This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D BBC is wasting money!

They could of made the special longer instead.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/xmas-specia...-tbc-45341.htm
      Confirmation of 2013 Christmas Special, but no mention of series 8...

Comment

'Doctor Who' anniversary will be "absolutely enormous", says BBC exec

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...-bbc-exec.html

Doctor Who's 50th anniversary will be an international event, the BBC's Ben Stephenson has said.

Stephenson - the BBC's controller of drama commissioning - told The Hollywood Reporter that the sci-fi drama's anniversary celebrations will "unite all the fans across the world".

"Doctor Who is an international brand, and this year marks its 50th anniversary," he said. "That is a really exciting moment for the BBC at home and abroad.

"We haven't revealed yet what we are doing, but it will be an absolutely enormous, very, very ambitious event."

It was announced last night (February 11) that the Who 50th special will be filmed in 3D, with showrunner Steven Moffat promising "a whole new dimension of adventure for the Doctor to explore".

Rumours continue to circulate that the special episode will see former Doctor Who stars return to the series, though Colin Baker - who played the Sixth Doctor between 1984 and 1986 - denied the latest reports last month.

Doctor Who will return to BBC One with new episodes from March 30.

Comment

A couple of tweets this afternoon from Doctor Who Brand Executive Edward Russell

I urge anyone who has an interest in how 3D drama on BBC can be shot and watched to read this post http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/mr_stink_3d
          He then later tweets, as it isn't clear from the article, that

The point of my tweet was to show that you don't need 3D TV.
          Then later he's tweeted

The BBC hasn't yet announced everything they're doing yet. There is a LOT to come
          and

There are some mind blowing things ahead. I promise.

Comment

A couple more tweets from Edward Russell

You're not having 3D in lieu of more episodes. It doesn't work that way.
            As I've said to you and others, the BBC has far from announced everything that will be on screens this year. Be patient!

Comment

According to an article in the new Radio Times, there are 107 missing episodes.

I thought we were down to 104?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-clips-i...iler-45369.htm
                Some new clips in the BBCA trailer, haven't seen it myself yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  According to an article in the new Radio Times, there are 107 missing episodes.

I thought we were down to 104?
                  I thought we were at 105

Tweet from Gareth Roberts

I've just done my tiny bit for the Dr Who 50th anniversary!
                  He's not giving away any more than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    I thought we were at 105
                    Wikipedia says 106.

I'm confused...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on the Ice Warriors coming back?

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/macrae-on-f...sode-45392.htm
                        MacRae on his future Who episode

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          What are peoples thoughts on the Ice Warriors coming back?
                          If they're done well (and there's no reason that they won't be), I'm all for it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Once again this news is from The Mirror, so might not necessarily be true. Take all of it or part of it with the usual hefty pinch of salt.

Who’s who of Doctor Who: BBC to reunite ALL former Time Lords for 50th anniversary special

Seven of the surviving actors are set to return in cameo roles on the 3D episode to mark the 50th anniversary of the sci-fi favourite

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...pecial-1710900

BBC bosses are going to attempt to regenerate ALL the former Time Lords, reuniting them in a Doctor Who special.

Seven of the surviving actors are set to return in cameo roles on the 3D episode to mark the 50th anniversary of the sci-fi favourite.

And chiefs also want to involve the first three Doctors – William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee – who have died since the first episode screened back in 1963.

They would be included in the feature-length special using computer generated images and old footage.

Doctors of old - Tom Baker, 79, Peter Davison, 61, Colin Baker, 69, Sylvester McCoy, 69, Paul McGann, 53, Christopher Eccleston, 48, and David Tennant. 41, are thought to have agreed to take part alongside current star Matt Smith, 30.

This week writer and producer Steven Moffat – who is notoriously secretive – admitted: “Getting the other Doctors involved would be very fitting for the anniversary episode, wouldn’t it?”

He is still writing the special, which is due to be filmed this spring.

The plot is a fiercely-guarded secret, but Moffat said the fact the original show was delayed by more than a minute by an extended news bulletin would be referenced. The first episode with Hartnell as The Doctor was broadcast on November 23 – the day after President Kennedy was shot.

The special episode is likely to provide the exit point for Smith, who is expected to regenerate into the 12th Time Lord.

Smith, set to star in movie How to Catch a Monster, admitted he would love to work with his predecessors. “How amazing would it be to see Tom Baker? Can you imagine seeing him back in the scarf? That would be so cool,” he said.

“Paul McGann is a great Doctor – I say bring back Chris and Dave too.”

If bosses manage to pull off the coup, it will be the biggest gathering of Doctors since 1983, when five were reunited for the 20th anniversary.

Thank goodness there’s plenty of room in the Tardis for all of them...

Comment

And since when has the 50th anniversary special been "feature length"?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                And since when has the 50th anniversary special been "feature length"?
                                Exactly. And the BBC have already denied that Matt is leaving. So it seems more than likely that The Mirror is simply making things up (again).

Comment

Working...
                                X