This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Well we know he caused it, and unless it was a last ditch effort I cant see him doing it without being told to, so that makes sence. I think that whatever he did is what caused the Regeneration from 8-9, but then I suppose it could have happened a long time before then.
    I think the 8 to 9 regeneration happened not long before 'Rose'

Comment

Well we can assume that he had a few weeks at least, mainly because he was present at JFKs assasination, and the sinking of the Titanic. His clothing in the picture with the family he saved from the Titanic are similar to the 8th Doctors, we also know that he was on the Titanic when it went down and was clinging to an ice berg, it is possible that he regenerated due to that event, and then went back to save a family (perhaps he had grown close to them, and seeing as everyone he knew before was dead he would want to to keep them safe), I think I am right in saying that as long as he didnt cross his own timeline there would be no paradox. That may be the cause for his 8-9 regeneration. Even if it wasnt, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suggest that he had regenerated not long before that picture.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well we can assume that he had a few weeks at least, mainly because he was present at JFKs assasination, and the sinking of the Titanic. His clothing in the picture with the family he saved from the Titanic are similar to the 8th Doctors, we also know that he was on the Titanic when it went down and was clinging to an ice berg, it is possible that he regenerated due to that event, and then went back to save a family (perhaps he had grown close to them, and seeing as everyone he knew before was dead he would want to to keep them safe), I think I am right in saying that as long as he didnt cross his own timeline there would be no paradox. That may be the cause for his 8-9 regeneration. Even if it wasnt, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suggest that he had regenerated not long before that picture.
        Unless he was dressed in the clothes of the time, but there again he didn't bother for The Unquiet Dead, He was definatly wearing the leather jacket in the JFK pic. But you're right the clothes for the Titanic pic looked a lot like the 8th Doc

Comment

Yup, the 9th Doctor never once dressed for the occasion, and from what I remember it was pretty rare for that to happen in the old series, if he ever did it at all.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

He ussally were something that could blend anywhere, and still look out of place
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yup, the 9th Doctor never once dressed for the occasion, and from what I remember it was pretty rare for that to happen in the old series, if he ever did it at all.
              Most of the companions did change their attire but no The Doctor with maybe couple of exceptions always wore his "costume" no matter what the whether or occasion. Tom did wear a deerstalkers hat once. And Patrick did for go the coat a few times I think.

Comment

William Hartnel had to change from a coat to a clock in The Salarians(sp)

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                  William Hartnel had to change from a coat to a clock in The Salarians(sp)
                  My universal translator is on the fritz.

Do you mean "William Hartnell had to change from a coat to a cloak in The Sensorites"?

Comment

Yes,

thankful that he is still lost in time and out of the reach of spelling police

Comment

Still on the run from the authorities, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                        Still on the run from the authorities, I see.
                        yea, and I can't even find myself

Comment

Of course there are the real world reasons for Doctor's leaving too:

William Hartnell - was beginning to suffer the effects of an Alzheimer's like dementia.

Patrick Troughton - didn't want to be typecast.

Jon Pertwee - quit over money.

Tom Baker - quit over money, but has more or less admitted he demanded a huge raise to force them to refuse: he didn't like the new showrunner.

Peter Davison - didn't want to be typecast (and was persuaded to quit by ex-Doctor Pat Troughton)

Colin Baker - fired after taking the blame for diving ratings.

Sylvester McCoy - whole show cancelled.

Paul McGann - pilot not picked up.

Christopher Eccleston - it's a mystery, innit? But he has said that he found making the show so stressful and tiring he wouldn't have been able to do any other work in the 'off' season between filming (which he really wanted to do), so that may have been a factor.

Comment

Jon Pertwee--also was motivated to leave because most of his friends had left the show.

Tom Baker--had gotten too use to getting his way, but was probably right about many criticisms.

Peter Davison--changed his mind to come back after writing improved, but did so too late.

Colin Baker--some claim his ex-wife's friend, Michael Grade, couldn't separate his personal dislike for the actor and used his position of power at the BBC to kick Colin out of the TARDIS. While that sounds incredibly petty, some have claimed he used the powers of his office to make other programming changes as a retaliation against other people as well...with the jobs of many other unintended victims disrupted as a result.

Comment

Didn't MG hate doctor who and wanted to get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                                Didn't MG hate doctor who and wanted to get rid of it
                                Yes he did he actually boasted about it too, biggest mistake he ever made because he had to eat humble pie when it was bought back. I did hear somewhere that the death of Roger Delgardo (The Master in Pertwee's time) was the final factor in Pertwee's decision to leave

Comment

Working...
                                X