X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Her's another one

That is actually from an interview they did in 2010 but I'm glad to see it uploaded to YT. Thanks for the find.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/a-pond-farewell-29143.htm
      An article looking at the Ponds and speculating to the future.

Comment

Lol, just found this online, knew R2D2 was a force to be reckoned with...

Comment

In an interview last month RTD said he was doing something for CBBC. Now we know what he's been up to. Sadly it's not another kiddies Doctor Who spin off but I guess children are going to love it anyway.

Doctor Who's Russell T Davies creates new CBBC TV series Aliens Vs Wizards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16677583

Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies is returning to children's TV with an action adventure drama for the BBC.

Aliens Vs Wizards will be filmed for CBBC at the new BBC Wales drama studios in Cardiff Bay.

The Swansea-born dramatist said: "Writing for children is the biggest challenge of all."

It will be the first new series from Davies since he returned to the UK from Hollywood last year after his partner was diagnosed with brain cancer.

The new series has been created with Phil Ford, who worked with Davies on Doctor Who and children's spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Aliens Vs Wizards tells the story of two 16-year-old boys - a secret wizard and his scientist friend - who challenge the attempts of aliens to destroy the earth.

"Writing for children is the biggest challenge of all and I think CBBC stands right at the heart of broadcasting," said Davies. "So I'm delighted to launch this show, a true nationwide collaboration - a Salford commission from a BBC Wales team.

"We're joining genres too - the show's a wild, funny, thrilling and sometimes scary collision of magic and science fiction."

Faith Penhale, head of drama at BBC Cymru Wales, said: "We're so excited to be working with Russell again on this ground-breaking and hugely ambitious drama for CBBC."

Davies began his career in children's TV, writing and producing dramas such as Dark Season for BBC One and Children's Ward for ITV, before moving onto a series of adult award-winning dramas including Queer as Folk and Casanova.

Davies created Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, which starred the late Elisabeth Sladen In 2005 he brought Doctor Who back to the BBC after a 16-year hiatus and, as executive producer, oversaw the production of spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

The success of those series prompted Davies to move to Hollywood in 2009 to develop new projects.

But he returned to the UK in 2011 saying he was putting his career on hold after his partner Andrew Smith was diagnosed with brain cancer.

Aliens Vs Wizards will be a series of 12 half-hour programmes produced by BBC Wales in association with FremantleMedia Enterprises for broadcast on CBBC in autumn 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            In an interview last month RTD said he was doing something for CBBC. Now we know what he's been up to. Sadly it's not another kiddies Doctor Who spin off but I guess children are going to love it anyway.

Doctor Who's Russell T Davies creates new CBBC TV series Aliens Vs Wizards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16677583
            Thanks for that, Blen.

I don't think this is going to be a show I'm going to be watching. Apart from the writers and behind-the-scenes staff being used from The Sarah Jane Adventures it has no connection to the Whoniverse. When The Sarah Jane Adventures finished last year so did my viewership of CBBC.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Same here, I won't be watching it either.

I'm a little disappointed that it isn't going to be another Doctor Who spin off, but I'm glad this at least is going to be a bit science fictiony. It could have been worse - another Tracey Beaker show for example!

Comment

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - Trailer
                Monday, January 23rd 2012 - Posted by Alan

Found this on YouTube:

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

Found this on YouTube:
                  Doctor Who, and sidescroller, don't mix.
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Found this on YouTube:
                    Looks pretty good, not sure whether Ill get it though.
                    Need to see more gameplay first.

Comment

Last chance to vote for Doctor Who in the NTAs!

Also,
                      http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/best-of-201...ners-30299.htm
                      Recent poll by Doctor Who TV results.

Comment

Doctor Who Win 5 At The Virgin Media TV Awards
                        Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - Posted by Harry Ward

Doctor Who won in 5 categories at this year's Virgin Media TV Awards. The show itself won "TV Show of the Year" with 43.63% of the vote, beating off competition from Merlin. Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) won "TV Character of the Year" and the Doctor getting shot at Lake Silencio in The Impossible Astronaut won the "Most Explosive TV Moment of the Year". Karen Gillan won two awards; one for her acting talents ("Best Actress") and one for her good looks ("Hottest Female").

Doctor Who will be hoping for the same success tonight at The National TV Awards; which will be broadcast live on ITV1 from 7:30pm.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/01...-win-5-at.html

Comment

Well done Doctor Who!

Is it the NTV Awards tonight?! Good job you said, I might have missed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Well done Doctor Who!

Is it the NTV Awards tonight?! Good job you said, I might have missed it!
                            I plan to miss it for the following reasons: 1) I hate ITV and 2) Whether it was on a BBC channel or not I'd be nervous as hell waiting for the results.

I'm going to wait until after the ceremony is done and dusted and just get the list of the winners either on Gallifrey Base or BBC News.

Comment

I plan to miss it for the following reasons: 1) I hate ITV and 2) Whether it was on a BBC channel or not I'd be nervous as hell waiting for the results.

I'm going to wait until after the ceremony is done and dusted and just get the list of the winners either on Gallifrey Base or BBC News.
                              Im recording it so I can skim through the adverts and boring awards, only recording so I can see the Doctor Who nominations and hopefully wins.
                              Will also be watching on and off on the odd chance I see those categories live.
                              Also hoping for a Doctor Who based beginning again.

Comment

I hate it & yet I feel compelled to watch as well. I can't stand Dermot O'whatsit & the incredibly boring soap awards. I usually find something else to do (play on the computer!) & watch the more interesting bits.

Comment

Working...
                                X