Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Producer Beryl Vertue (the Moff's Mother-in-law) will be the guest on Desert Island Discs this Sunday from 1115hrs to 1200hrs UK time on BBC Radio 4.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/david-morri...turn-44540.htm
      Morrisey wouldn't mind a doctor who return

Comment

An Adventure in Space and Time: producer revealed
        Saturday, 19 January, 2013 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The producer for Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary celebratory drama An Adventure in Space and Time has been revealed to be Matt Strevens. Initially a script editor for Eastenders and The Bill, he then became producer for the latter show until 2009, before turning his hand to the shows Raw, Skins and most recently producer of the science fiction comedy drama Misfits.

Speaking on Twitter, he also confirmed that the production, written by Mark Gatiss and based at the Wimbledon Studios in London, is expected to commence from the beginning of February.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01...113175008.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Happy Birthday, Tom Baker!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/happy-birth...aker-44610.htm

Tom Baker was born 20th January 1934 and today celebrates his 79th birthday.

Of course, we all know Tom best for his portrayal as the legendary fourth Doctor. A role he remained in for seven years between 1974–1981, making him the longest serving Doctor ever and the one most fondly remembered of the classic era.

Will he return to the show later this year for Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary? Only time will tell…

In the meantime, happy birthday Tom! Have a jelly baby on us.

Comment

Tom shares his birthday with Apollo 11 astronaut, Buzz Aldrin who is 83 today.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The Doctor: (Just after regeneration he sits up) I tell you, Brigadier, there's nothing to worry about! The brontosaurus is large and placid! (falls back).

Harry Sullivan: (to the Brigadier) This the patient, sir?

The Doctor: And stupid! (Sits up) If the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the square on the other two sides, why is a mouse when it spins? Never did know the answer to that one. (falls back)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
              TOM BAKER!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Mad as a box of frogs, an' God bless 'im.
                sigpic

Comment

WARNING!!!! TAKE THIS WITH A MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT -

Eleven Time Lords to feature in 50th anniversary Doctor Who episode
                  20 Jan 2013 00:00

Doctor Who is set to celebrate the sci-fi show’s 50th anniversary with a one-off adventure featuring all ELEVEN actors to have played the Time Lord since his arrival in 1963.

Show boss Steven Moffat is close to completing a script which will see the current Doctor, Matt Smith, needing the assistance of ALL his police box predecessors – even if three of them have died.

The half-century special, to be broadcast in November, will use studio trickery to resurrect the first three DoctorsWilliam Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee – in brief flashback scenes.

Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann have all signed up to record an anniversary audio adventure, and are keen to appear in the historic TV show, too.

Christopher Eccleston is said to be reconsidering an earlier decision not to take part, and David Tennant – a friend of Moffat – has hinted that he has been invited to reprise his role.

The final key to the special was Eccleston, who had previously said that he had no plans to return to the role but recently conceded he believed he “still had more to do with the character”. But companions such as Birmingham’s Arthur Darvill (Rory), Karen Gillan (Amy Pond), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) and Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) have all indicated that they are not involved.

There may, however, be a role for Alex Kingston, who plays the Doctor’s wife and who may be responsible for bringing all the previous incarnations together – against the Time Lord’s wishes.

Both Matt Smith and David Tennant are tight-lipped about the adventure.

“We’re as much in the dark as the majority of other people,” says Smith. “I haven’t seen the script so I have no idea what is happening. One thing’s for sure, we’ll make it the biggest in the show’s history.”

Tennant, interviewed on a radio show, claimed that he had yet to be invited – but gave the presenter a knowing wink.

It will not be the first time that previous Doctors have been gathered together. The 10th anniversary in 1973 was celebrated by The Three Doctors, starring Pertwee and Troughton, with film of Hartnell on a computer screen.

The 20th anniversary was marked by The Five Doctors, with Davison, Troughton and Pertwee joined by Hartnell lookalike Richard Hurndall, with film footage of Tom Baker, who had declined to take part.

The 30th anniversary – after the series had been axed – was celebrated with a bizarre charity crossover, which found McCoy, Pertwee, Tom Baker, Davison and Colin Baker in an episode of EastEnders.

The show was not on air when the 40th anniversary rolled round but an audiotape adventure starred McGann, Colin Baker, McCoy and Davison with additional archive recordings of Pertwee.

Fiftieth anniversary writer Moffatt says: “You can’t please everybody but you don’t want anybody to feel let down by a big anniversary episode.”

The 50th birthday will also be marked by a drama documentary about the character and the early years of the show.”

The Surgery

1. William Hartnell (1963-1966, 1973)

2. Patrick Troughton (1966-1969, 1973, 1983, 1985)

3. Jon Pertwee (1970-1974, 1983)

4. Tom Baker (1974-1981, 1983)

5. Peter Davison (1981-1984, 2007)

6. Colin Baker (1984-1986)

7. Sylvester McCoy (1987-1996)

8. Paul McGann (1996-2005)

9. Christopher Eccleston (2005)

10. David Tennant (2005-2010)

11. Matt Smith (2010-present)

Link to original article here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/what...n-50th-1228442

Comment

Digesting this with massive doses of salt as recommended. But I do hope it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Digesting this with massive doses of salt as recommended. But I do hope it is true.
                      As a wise, 953-year old once said: "Time will tell. It always does."

Comment

Hmmm... And if they think we're gonna believe that, then there's a bridge in London I'd like to sell them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Hmmm... And if they think we're gonna believe that, then there's a bridge in London I'd like to sell them.
                          Wait just one minute. You mean to say... the Birmingham Mail isn't the gold standard of investigative journalism known for shocking exposes on matters of national and international importance and interest and the go-to paper for breaking major developments in the world of entertainment?

I am shocked and disheartened by your lack of faith.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The First Doctor on BBC America
                            Tuesday, 22 January, 2013 - Posted by Marcus

BBC America is to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who by showing one story from each of the first eleven Doctors.

The channel will screen one story each month, starting with the 1964 story The Aztecs, staring the First Doctor, William Hartnell.

The story features the original TARDIS crew of The Doctor, his granddaughter Susan played by Carole Ann Ford, and two of her teachers Barbara Wright played by Jacqueline Hill, and Ian Chesterton played by William Russell.

The story sees the TARDIS land in 15th-century Mexico, where the crew get caught up in the local politics of blood sacrifice.

Originally shown over four weeks, the complete story will air on BBC America on Sunday, January 27 at 9pm ET.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01...c-america.html

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/2013-50th-a...e-up-44705.htm
                              50th Anniversary lineup details.

Comment

Good God in Govan, but that Union Jack Dalek is hideous!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X