X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    Be gald you get it in april, we'll get it who knows when
    Well I have to rely on my cousins in the UK. I think Australia will show it around June/July like they did last year.

Comment

I am hoping that it does well on Sci fi so we continue to get it
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well Guys thyere has bveen a major newsflash in the new section for both Series 2 and Torchwood so...

SPOILERS FOR NEW SERIES !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!.......

Eve Myles Comes to Torchwood
        Torchwood
        February 23, 2006
        BBC News today reports that Welsh actress Eve Myles, who appeared as Gwyneth, the waifish servant girl who saved the world in the first series' episode "The Unquiet Dead," will be joining John Barrowman to star in the forthcoming spinoff series Torchwood. The official Doctor Who website gives her the name of Gwen Cooper. "I'm thrilled to be playing the part of Gwen. To get the chance to do a 13-part series under the watchful pen of Russell is amazing," says Eve. "It's such a compliment to have been chosen for the part - I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to working with John. It'll be the perfect opportunity for the both of us to show everyone what we've got." Eve Myles guest-starred in the first series of Doctor Who and has recently finished filming Soundproof for BBC TWO. Her credits also include a highly successful run at the National Theatre when she appeared alongside Michael Gambon in Henry IV Parts I & II. Russell T Davies says: "I've admired Eve's work for years, and when she was able to guest-star in Doctor Who last year, it just confirmed to me that she was one of Wales's best-kept secrets. The part of Gwen in Torchwood was written specially for her - so it's a good thing she said yes! Eve and John Barrowman have already met up, and the combination is going to be electrifying." John Barrowman adds: "I'm really looking forward to working with Eve. We've had a good laugh on the occasions we've met and the fact that she's already been in Doctor Who means she knows what she's getting into. Head of BBC Wales Drama, Julie Gardner, says: "We are delighted to announce the casting of Eve Myles in the central role of Gwen, alongside John Barrowman's Captain Jack in Torchwood. Eve is an intelligent and versatile actress, who has done exceptional work in a number of BBC dramas, including our local series Belonging." The 13-part drama series starts filming in the Summer and will transmit on BBC Three and BBC One.

Also noted in the article is that the series is written by Russell T Davies and Chris Chibnall, with contributing writers including P J Hammond and, in a new announcement, series two writer Toby Whithouse. Additionally, Richard Stokes is noted to be the series' producer.
        Will Thorp in Series Two
        TV Series News
        February 23, 2006
        According to the official site, Will Thorp, "best known for his role as heroic paramedic Woody in Casualty, will play Toby in two-parter The Satan Pit. Explaining why Will was chosen for the part, Russell T Davies said, 'This two-parter is just about as tense and scary as Doctor Who can get, so we needed a stellar cast to grip the audience. Will's proved his popularity with audiences in his long-running role as Woody in Casualty - but if he thought Holby General was dangerous, then we can guarantee that we're about to throw him into some truly terrifying situations.' Will's also recently appeared in serious drama Friends and Crocodiles, and strutted his stuff on Strictly Come Dancing. Paired with Latin American dancer Hanna Haarala, he made it through to the sixth round of the competition."
        Series Two Update
        TV Series News
        February 23, 2006
        Issue 367 of Doctor Who Magazine has started to reach subscribers - ten days early - and has more news of Series Two, as well as some extra content for mobile users:

According to DWM, mobile phone users will be able to download exclusive additional content before each episode of Series Two airs on BBC One. With scripts by Gareth Roberts, the thirteen instalments of 'Vortext' (the working title) will contain "exclusive footage, state-of-the-art special effects and new material directly linked to the following episode". Russell T Davies reveals that "new material is being shot alongside the regular crew" for each episode, while Gareth Roberts says, "These are proper, full-on productions", which are being made by the team responsible for 'Attack of the Graske' at Christmas.

The new issue suggests that April is the most likely start date for Series 2 and, although the magazine has no news yet of a more definite date, its next issue (368) will carry previews of the first two episodes and is published on 30 March. DWM also reports that Ron Cook (as Mr Magpie), Debra Gillett (Rita), Rory Jennings (Tommy), Marie Lewis (Mrs Gallagher), Sam Cox (Bishop), Jean Challis (Betty) and Jamie Foreman (Eddie) will all be guest starring in 'The Idiot's Lantern'. The guest cast for Episode 11 will include Erica Eirian (as Neighbour), Tim Faraday (Dad), Stephen Marzella (Policeman) and Richard Nichols (Driver).

The director for Episode 10 has also been announced: Dan Zeff, who has previously worked on Linda Green with Phil Collinson.

The title of Episode 6 is confirmed as The Age of Steel.

This month's 'Production Notes' column in DWM is by James Goss, who is in charge of the BBC's official Doctor Who site. He reveals that there will be "dozens" of fictional tie-in sites this year, "not an enormous in-joke for fans - it's a game. Each week you've got a mission. Perhaps it's Mickey needing help after he's accidentally switched off the Earth's satellite defence system..." Goss also states that there will be more content available for video, mobiles and iPod, as well as more commentary tracks (as for 'The Christmas Invasion'); there will also be more video diaries, this time provided by the Doctor Who Confidential team.

Enjoy.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
            Well Guys thyere has bveen a major newsflash in the new section for both Series 2 and Torchwood so...

SPOILERS FOR NEW SERIES !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!.......
            Is anyone else worried Russell might be stretching himself a bit thin...that would make 26 episodes of TV he will have some kind of hand in making.

Good news on casting...I liked her.

Thanks MS.

Comment

Why would 26 ep be too much the stargate team does 40

Comment

You need to understand the difference between Britain and America.

Some british tv shows (Red Dwarf cuerrently standing at 8 series) have had only 6 eps per series.

The BBC makes its own shows. Pretty much most of them. We don't have big film companies who go out and make a TV series, for example MGM and Stargate. Our TV shows (the ones that aren't imported from the US) are made by the television channel themselves. The BBC is responsible for about 8 different channels, of which, with the exception of films, and the occasional American show, they make most of the content themselves.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

thats why use get so few eps ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                    Some british tv shows (Red Dwarf cuerrently standing at 8 series) have had only 6 eps per series.
                    Well your slightly wrong there both Red Dwarf Series 7 and 8 had 8 episodes per series. OH and btw Red Dwarf 8 comes out on dvd in 14 days !!!!
                    IM so excited

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      Well your slightly wrong there both Red Dwarf Series 7 and 8 had 8 episodes per series. OH and btw Red Dwarf 8 comes out on dvd in 14 days !!!!
                      IM so excited
                      I stand corrected.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well we all make mistakes. Don't worry about it.

Comment

It seem they could do things a little better than that

Comment

It's all about budget mate.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Smaller population.

Comment

Smaller Population has nothing to do with it. It all bowls down to the budget of the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X