• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    John Noakes?
    Or indeed Peter Purves?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Or indeed Peter Purves?
      Well if Peter Purves was the actor in question you'd expect him to play Steven Taylor again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Well if Peter Purves was the actor in question you'd expect him to play Steven Taylor again.
        Yes. And?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Y'know what? I can't be bothered staying up til midnight.

I'm an old man, I needs my sleep, and I hear my bed singing to me.
          sigpic

Comment

And the person is

Spoiler:
            Richard E Grant

Comment

Doctor Who Official @bbcdoctorwho

We’re delighted to confirm the brilliant Richard E Grant is appearing in the new series of #DoctorWho. More news later@ http://bbc.in/G19iB

00:02 AM - 6th Aug 12 via web · details

EDIT: Well done, Blen.
              Last edited by Alan; 05 August 2012, 03:09 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                And the person is

Spoiler:
                Richard E Grant
                Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Doctor Who Official @bbcdoctorwho

We’re delighted to confirm the brilliant Richard E Grant is appearing in the new series of #DoctorWho. More news later@ http://bbc.in/G19iB

00:02 AM - 6th Aug 12 via web · details

EDIT: Well done, Blen.
                Richard E Grant to guest star in Christmas Special
                Monday, August 06, 2012 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Richard E Grant is to be a guest star in the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas Special, the BBC announced this evening via Twitter.

An actor with a lengthy career in film and television, Grant is best known for the film Withnail and I in which he starred alongside former Doctor Paul McGann. Grant is not a stranger to Doctor Who either, having played the Doctor himself on two occasions: he first appeared as the "Quite Handsome" Tenth Doctor in the Steven Moffat-penned Comic Relief special The Curse of Fatal Death in 1999; the actor then had a brief spell as the official Ninth Doctor for the online adventure Scream of the Shalka by Paul Cornell in 2003 - until the television series was announced with Christopher Eccleston at the helm.

No information has been released as yet about his role in the Christmas Special, which starts filming this week.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/08...-grant-to.html

Comment

I'm totally amazed by the number of people who have no idea who he is.

Comment

Was disappointed, as I've never heard of him - sorry.
                    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                      *Tuts* Children...
                      sigpic

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/tennant-on-...pics-36171.htm
                        Tennant on the 50th Anniversary and the Olympics.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-ne...lues-37159.htm
                          Clues about our newest companion, and some speculation.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/sheppard-un...turn-37224.htm
                          And Sheppard is unsure whether Canton will return, but he will if asked.
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 08 August 2012, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                            *slap*
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/xmas-filmin...ters-37233.htm
                              Christmas filming pictures reveals 3 returning characters...
                              Spoiler:
                              Madame Vestra, Jenny and Sontaran Strax

Comment

Mark Gatiss to pen Doctor Who "making of" drama, An Adventure in Space and Time

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...space-and-time

Forget the Genesis of the Daleks, this is the genesis of Doctor Who itself. As part of celebrations of the show's 50th anniversary in 2013, Steven Moffat and Who writer Mark Gatiss are set to explore the origins of the series in a 90-minute drama for BBC2 about the key players who brought Doctor Who to TV in 1963.

Gatiss will write the script dramatising the real-life characters who created Doctor Who, with current showrunner Moffat and executive producer Caroline Skinner overseeing the project under the working title An Adventure in Space and Time, the subtitle of the original series.

"This is the story of how an unlikely set of brilliant people created a true television original," said Gatiss. "And how an actor - William Hartnell - stereotyped in hard-man roles became a hero to millions of children.

"I've wanted to tell this story for more years than I can remember! To make it happen for Doctor Who's 50th birthday is quite simply a dream come true."

“The story of Doctor Who is the story of television," added Moffat, "so it’s fitting in the anniversary year that we make our most important journey back in time to see how the Tardis was launched.”

Casting details are yet to be released but it seems likely that those portrayed alongside First Doctor William Hartnell will include BBC producer Verity Lambert, who was instrumental in bringing Doctor Who to the small screen.

Fans might also hope for appearances by Ron Grainer, who composed the iconic theme tune, and Delia Derbyshire, who brought it to life at the BBC’s hallowed Radiophonic Workshop.

The project bears a superficial resemblance to The Road to Coronation Street, the BBC4 drama charting the creation of the ITV soap, which was aired in its 50th year.

Comment

Working...
                                X