Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anything from Stargate turned up on Doctor Who I'd be crying into my cornflakes.

Comment

I've spent many fun hours imagining crossover what-ifs. It's never serious, more just an exercise to see if there's any possible way for it all to work. Instead of sticking to just one or two fandoms, though, I like to find ways to toss them all together- I never thought of adding Red Dwarf or SG in until now.

Things started off with the good ol', "What if you crossed Star Wars and Star Trek?"

Then Doctor Who got added in so it was, "What if you crossed ST, SW, and DW?"

Now let's go with, "What if you crossed SW, ST, DW, SG, RD, and..." Am I missing any scifi fandoms?

It can be easily done if you get really lame and just blame the universe jumbling and jumping on Q.

Someone write a fanfic, quick! Extra points if you DON'T use an all-powerful being to facilitate events, it's NOT a crack-fic, AND it makes sense.

ETA: Temporal anomolies and rips in the fabric of space and time are acceptable.

AyanEva

Comment

Well, RTD is a big Stargate fan so I'd say that it was deliberate homage to have a 'Jaffa Glider' mentioned.

He also vetoed the use of an alien name the "Gra'ask" because he said "I think Stargate have a trademark on apostophes in alien names at this stage" and his script directions for 2-12: Army of Ghosts specify that the Spehere Room should look like the Gate Room in the SGC (you'll note both have raised metal ramps with lights built into the railings leading up at an angle towards a strange, circular artifact)

The same episode even has a viper from BSG parked in the background of one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jomel10
          Thought it was so cute that he made them correct it in the credits
          lol, David Tennant exposes himself as the diva he really is "Im the star, I say change it". Its good that he is there, he's a true whovian and will pick up any mistakes that TPTB make, including the shameful one for S1/27's credits.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
            I hope not Dr Who is Crap!

"you are the weakest link so now I'm going to kill you!"- How unrealistic can you get?
            Well, admittedly, that wasn't exactly the best Doctor Who episode. I tend to find that episodes that involve games or game-masters tend to be sort of stupid in general.

In the recent 2 seasons, I like Dalek and Girl in the Fireplace. There were probably some other eps but those 2 pop up at the top of my head.

Still, if ya don't like Doctor Who then ya don't like it. :/
            :3!

Comment

How is this for an idea for an episode. SG1 gates to a world that the Doctor is visiting and suddenly it gets invaded by Daleks. SG1 can't get to the gate because the Daleks have taken control of it so the Doctor offers them a ride in his TARDIS. On their way to Earth something pushes the TARDIS into an alternate universe (like what happens in that episode where they find the Cybermen and Rose's dad is alive and rich and England has a president. I've forgotten the name of the episode but any Doctor Who fans will know what I mean) Anyway they get pushed into this alternate universe where they meet the crew from Battlestar Gallactica who are battling a group of Cylons who have invaded the ship. The Doctor and SG1 try to help fight the cylons but suddenly the Daleks invade. They have managed to find a way to follow the Doctor and SG1. Those tin cans are so resilient!!! As you can imagine chaos ensues. SG1, The Doctor and a few crew members including Captain Adama and Kara "Starbuck" Thrace manage to get back on to the TARDIS.
              In his rush, the Doctor just pulls any lever. He doesn't care where they go as long as it is far away from this place. Luckily they get pulled back into their normal universal but have travelled some time into the future.
              The TARDIS is low on power and they are adrift in space, with no knowing of where or when they are when suddenly the intercom comes on and they hear Captain Jean Luc Picard's voice. He says he can see they are in some distree with the TARDIS low on power and offers to beam everyone including the police box on board....

Does anybody else care to continue this story, my fingers are aching.

Comment

Originally posted by SGC General Griff
                How is this for an idea for an episode. SG1 gates to a world that the Doctor is visiting and suddenly it gets invaded by Daleks. SG1 can't get to the gate because the Daleks have taken control of it so the Doctor offers them a ride in his TARDIS. On their way to Earth something pushes the TARDIS into an alternate universe (like what happens in that episode where they find the Cybermen and Rose's dad is alive and rich and England has a president. I've forgotten the name of the episode but any Doctor Who fans will know what I mean) Anyway they get pushed into this alternate universe where they meet the crew from Battlestar Gallactica who are battling a group of Cylons who have invaded the ship. The Doctor and SG1 try to help fight the cylons but suddenly the Daleks invade. They have managed to find a way to follow the Doctor and SG1. Those tin cans are so resilient!!! As you can imagine chaos ensues. SG1, The Doctor and a few crew members including Captain Adama and Kara "Starbuck" Thrace manage to get back on to the TARDIS.
                In his rush, the Doctor just pulls any lever. He doesn't care where they go as long as it is far away from this place. Luckily they get pulled back into their normal universal but have travelled some time into the future.
                The TARDIS is low on power and they are adrift in space, with no knowing of where or when they are when suddenly the intercom comes on and they hear Captain Jean Luc Picard's voice. He says he can see they are in some distree with the TARDIS low on power and offers to beam everyone including the police box on board....

Does anybody else care to continue this story, my fingers are aching.
                Nice.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i don't think the two universes could co-exist... i mean sutek and seth were two different aliens representing the same deity. ancients and time lords wouldn't really make a lot of sense....

Sutek: kneel! kneel ! before the might of sutek the destroyer!
                  Seth: let's start a cult!

it would be fun if the doctor or during the show doctor who, stargate is mentioned as a nod. they did it for star trek so there you go.

and i don't know why that person says doctor who sucks, i think that person just being a troll. that was a fun episode, i find that doctor who has a lot of social commentary at times.

random commnet:
                  isn't hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy set in the same universe as doctor who? i read something about that.
                  Last edited by SoylentGreen; 24 August 2006, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Personally I HATE the idea of the Doctor meeting SG1. It just screams TACK!

However I do love the idea of how the various institutes (SGC, NID, Torchwood and UNIT) may actually relate to each other. I tried writing a fic that would revolve around the higher ups in each organisation and the politics surrounding key events in each universe, such as the disclosure of the Gate to other countries, the Christmas Invasion incident, and so on. I can imagine President Hayes trying to scramble F-302's to fight off the alien ship above England, only to be told to stuff it by Harriet Jones.... alas, no one seemed to give a damn about the fic, and I canned it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      Personally I HATE the idea of the Doctor meeting SG1. It just screams TACK!

However I do love the idea of how the various institutes (SGC, NID, Torchwood and UNIT) may actually relate to each other. I tried writing a fic that would revolve around the higher ups in each organisation and the politics surrounding key events in each universe, such as the disclosure of the Gate to other countries, the Christmas Invasion incident, and so on. I can imagine President Hayes trying to scramble F-302's to fight off the alien ship above England, only to be told to stuff it by Harriet Jones.... alas, no one seemed to give a damn about the fic, and I canned it.
                      Wow, that seems really interesting, I'd like to see it.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

The only cross that I would accept is SG-1 on some planet similar to theirs and they walk by the Tardis. Then later on in a crowd, you can see the Doctor and Rose there, but there is no interaction.

That would be the most I could take.
                        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I can't ever see it working as an episode of either show. But it would make for an interesting fanfic, I guess. The notion that the SGC is the US version of Torchwood - more or less - is an intriguing one. And there are enough differences between the two, in philosophy etc, for there to be interesting plot strands to cover.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                            I can't ever see it working as an episode of either show. But it would make for an interesting fanfic, I guess. The notion that the SGC is the US version of Torchwood - more or less - is an intriguing one. And there are enough differences between the two, in philosophy etc, for there to be interesting plot strands to cover.

Albion
                            I wouldnt say the SGC is the US version of Torchwood. It's the US version of UNIT (seen in the Christmas Invasion and classic eps). Torchwood is more like the NID in my opinion.

I wouldnt mind seeing a comic relief Doctor Who/Stargate cross over though.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                              I wouldnt say the SGC is the US version of Torchwood. It's the US version of UNIT (seen in the Christmas Invasion and classic eps). Torchwood is more like the NID in my opinion.
                              UNIT is with the UN. So why would the US get there own version? I do agree with Torchwood being like the NID though.

Comment

UNIT may have been with the UN, but the UNIT we see is a British contingient and is part of the British Army.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X