Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg1_david
    No, man, no. Dr Who is a kids show (even more so than Star Wars)
    Doctor Who is aimed for all ages, that doesn't necesarily mean it's a kids show.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Doctor Who is TEH Awesome, okay? In some ways it beats Stargate - like perhaps the fact that it carries more originality and has better story ideas alot of the time.

I think that the writers should look at Doctor Who as an example of how to carry on a long series, considering it's on series 28 and still millions tune in to watch - Stargate however after only 10 seasons.....Get my point?

Ps. Happy Birthday next month by the way, Wako. Aw....16.
      Well said! Doctor Who is a great show!

I think it's an interesting idea - The Doctor landing the TARDIS in the SGC. He'd be concerned though as he'd feel humans would have a lot of alien technology before their time!!! In his eyes it would be "wrong!"

Oh just realised, 1st post! Finally gave up being a lurker! Hi all!

Comment

He will be shot down by SFs faster than he can say, well anything
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Wasn't Captain Jack's ship a Chulak warship?
          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
            He will be shot down by SFs faster than he can say, well anything
            Nah, he'd be fine. He'd protect himself with his sonic screwdriver!

Comment

Originally posted by Jomel10
              Well said! Doctor Who is a great show!

I think it's an interesting idea - The Doctor landing the TARDIS in the SGC. He'd be concerned though as he'd feel humans would have a lot of alien technology before their time!!! In his eyes it would be "wrong!"

Oh just realised, 1st post! Finally gave up being a lurker! Hi all!
              Hi dude, and welcome to Gateworld

If there are any other lurkers out there, stop lurking and join in the fun! We're waiting for you.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Nah, he'd be fine. He'd protect himself with his sonic screwdriver!
                Plus nothing in the Stargate universe could get past the TARDIS's Defences.

sigpic

Comment

Plus nothing in the Stargate universe could get past the TARDIS's Defences.
                  a kawoosh would
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Hi dude, and welcome to Gateworld

If there are any other lurkers out there, stop lurking and join in the fun! We're waiting for you.
                    Thanks for the welcome

Nice to meet a fellow Stargate AND Who fan too Are you in the US? You seen season 2?

You know who should also have arrived in the SGC? The Red Dwarf lads! That would have been interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                      a kawoosh would
                      Nope.

sigpic

Comment

I reckon this would be a very cool idea but only if the powers that be manage to save Stargate from being axed. They could make Doctor Who drop into SGC for Stargate's 300th episode. True it sounds a bit cheesy but lets be truthful here Doctor Who is cheesy and both Stargate's 100th and 200th episodes have been a bit cheesy as they took the mick out of the series. However saying that we are talking about 2 successful franchises here so maybe a bit cheese is a good thing. So how about it. Doctor Who drops into SGC to help them bettle the Ori or whatever enemy they have by the 300th episode. That's if Stargate manages to get saved.

Comment

I may have to kill you.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

David Tennant would rip your arms out of your sockets, and then beat the crap out of you with them for calling the main character "Doctor Who" you know

Just so we are clear, there is no such character as "Doctor Who", the character is "The Doctor" GOT IT????

Anyway, no, Doctor Who isnt so much cheesy as it is camp, its 60's tv in a 21st century television, but it works because its intellegant, WX and 200 werent so much cheesy as... whats the word? Crap? (Imo of course)

No SG/DW crossovers for me thanks, im British (very obscure gag there)
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

lol, thats true, he would! Thought it was so cute that he made them correct it in the credits

What would Jack make of the Doctor? There would be some fun scenes between those two, with Daniel in the middle trying to keep the peace Oh and the Doctor would have to bring Captain Jack Harkness along as well

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Nice to meet a fellow Stargate AND Who fan too Are you in the US? You seen season 2?

You know who should also have arrived in the SGC? The Red Dwarf lads! That would have been interesting..
                                Nah, I'm in Britain. And season 2 of Doctor Who is brilliant.

And yes, Red Dwarf merged with Stargate = Fantastic. If you want to know something cool, rumours are forming that Rodney Mckay meets and alternate version of himself that's kinda like Ace Rimmer! Mint!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X