Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
    Could you maybe share the lyrics with us? I like your voice a lot, but I think the guitar maybe was slightly out of tune?
    Sorry for the Wibbly Wobbly timing on my reply, I'm terrible at keeping up with the convo.

Thank you for the kind compliments! It's definitely possible the guitar might be out of tune a bit. Brand new, breaking 'er in.

I've got the full lyrics posted here: http://geekychristine.com/music/the-...ng-river-song/

Looking forward to writing more Doctor Who-inspired songs. I've got three recorded so far (my latest was for the 50th Anniversary), and I'm working on a fourth, kind of inspiring one revolving around the Doctor not traveling alone.

Comment

You're welcome and thanks so much Squirrely... and I don't see why not. I know I was squeeing during that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        I Loved both the vid and the art. Amazing Advent there! Love all of yout artwork, Sci!

As far as squees? I still both do and use the term. Of course, I'm so out of touch with pop culture it's unreal.
        *blushes* Thanks hun.

Hee hee. I'm with you. I don't follow the norm.

Great moment for me today When I came home from shopping for Christmas presents, I turned on the TV, intending to watch some Doctor Who, and there on the TV people were discussing River <3 as well as her and the Doctor's relationship <3
        Oh I would've loved to have seen that. *happy sigh*

Comment

river.jpg

DOCTOR: River. They were your parents. Sorry. I didn't even think.

RIVER: It doesn't matter.

DOCTOR: Of course it matters.

RIVER: What matters is this: Doctor, don't travel alone.

DOCTOR: Travel with me, then.

RIVER: Whenever and wherever you want, but not all the time. One pyschopath per TARDIS, don't you think?

*sigh* I love this. I just...LOVE this. He's broken, and he asks her to stay. I wish we could see more of what happened between this and The Snowmen.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

river2.jpg

river3.jpg
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

eleven.jpg

RIVER: It means, Mr. Grayle, just you wait 'til my husband gets home.

AMY: Come on.

DOCTOR: Just a moment. Final checks.

AMY: Since when?

Out of sight from AMY, the DOCTOR licks his hand and uses it to put his hair in place. He then checks his breath and straightens his tie.

DOCTOR: (sees RIVER in the study) Sorry I'm late, honey. Traffic was hell.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by geekychristine View Post
                Sorry for the Wibbly Wobbly timing on my reply, I'm terrible at keeping up with the convo.

Thank you for the kind compliments! It's definitely possible the guitar might be out of tune a bit. Brand new, breaking 'er in.

I've got the full lyrics posted here: http://geekychristine.com/music/the-...ng-river-song/

Looking forward to writing more Doctor Who-inspired songs. I've got three recorded so far (my latest was for the 50th Anniversary), and I'm working on a fourth, kind of inspiring one revolving around the Doctor not traveling alone.
                Aww <3 Those are some beautiful lyrics
                sigpic
                My Site || My Blog

Comment

Sara! Thanks for the memories! Loved that episode on a lot of levels!
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thanks Sara.

And I LOVE when they flirt.

It's not going to be the same if she comes back now.

Comment

"And Doctor Song, you've got that face on"
                      "What face?"
                      "The 'he's hot when he's clever' face"
                      "This is my normal face"
                      "Yes it is"
                      "Oh, shut up"
                      "Not a chance"

<3 their flirting
                      sigpic
                      My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Thanks Sara.

And I LOVE when they flirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-6UMHTnvU

It's not going to be the same if she comes back now.
                        oooo...I love that scene when they're facing the Silents. She leans into him back to back and presses that hair into the nape of his neck...mhmmmm...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thare are so many wonderful scenes in TIA/DotM.

Another of my faves is "Don't worry. I'm quite the screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you."

Comment

"And Doctor Song, you've got that face on"
                            "What face?"
                            "The 'he's hot when he's clever' face"
                            "This is my normal face"
                            "Yes it is"
                            "Oh, shut up"
                            "Not a chance"

<3 their flirting
                            Hee hee. LOVE IT!!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            oooo...I love that scene when they're facing the Silents. She leans into him back to back and presses that hair into the nape of his neck...mhmmmm...
                            I squeeed in that scene because it was so obvious they were flirting at that time.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Thare are so many wonderful scenes in TIA/DotM.

Another of my faves is "Don't worry. I'm quite the screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you."
                            OMGosh Yes!! I died laughing.

Here is a sig I did for AFA Christmas challenge.

Comment

Oooo...LOVE IT!
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That's lovely Scifan!

I posted this last year, but as it's Christmas I thought I'd post it again.

Alex Kingston singing one of my favourite Christmas Carols, The Coventry Carol.

Comment

Working...
                                X