This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood Site is now LIVE! http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
      Torchwood Site is now LIVE! http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/
      I have noticed they have restricted the content to the UK only. I know there are stupid rights reason but surely in this day and age they could allow the content to be hosted outside the UK so 'others' like me *cries* can see it.

Comment

Is the whole thing blocked from overseas, or can you access the non-flash site? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/index_nonflash.shtml)
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
          Is the whole thing blocked from overseas, or can you access the non-flash site? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/index_nonflash.shtml)
          It is the videos that are blocked, which I guess with You Tube it doesn't matter so much *yet* but still I want to see them! When you guys do. I had this licencing problem with some of my UK radio stations I listen to on line, I had to get a "Postcode" thingy. But there isn't any where for the BBC site to enter one. *cries*

This is what I see:

Notice the message in the lower right hand side.

Comment

I guess it's the same as not being able to access the online Stargate episodes from the UK. Currently you're not missing a lot; just the first trailer and an interview with RTD explaining how Torchwood is darker and more adult, touching on all the issues Doctor Who can't because of its target audience and time slot.

Actually, what he seems to have in mind is for Torchwood to be the Hyde to Doctor Who's Jekyl; the unbridled id of the Whoniverse, hence the anger, sex and neurosis.

I really hope they make it clear in promoting the show that young Doctor Who fans shouldn't be watching it. I love talking Who with my geekier pupils, but I don't think I'll want them to tell me that they watched Torchwood.

Comment

I guess it's the same as not being able to access the online Stargate episodes from the UK.
              I beg to differ on it being the same, I mean that is a whole episode, not these teasers, and interviews and they will no doubt not be available to Australians anyway should Torchwood be shown here, I live in hope that Torchwood will be shown here at all, these are more about promoting the show, I could even access the SciFi exclusive footage of SGA *as long as someone posted the codes*. I mean they are ads/trailers!

What next? The Doctor Who site I suppose. No more commentaries. *cries*

Comment

Nice four-page spread on Torchwood in the RT today. They have the Doctor's hand, as cut off in Christmas Invasion, in a jar . One of my former schoolfriends is in it (in the show, not the jar; she plays Torchwood's second in command .)

We were in an area drama competition once. I came second, she won. And now she works with John Barrowman. Jammy cow .

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  I beg to differ on it being the same, I mean that is a whole episode, not these teasers, and interviews and they will no doubt not be available to Australians anyway should Torchwood be shown here, I live in hope that Torchwood will be shown here at all, these are more about promoting the show, I could even access the SciFi exclusive footage of SGA *as long as someone posted the codes*. I mean they are ads/trailers!

What next? The Doctor Who site I suppose. No more commentaries. *cries*
                  So you can get the bits and bobs off the Doctor Who site? Well, that's weird.I mean, I presume that the 'rights issues' are not disimilar to the C&Ds they hand out to fan sites: they ignore them if they can, but have to be seen to act if someone reports the site in order to protect their IPR. I wonder if IPR is more fragile on digital TV or something?

Comment

So you can get the bits and bobs off the Doctor Who site? Well, that's weird.I mean, I presume that the 'rights issues' are not disimilar to the C&Ds they hand out to fan sites: they ignore them if they can, but have to be seen to act if someone reports the site in order to protect their IPR. I wonder if IPR is more fragile on digital TV or something?
                    Well I haven't gone back recently to the Doctor Who site to try, but anyway a friend of a friend of a friend has given me the link to access the Torchwood site in full now...

Comment

The current issue of the Radio Times (21st - 27th October) has a photo spread of the Torchwood HQ set. Next week's issue (28th October - 3rd November) will have a photo spread of Captain Jack's office at Torchwood.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Today's "Times" has a two-page article by Russell T Davies in the Entertainment supplement.

Madeleine

Comment

Don't know if this was posted in the WHO threads yet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6069574.stm

Talking Shop: Torchwood's John Barrowman
                          John Barrowman stars as bisexual time-traveller Captain Jack Harkness in the Doctor Who spin-off series, Torchwood. The 39-year-old actor has starred in several Broadway and West End musicals, and was recently a judge in the reality

full article at link above

Comment

A little bit of news...

The season 27/series 1 DVD boxset of Doctor Who has been re-released as a thin pack region 2 version
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-C...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                              A little bit of news...

The season 27/series 1 DVD boxset of Doctor Who has been re-released as a thin pack region 2 version
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-C...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
                              Do we have actual confirmation that it's different?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                Do we have actual confirmation that it's different?
                                Ive just sent an email to the BBC/Doctor Who website asking that very same question. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow sometime.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X