Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of the Brits here bought the DW Battles in Time mag....I got it today, must say I think the cards are lush *hugs shiny 10th doctor card*

Edit - omg...i didn't realise that these haven't rolled out countrywide yet. I've just been on ebay and my doctor card is going for ?3.70...I only paid ?1.50 for the mag. *is tempted to go and get a few more*
    Last edited by Egeria; 28 April 2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
      Decided to let the thread I created for the commentaries, die, and post the links in here

Right click and then save as...

Tooth And Claw - By David Tennant, Simone Winstone and Derek Riddell.

New Earth - By David Tennant, Russell T Davies, and Phil Collinson.

Christmas Invasion - By Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson.
      School Renion - By Helen Raynor, Eugene Washington and Phil Collinson.

No David Tennant this week

And I have asked for the thread to appear in the "Ask The Mods" thread

Comment

New Tardisode is online, as is a new spin off site http://www.deffryvaleschool.org.uk/
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

There is an news article in todays Sun newspaper about the Cybermen episode including photos. I will scan them in tomorrow if no-one else has done so.

Also in The Mirror newspaper - a news article states that the actor who plays Mickey is leaving the show.

Comment

Although it was updated yesterday...
            The BBC Doctor Who homepage has been updated for the latest episode....

Comment

I apologise in advance because this isn't directly relevant to DW, but it's about Christopher Eccleston. The media here are reporting him as being in discussions with SkyOne for the role of Number 6 in their planned re-make of 'The Prisoner'. I so hope he goes with this.

Read more:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...164214,00.html
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4972194.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                I apologise in advance because this isn't directly relevant to DW, but it's about Christopher Eccleston. The media here are reporting him as being in discussions with SkyOne for the role of Number 6 in their planned re-make of 'The Prisoner'. I so hope he goes with this.

Read more:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...164214,00.html
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4972194.stm
                Hmmm... Nah, don't think it'll work. The Prisoner was very much of its time, a remake's been talked about for at least ten years and nothing's happened.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Nope, the prisoner should stay in the past, it was fanastic at the time, but I dont think it would transfer to modern tv.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

If they're going to remake it they should at least set it in Portmerion.

Comment

Billie Piper wins BAFTA for Dr Who.

Billie

Comment

She 100% deserves it!

Comment

Yay morea awards for Doctor Who !!!!!!!!
                          makes you wonder how many awards series 2 will get.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Latest episode guide is up for this weeks episode...some lovely pictures (squees with excitement).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/2006/

*edit* Homepage is updated now as well.
                            Last edited by Egeria; 10 May 2006, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                              Latest episode guide is up for this weeks episode...some lovely pictures (squees with excitement).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/2006/

*edit* Homepage is update now as well.
                              Thanks for the heads up Egeria , I was about to come in and post that the site had been updated

The homepage for this episode is amazing!!! HERE

Commentaries Update

Right click and then save as...

The Girl In The Fireplace - By Noel Clarke and Steven Moffat.

School Renion - By Helen Raynor, Eugene Washington and Phil Collinson.

Tooth And Claw - By David Tennant, Simone Winstone and Derek Riddell.

New Earth - By David Tennant, Russell T Davies, and Phil Collinson.

Christmas Invasion - By Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson.

EDIT: Just watched the Tardisode...we are in for a amazing episode I think....
                              Last edited by Stricken; 10 May 2006, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Just a heads-up for the Brits here. On Saturday BBC 4 are showing a documentary at 8.15pm (conveniently just after DW Confidential). The programme is called 'Machine Men' and focuses on robotics in reality and sci-fi (including DW's Cybermen). Looks good, Radio Times has picked it as one of their 'Choices' for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X