Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not Dr Who is Crap!

"you are the weakest link so now I'm going to kill you!"- How unrealistic can you get?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!

"you are the weakest link so now I'm going to kill you!"- How unrealistic can you get?
      nooo sorry but i have to dissagree with that, dr who is great.

But we are all allowed our opinions

--Gaz--

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell
        nooo sorry but i have to dissagree with that, dr who is great.

But we are all allowed our opinions

--Gaz--
        Well this is from a person who also hates LOTR

ETA: I meant me of course

Comment

Doctor Who is TEH Awesome, okay? In some ways it beats Stargate - like perhaps the fact that it carries more originality and has better story ideas alot of the time.

I think that the writers should look at Doctor Who as an example of how to carry on a long series, considering it's on series 28 and still millions tune in to watch - Stargate however after only 10 seasons.....Get my point?

Ps. Happy Birthday next month by the way, Wako. Aw....16.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
            Doctor Who is TEH Awesome, okay? In some ways it beats Stargate - like perhaps the fact that it carries more originality and has better story ideas alot of the time.

I think that the writers should look at Doctor Who as an example of how to carry on a long series, considering it's on series 28 and still millions tune in to watch - Stargate however after only 10 seasons.....Get my point?

Ps. Happy Birthday next month by the way, Wako. Aw....16.
            I try to like it, I just get put off with story lines like, " RUN AWAY FROM THE EVIL ANNE ROBINSON ROBOT!", and "Oh, no, Human cats!" etc

Ps. Happy 17th next year

Comment

I try to like it, I just get put off with story lines like, " RUN AWAY FROM THE EVIL ANNE ROBINSON ROBOT!", and "Oh, no, Human cats!" etc

Ps. Happy 17th next year
              Try watching the classic series.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I could imagine, replicators versus daleks. That would be funny.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Ps. Happy 17th next year
                  Another example of someone taking sci fi seriously ALL THE TIME - Doctor Who is original in the fact that every episode is comedy half-the-time, it's a brilliant concept - that's why I love Stargate eps like Window of Opportunity and Irresistable.

ps. Yee know too much.....
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

did any one notice that the four daleks were from the cult of skaara?
                    War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Cult of Skaro. Skaro was the home planet of the Daleks.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

has anybody got a picture i can see.

Cheers

--Gaz--

Comment

A picture of what?

Well I wrote quite a bit of Doctor Who in Stargate myself, fanfics that is.
                          I picture both universes to be the same. The Time Lords are a branch of the Ancients. Some of the Ascended Ancients are the Celestial Intervention Agency (in Dr Who).

Recently NitCentral's Callie reported about the S9 episode Camelot that
                          "when the treasure appears in Merlin’s lab, a familiar object appears (scroll down to the bottom of the page). Apparently (I’ve not seen the movie for yonks), one of the items in the background is a Reflector Staff from the Eye of Harmony room in the Doctor Who movie.

(Stargate SG-1 is filmed at Bridge Studios where the movie was also filmed. No-one is yet certain whether the staff was found in the props room and they just thought it looked appropriate, or whether someone deliberately snuck it in, knowing full well what it was.)"

For those who didn't know, Doctor Who was or will be Merlin according to the "arthurian" episode Battlefield. Which is why he 'ages backwards' because you meet him for the first time when he's already met you for the first time in his personal timeline.
                          So it looks like it's another 'hint'. I also associated 'Janus' in Atlantis with the Other from pre-Gallifreyan Doctor Who history. Both were experimenting with time travel against the official council guidelines...

Also it's been mentioned already but Doctor Who's first season episode Dalek, takes place in 2012 I think, in Area 51. The look of the place with the soldiers etc gives you an SGC impression, on purpose. Plus there is an actress from Stargate SG-1 too in that episode...

I hope both shows continue with these 'hints'. It makes me appreciate them more.
                          Last edited by scirev; 21 August 2006, 04:34 AM.
                          http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                          sigpic
                          My fics at my site
                          Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

My feeling is that since it is Science FICTION, all of these shows can live in the same universe if they want. Why the heck not? I love the new Doctor Who... and I can't wait for the David Tennant eps to air.

I remember there was a fan fic at one point that had crossover between Farscape and Stargate where Carter had gone to school with Crichton (they were both wormhole physics experts)... that was long ago before Farscape ended and Ben joined SG-1.

So, regardless of scripts or spellings, sure... why not?

I mean, it is entertainment. Let it entertain you!
                            Elnea
                            Sci-Fi fan, Gamer, Doctor, Soccer Mom
                            http://www.TaiChiKnees.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elnea
                              My feeling is that since it is Science FICTION, all of these shows can live in the same universe if they want. Why the heck not? I love the new Doctor Who... and I can't wait for the David Tennant eps to air.

I remember there was a fan fic at one point that had crossover between Farscape and Stargate where Carter had gone to school with Crichton (they were both wormhole physics experts)... that was long ago before Farscape ended and Ben joined SG-1.

So, regardless of scripts or spellings, sure... why not?

I mean, it is entertainment. Let it entertain you!
                              In-deed.

I'd also like to see a Star Wars/Doctor Who cross over as well.

sigpic

Comment

No, man, no. Dr Who is a kids show (even more so than Star Wars)

Comment

Working...
                                X