• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Dont mind either way
    Great minds think alike, brother Teddy.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      I've got the Blu ray set & didn't know about it. Thanks for letting me know.

I haven't watched them all yet. I haven't noticed any problems with the ones I have watched but I think I'll have a quick look at the rest.

Edit - Mine are faulty. I've just put on LKH & there is a definite line about 2/3 of the way down the screen below which the picture is grainy. I am NOT happy.
      Forgive my "lateness" as I haven't been able to get onto GateWorld through IE9 for a few days. It stopped working on Firefox fully months ago, and I did moan at the moderators telling them to fix the forum. They did not. Anyway...

My replacements arrived!!!

They came in strange looking cases, but the cases are very cold, so that means they are fresh!

Pictures (so you know that I am not lying about my replacement discs that arrived, incase anyone thought I was)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And no, I do not know who Harry H on the return address is, or way the return address is different to the Freepost address that is on page 6 of this thread. But my replacement discs were inside, and that is all I care about.

And yes, I did put the right address for me on the bit of paper in side my envelope. Who ever this Harry H is, I don't think he had great eyesight.

Just watched "Space" and "Time" on disc 1. So far so good.
      Last edited by Billz; 05 February 2012, 06:12 AM.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
        It stopped working on Firefox fully months ago
        Technically off-topic but it's been working fine on FF here since I joined the forum (however many months ago)

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/thompson-returning-30553.htm
          Steve Thompson could be writing for Who again.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            Technically off-topic but it's been working fine on FF here since I joined the forum (however many months ago)
            Well, if you can explain why it doesn't work for me in Firefox (I'm running 9.01), then please, do so as I would've love to get it working again.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
              Well, if you can explain why it doesn't work for me in Firefox (I'm running 9.01), then please, do so as I would've love to get it working again.
              On 9.0.1 here (on a Mac). The thing with FF is that there are dozens of settings and then all the possible extensions which might be interfering. A technical suggestion would be to reset the installation to "factory" and try that... then add in the add-ons one by one till GW breaks.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffats-ser...ease-30639.htm
                Moffats teasing us again...

Also, nice remix of the Doctor Who theme.

Last edited by Teddybrown; 06 February 2012, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffats-ser...ease-30639.htm
                  Moffats teasing us again...

Also, nice remix of the Doctor Who theme.

With filming due to begin soon, I can see a press announcement for the new companion happening very soon. I can't wait to see who'll be joining the Doctor in his travels.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Watson named top Time Lord sidekick

(UKPA) – 11 hours ago

Emma Watson has come top of a poll to find the perfect new assistant for Doctor Who.

Producers have been hunting for a sidekick for the Time Lord since Scottish actress Karen Gillan, who played Amy Pond, announced she was leaving the BBC show.

In a survey for entertainment and games website IGN.com, more than a quarter of the 5000 people questioned picked former Harry Potter star Emma as the ideal new co-star for leading man Matt Smith.

New Girl star Zooey Deschanel came second in the poll, with former Brookside star Anna Friel in third place. Mama Do singer Pixie Lott and Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke finished in fourth and fifth place.

Meanwhile, the highest ranked male was Attack The Block's John Boyega.

Chris Tilly, entertainment editor at IGN.com, said: "Emma is the overwhelming favourite with viewers - as Hermione Granger she empowered super-smart girls all over the world and she also showed impressive action credentials in the later Harry Potter movies.

"Fans really want to see her make the switch from magic to time travel. With Karen Gillan leaving, this will be one of the most hotly-contested roles in TV."

Link to original article here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1328538894652A

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

(UKPA) – 11 hours ago

Emma Watson has come top of a poll to find the perfect new assistant for Doctor Who.

Producers have been hunting for a sidekick for the Time Lord since Scottish actress Karen Gillan, who played Amy Pond, announced she was leaving the BBC show.

In a survey for entertainment and games website IGN.com, more than a quarter of the 5000 people questioned picked former Harry Potter star Emma as the ideal new co-star for leading man Matt Smith.

New Girl star Zooey Deschanel came second in the poll, with former Brookside star Anna Friel in third place. Mama Do singer Pixie Lott and Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke finished in fourth and fifth place.

Chris Tilly, entertainment editor at IGN.com, said: "Emma is the overwhelming favourite with viewers - as Hermione Granger she empowered super-smart girls all over the world and she also showed impressive action credentials in the later Harry Potter movies.

"Fans really want to see her make the switch from magic to time travel. With Karen Gillan leaving, this will be one of the most hotly-contested roles in TV."

Link to original article here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1328538894652A
                      Bugger that. Emma Watson is hot, but how about a bloke this time around!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

(UKPA) – 11 hours ago

Beat me to posting this.
                        What threw me was Pixie Lott being 3rd, shes not even an actor?
                        Not sure how I feel about Emma Watson being a companion.

Comment

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/howaboutnobear.jpg[/URL]
                            How about we all not be jumping to conclusions, yeah?

Comment

A fan poll of 'which famous female would you like to see in the TARDIS' is hardly an official statement.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

A fan poll of 'which famous female would you like to see in the TARDIS' is hardly an official statement.
                                My thoughts exactly. In the grand scheme of things it carries very little weight. Unless it comes from the BBC, it ain't real or official.

Comment

Working...
                                X