent today on Tumblr - http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/72...isbrakeson-omg

Comment

Happy New Years shippers.

LOL, I spotted something excellent today on Tumblr - http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/72...isbrakeson-omg
                      LOL! OMG indeed!
                      sigpic
                      My Site || My Blog

Comment

Blenca's been busy!
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Came across this today: Matt objecting to the idea of Alex appearing alongside Capaldi

http://thelilliecat.tumblr.com/post/...over-alex-matt
                          sigpic
                          My Site || My Blog

Comment

I hope we DO see her with 12!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I saw that & was thrilled to bits with it.

BTW there is news that Alex is going to be starring in a new ITV drama, Chasing Shadows, along with Noel Clarke. They should be starting filming soon. That puts her nicely in the UK. Let's hope that she had time to make a trip over to Cardiff.

Comment

My fingers crossed that maybe this makes her available for conventions
                                sigpic
                                My Site || My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X