This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    sorry already answered but why did there force him to Regenerate??
    Doctor Who, Season 6: War Games
    Spoiler:
    Because he was considered a renegade.
    His stole the TARDIS, interfered with other races, and evaded capture. Why?
    Well, have been various reasons hinted at throughout the series.
    Political trouble, avoiding arrest, civil unrest, boredom, frustration with his people's policy of non-interference.
    He was found guilty by a three man tribunal.
    He was sentenced to exile on Earth and the death of his current incarnation.

Comment

Events in The Five Doctors and The Two Doctors directly contradict War Games, leading many to assume that someone falsified the Matrix records of the Doctor's trial to cover up his unofficial role as an agent during the end of his second incarnation.

Comment

What contradicts it? (I've seen T5D and T2D but my memory is sketchy, and I only ever read the novelisaiton of War Games so I don't remember that terribly well.)

Madeleine

Comment

I believe The Second Doctor told the Sixth that he was on a mission for the Time Lords with Jamie (it's been a long time since I last saw the 2 docs, so I'm a wee bit fuzzy on the details), however, Jamie didn't meet The Time Lords until War Games, and so, he and The Doctor could never have gone off on a mission, unless, as above, there was a tampering with the matrix.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Plus he's, like, twenty years older than when he allegedly regenerated. Funny that.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              What contradicts it? (I've seen T5D and T2D but my memory is sketchy, and I only ever read the novelisaiton of War Games so I don't remember that terribly well.)
              The Second Doctor had post-War Games knowledge about Jamie & Zoe's fate in The Five Doctors, but Jamie and Zoe's departure only happened moments before the Second Doctor regenerated in War Games.

The War Games was the first Jamie and Zoe heard of the Time Lords.
              Yet in The Two Doctors, both the Second Doctor and Jamie are working for the Time Lords, with Victoria supposedly on vacation.

Comment

Ah, I see.

I've thought of at least six diferent ways to explain the above...

... all of which, on closer examination lead to the exact same sort of problem.

I think I'd better stick to my usual level of explaining difficult plot points in Doctor Who: "Yes, poppet, that's a baddy." "Yes, that's a baddy too."

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                X