Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadman
    The only cross that I would accept is SG-1 on some planet similar to theirs and they walk by the Tardis. Then later on in a crowd, you can see the Doctor and Rose there, but there is no interaction.

That would be the most I could take.
    Like in Red Dwalf, in one episode you could see the TARDIS (on a Police Public call box) hidden in the corner of the hangar, in the episode "Marooned" i think.
    Hola

Hello

Comment

As you may or may not know, planned but never executed was a meeting between Doctor Who (Tom Baker era) and Blakes Seven. The entire meeting would be televised in both series. Simply while walking down coridors (budgets forcing many studio sets) they would pass each other saying "Hello Blake" and "Hello Doctor".

This is a true story.

Its silly enough that I'd have liked that one.

Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Originally posted by wako!
      Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Plus nothing in the Stargate universe could get past the TARDIS's Defences.
      a kawoosh would
      Nope.
      Very likely correct - but Sutekh's mental powers were strong enough to ground the TARDIS so the Ori's almost certainly would too.
      Last edited by TheTrulyMadOne; 14 September 2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

heh, I see in a recent interview David Hewlett has said that his favourite role he'd like to play (aside from McKay) is the Doctor!

Comment

Maybe the Sangraal is the TARDIS. Carter did mention something along the lines of it being dimensionly transcendent, on account of its small size and ability to transverse dimensions.

Comment

No i doubt that it is a TARDIS
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Oh how about the gallifreian(Time Lord) as the furlings

Comment

well if the doctor landed in the SGC, i see a few things happening:

one, he probably would be trying to go to NORAD, but land a few levels too deep.

two, he'd make some comment about reconizing a stargate or something. maybe say it should be shapped like a triangle so it doesn't need a stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                  a kawoosh would
                  Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  Nope.
                  I'm going to have to say that it would. But I doubt the SGC would try to kill the Doctor anyways.
                  Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  I wouldnt say the SGC is the US version of Torchwood. It's the US version of UNIT (seen in the Christmas Invasion and classic eps). Torchwood is more like the NID in my opinion.
                  Yeah, that sounds about right to me too(though admittedly I don't know much about Torchwood yet)
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Specter View Post
                    Maybe the Sangraal is the TARDIS. Carter did mention something along the lines of it being dimensionly transcendent, on account of its small size and ability to transverse dimensions.
                    Well the Doctor is supposed to become Merlin one day... so it follows logically...
                    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                    sigpic
                    My fics at my site
                    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

WOW I FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD!

Greening time.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Wow.....I never noticed the Stargate reference in Army of Ghosts. Heh. Interesting.

Though they are two universes that should never collide.

Doctor Who and Red Dwarf on the other hand.....

Comment

I like universe crossovers, but it only works between similar styled shows. Stargate is a dramatic comedy, while Doctor Who is a comedic farce, with occasional drama thrown in. Sort of a twisted parody of reality (at least that's how I see it). They're both fun shows, but you just couldn't mix them without it being totally ridiculous.

Comment

Back in the 80s Doctor Who crossed over with Eastenders

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                              I like universe crossovers, but it only works between similar styled shows. Stargate is a dramatic comedy, while Doctor Who is a comedic farce, with occasional drama thrown in. Sort of a twisted parody of reality (at least that's how I see it). They're both fun shows, but you just couldn't mix them without it being totally ridiculous.
                              I'd hardly say Who is a "Comedic Farce" it's a very powerful show with a lot of messages with a lot of comedy added. I'd say just like Stargate actually.

pbellosom, the crossover is not canon.

I quite like the idea of that Blake 7 crossover with Doctor Who, the execution, especially having it in BOTH shows, would be fantastic. The problem is, often crossovers such as these are seen as tacky these days. Plus you have to consider how canon might screw things about. I had started work on a Doctor Who/SG1 crossover fiction that I abandoned through lack of interest. I've probably already mentioned it in this thread. But I like the idea of Torchwood and the NID interacting more than the main characters. Although I could quite happily see a scene in both Who and SG1 where say.... SG1 arrives on a planet and a strange man in weird clothes is saying good bye to the High Minister, shortly before SG1 greet him.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If these 2 shows were to have crossover it would very hated and I would hate it aswell personaly, whats the point of the UK having unit and torchwood when we are apart of the stargate alliance. Also on that episode of doctor with satan on, did you see the spaceship the humans had, the earths (and fighters) are more advanced then that.
                                Last edited by ukray; 16 August 2007, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X