X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    Didn't MG hate doctor who and wanted to get rid of it
    Yup, he did, if I remember rightly, very nearly get his way, that got into the media and the public was pretty pi$$ed off about it, and eventually they got the show back, but by then the damage was done, and the ratings dropped, 3 years later, the 7th Doctor ended the show.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yea they ended it just as it was on a turnaround
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
        When you say he can't get more regeneraions becasue Galifrey is lost, Can't the Doctor just Travel back in the TARDIS before it was lost, then "request" more regenerations? Or when you say "Lost" you mean "unable toever get there, ever." kind of thing? I'm confused.
        No he cant just travel back in time, as we found with the gelf ep in the first "21st century series" when rose says in 1860, I can't die, I haven't been born yet, tell me I cant die, then the doctor yes in a roundabout way she could because time isn't linear, things that happened in the past can stop things happening in the future, in other words times all warped and twisted.
        I never saw the earlier series, because I was only a little boy when they cancelled the show, but from what I can gather, gallifrey was destroyed in the last great time war, which left "the coward" on his own.
        On the note about the actors
        Tennant is already up there in the top 3, equalling eccelston so far.
        It's his crazy approach to everything, madder than chris's doctor was, classic chris quotes, every planet has a north and hmmmm bananas i like bananas.
        While david already has, hmmmm tea is all i needed, no 2nd chances im that kinda guy and watch out for the disinfectant.

Comment

Not to mention "Thats textbook enigmatic that" and "You should know, Im being very, very calm right now"
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

The time war, was most likly during the 8th incarnation of the doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
              The time war, was most likly during the 8th incarnation of the doctor.
              According to RTD...

Spoiler:
              The Eighth Doctor died directly as a result of the Time War. The Ninth Doctor was witnessed standing in the Eighth Doctors clothes, muttering about being the last of his kind. This was on one of the fake websites RTD had setup.

Comment

I still wonder if he is the last of his kind

Comment

I heard that Romana was President of the High Council when Galifrey was destroyed and she ordered it, it would make sense that she ordered the Doctor to do it

Comment

Actually, IIRC, according to the novels, the 8th Doctor caused Gallifreys destruction once before, not in the Time War, I think that might be what you are reffering to Reefgirl, but it must have been restored (as was the previously destroyed Skaro) before the war.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Actually, IIRC, according to the novels, the 8th Doctor caused Gallifreys destruction once before, not in the Time War, I think that might be what you are reffering to Reefgirl, but it must have been restored (as was the previously destroyed Skaro) before the war.
                      I'm only passing on what I hear from other sites

Comment

Again are the books Cannon

Comment

No, absolutely not. But they are the only thing we have to go on at the moment, so for the purpose of coversation Im just going with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                            ok first off i live in america so we are just now discovery doctor who but the thing that confuses me is what do you mea by 9th doctor 10 doctor

do there change the main chacter every season? or something like that
                            who would had thought that one little question would start such a big discussion
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                              who would had thought that one little question would start such a big discussion
                              That the way the cookie crumbles here

Comment

You are all rumour mongers. I like it.

I had never heard that thing about Peter wanting to return but it being too late, aw that is a crying shame. The rest, well a grain of salt maybe but probably true given TV lands reputation.

Comment

Working...
                                X