Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well seeing as the EU of Doctor Who is probably the only thing we will ever get on the 8th Doctor as RTD has said he doesnt want to go back to that era, we may as well use that to make up these wild theories of ours. As for Peter, for me that is more than a shame, more liek a tragedy, he was a good Doctor, and had he stayed on we would probably have never had Colin, which may well have saved the show for a few extra years (although we probably wouldnt have had Chris or David which would have been FAR worse).
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Maybe maybe not, we might have gotten them, and CE could have stayed for more then one season
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
        The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from the planet Gallifrey. The timelords developed a technology that allows them to "Regenerate" this kicks in when a Time Lord is severely injured. If the Time Lords life is about to end this regenration kicks in, his/her body heals itself to perfect health, but at a cost, his/her form changes completely. The concept was created in the 60's when the First Doctor William Hartnell wanted to leave the show (he was getting older and his health was starting to decline) rather than stopping the show, or replacing the character without explanation, the regenration was introduced.

The Doctors, time served and cause of regeneration are as follows:

William Hartnell (1st Doctor) - Died of Old Age - 4 seasons (1963-1966)
        Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969)
        John Pertwee (3rd Doctor) Radiation Poisoning - 5 Seasons (1970-1974)
        Tom Baker (4th Doctor) Fell from a great height - 7 seasons (1774-1981)
        Peter Davidson (5th Doctor) Poisoning - 3 seasons (1981-1984)
        Colin Baker (6th Doctor) Undetermined Injuries - 3 seasons (1984-1986)
        Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor) Shot, died on operating table - 3 seasons + 1 tv movie(1987-1989, 1996)
        Paul McGann (8th Doctor) Yet to be revealed - 1 TV Movie (1996)
        Spoiler:
        Christopher Eccleston (9th Doctor)Cellular degeneration after absorbing the time vortex. - 1 season (2005)
        David Tennant (10th Doctor) Currently active Doctor - At least 2 seasons (2006-?)

A Time Lord has 12 regenerations, meaning there may be 13 Doctors in all. It is however possible for a Time Lord to be granted more regenerations. But with Gallifrey lost in the Time War, this is unlikely to happen.
        wow thanks .now the show will make more sence to me you rule Ptah ....i mean Signal

ADD
        Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969)
        why did there force it

Comment

they probly got tired of haveing to listen to play on that recorder lol.

i thought the doctor could live forever sents i only seen the new series. i just resently watch some old doctor who eps mostly to do with daleks. geneis,distany,day,remberinse and death to the daleks. i also so the 5 doctors were they said some thing about only being albe to regenerate so many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
            ADD why did there force it
            I may be wrong (I never saw the ep but I read the book) but I think it was for Interfering too much. The Time Lords seemed to think that he'd crossed the Oma Desala line, and rather than dumping him naked on a random planet they used up one of his regenerations.

Madeleine

Comment

Wasn't he put on trial? That happens a lot. They send him to Earth as punishment but change him so no-one will know it is him or something, but I don't think that worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                why did there force it
                Prior to his pardon, the Doctor was considered renegade because he repeatedly broke the Time Lords cardinal law that they should not interfere in the affairs of others. When the Time Lords finally caught him after he called them for help, they put him on trial and was found guilty. However the time lords saw that he wasn't a bad sort of guy and instead of wiping him from time, they simply exiled him to Earth. The Doctor of course complained he'd be recognised, so they forced him to regenerate.

That episode was the first mention and appearance of the Time Lords too.

Comment

Of course, prior to The Deadly Assassin, we didn't know there was a limit to the number lives a Time Lord may have...making it still a very stern punishment retroactively.

Of course, there are contradictory accounts of the events of War Games in Pertwee's era; but the most glaring contradictions occured in The Five Doctors where the Second Doctor has survived after the Time Lords separated him from Jamie & Zoe...and The Two Doctors in which Victoria was temporarily dropped off while the Second Doctor & Jamie were on assignment on behalf of the Time Lords, which they couldn't have been prior to War Games, nor apparently subsequent to.

All this suggests the events of War Games were not entirely accurate.

In the novel World Game by Terence Dicks, the following is revealed...
                  Spoiler:
                  The matrix records were altered by the Celestial Intervention Agency who took the Doctor on as an agent after his capture.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    I heard that Romana was President of the High Council when Galifrey was destroyed and she ordered it, it would make sense that she ordered the Doctor to do it
                    Wasn't Romana left in E space with K9?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncient1 View Post
                      Wasn't Romana left in E space with K9?
                      Yes, but in the novels, she returned and eventually became President.

Comment

speaking of k-9 how did Sarah end up with k-9. i just saw hand of fear which i think was her last ep. in the school reunon ep she had k-9 i was just wondering how

Comment

That would be the pilot episode of the series "K9 & Company" which was never picked up as a proper series. It featured Sarah recieving K9 as a gift from the Doctor. They then fought witches...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                            speaking of k-9 how did Sarah end up with k-9. i just saw hand of fear which i think was her last ep. in the school reunon ep she had k-9 i was just wondering how
                            The Doctor sent Sarah a K9 at some point. There were 3 K9s: MkI was left with Leela on Gallifrey, MkII with Romana in E-space, and MkIII was sent to Sarah. (I think that is the right order, I may have them mixed up)

I believe they tried to make a spin off series featuring Sarah and K9, but it was unsuccessful. That is how Sarah ended up with. K9.

If you watch the Five Doctors (last ep of season 20), there is a scene where Sarah is going outside and K9 is behind her.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              That would be the pilot episode of the series "K9 & Company" which was never picked up as a proper series. It featured Sarah recieving K9 as a gift from the Doctor. They then fought witches...
                              sounded intesting so i looked it up and saw it. bedies from the bad opening sequence which i couldent stop laughing at K-9!lol. i liked it i never seen k-9 before in any of the old eps they should being him back again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                                Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - .
                                sorry already answered but why did there force him to Regenerate??
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X