This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
    Perhaps not episode 13 since if the show started late september ep 13 would like be in January.
    Actually, if they aired it on the last Saturday of September (the 30th) (Im guessing it will be Saturdays that it airs on) the final episode will air on December 23rd, right in time for The Runaway Bride on the Monday.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Doh.
      My Bad
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Mind you, I suppose we're crediting the BBC with too much intellegence.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I am too lazy to go and look is there a BBC site yet for Torchwood or are they just using The Doctor Who one? I did say I was lazy.

Also on the eps maybe they split the season, a few episodes before Christmas and a few after. I guess it depends when Doctor Who starts proper again. Is that March? Also if
          Spoiler:
          Capt Jack Harkness makes an appearance in Doctor Who X-Mas special (thinking not) and the context of his appearance *apparently* in season 3/29, yes it depends on a lot of things.

Comment

I believe that this is the beebs site. It's been like this for ages, but I keep checking every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
              I believe that this is the beebs site. It's been like this for ages, but I keep checking every now and then.
              Thanks. Not much of a site, I thought they would be at least trying to generate some excitement.

Comment

^ I know.

Came across this place the other day, they've got the recently released publicity pics in a decent size. It's a new fan site, but looks like it could be a good 'un.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                  ^ I know.

Came across this place the other day, they've got the recently released publicity pics in a decent size. It's a new fan site, but looks like it could be a good 'un.
                  OMG! I am not going to survive this show he is too good looking, I will be a puddle of goo on the floor after each ep. Lol! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting... Jack appears to be wearing his RAF greatcoat in one of those pics. It's not too clear, but it looks like four stripes on the epaulettes, that makes him a Group Captain.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Season 2 Volume 5 DVD cover-art is now online

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                        Will Doctor Who series 28 air in the US?
                        If so, anyone know when?
                        It says here on Outpost Gallifrey....

Series Two of the new Doctor Who series starring David Tennant and Billie Piper will, by all indication, see its US debut on September 29 on the Sci Fi Channel, along with Series One repeats earlier in the day. The news hasn't officially been confirmed by the channel; however, an NBC/Universal release (in PDF form) for Sci Fi shows that Doctor Who returns to the schedule on the evening starting at 9pm four episodes, the first two of which are marked "new" (and "repeat" at 11pm and 12am, the usual pattern for a premiere night). Outpost Gallifrey was, in fact, told that the series was "almost certain" to return "this October" recently, although no information was forthcoming until this release. Sci Fi's schedulebot does show four episodes broadcast that evening; in late September, there is almost no likelihood of a Friday night airing of reruns.

Will "The Christmas Invasion" be included? Says Benjamin Elliott of "This Week in Doctor Who," "The Christmas Invasion is 59 minutes long without commercials, so it would either have to be a) skipped and shown later or b) have 15 1/2 minutes chopped out of it to fit SciFi's schedule as currently displayed. It does have an extended trailer for Series 2 that could be cut and the credits will always get squeezed, but that still leaves 13 minutes unaccounted for. SciFi has always felt willing to change their schedule at a moment's notice, so things can always change. They could air Christmas Invasion complete and have filler to finish the 2 hours. But for now, we must assume one of the following 2 scenarios: 9pm Christmas Invasion and 10pm New Earth, or 9pm New Earth and 10pm Tooth and Claw. The Christmas Invasion isn't required to enjoy Series 2, but some references (notably at the end of the series) make more sense if you see it, and as David Tennant's debut story it helps establish the kind of Doctor he is." Also noted is the fact that the Daytime marathon on September 29 on the Sci Fi Channel is the last 8 episodes of Series 1, which makes sense to lead into the new episodes.

We'll bring you official word from Sci Fi as soon as it's official, but this matches everything we've been told about Sci Fi's positive reaction to the first series ratings in the spring and the desire to bring the show back with new episodes by the end of 2006.

Update 6 August: Outpost Gallifrey has heard from our contacts that this is indeed Series Two and that it debuts with the two-hour block on 29 September because the third season of "Battlestar Galactica" debuts the following week with a two-hour episode block. Doctor Who and Galactica will air at 9pm and 10pm, respectively, with another series airing at 8pm throughout October and November, with a short break for the Christmas holidays. Our source also believes that "The Christmas Invasion" is being held back in this first block, and will instead be aired as a special in December. More details soon.
                        So yep. America is having Season 28. Finally.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

They've updated the site, and The Doctor is wearing something new http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Thanks Ptah. I've been slack lately on checking for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              They've updated the site, and The Doctor is wearing something new http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
                              Hmm, is it new??? It seems very blue but then lighting is everything. It still seems to have the same stripes and the pocket *yes I do look at him a lot*
                              Spoiler:
                              Returning cast members include John Barrowman who will be making an appearance in the series finale.
                              What does this mean? Series 29? 29!

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                                Spoiler:
                                Something borrowed? Something blue?
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X