http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/christmas-s...pics-28444.htm
    More pictures from the Christmas Special

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      HAPPY
      48TH ANNIVERSARY
      DOCTOR WHO!!!!

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd 2011 - Alan

Yes, it is now Doctor Who's 48th anniversary today!!!! 2-years away from being half a century old!!!! So...how will you celebrate today's date? Whatever you do I hope its fun and honours this legendary show!!!!
      If I weren't at work, I would've been watching my Classics DVDs all day!
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Doctor Who is only 3 years and 363 days older than I am.
        sigpic
        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

and seriously younger than I...
          sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who Series 6 Track Listing

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...ting-27773.htm

Silva Screen have announced the tracklisting for the upcoming Series 6 soundtrack.

As previously reported, it comes on 2-discs. It features 66 tracks in total with music from every episode of Doctor Who’s sixth series.

The full tracklisting follows.

Spoiler:

DISC ONE

The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon

1. I Am The Doctor In Utah

2. 1969

3. The Impossible Astronaut

4. Trust Me

5. Help Is On Its Way

6. Another Perfect Prison

7. Greystark Hall

8. Apollo 11

9. Day Of The Moon

10. I See You Silence

The Curse of the Black Spot

11. You’re A Dead Man

12. Deadly Siren

13. Perfect Reflection

14. All For One

15. The Curse Of The Black Spot

The Doctor’s Wife

16. I’ve Got Mail

17. My TARDIS

18. Run, Sexy

19. Locked On

The Rebel Flesh / The Almost People

20. The Chemical Castle

21. Which One Is The Flesh?

22. Scanning Me

23. Ransacked

24. Always With The Rory

25. Double Doctor

26. Tell Me The Truth

27. Loving Isn’t Knowing (The Almost People Suite)

A Good Man Goes to War

28. River’s Waltz

29. Pop

30. Tell Me Who You Are

31. Melody Pond

DISC TWO

Let’s Kill Hitler

1. Growing Up Fast

2. The Blush Of Love

3. Terror Of The Reich

4. The British Are Coming

5. A Very Unusual Melody

6. When A River Forms

7. Pay Attention Grown Ups

8. The Enigma Of River Song

Night Terrors

9. Bedtime For George

10. Tick Tock Round The Clock

11. A Malevolent Estate

12. Night Terrors

The Girl Who Waited

13. Apalapucia

14. 36 Years

15. Lost In The Wrong Stream

The God Complex

16. The Hotel Prison

17. Room Of Your Dreams

18. Fear Enough

19. What’s Left To Be Scared Of?

20. Rita Praises

Closing Time

21. Stormageddon, Dark Lord Of All

22. Definitely Going

23. Over Your Shoulder

24. Ladieswear

25. Fragrance

26. My Time Is Running Out

The Wedding of River Song

27. Tick Tock (Vocal Track)

28. 5:02 PM

29. The Head Of An Enemy

30. My Silence

31. Brigadier Lethbridge – Stewart

32. Forgiven

33. Time Is Moving

34. The Wedding Of River Song

Day of the Moon

35. The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)

The soundtrack be released on 19 December.

Comment

Oh boy... I can't wait! Been looking forward to the new soundtrack for quite some time now.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Oh boy... I can't wait! Been looking forward to the new soundtrack for quite some time now.
                Me too! But Track 31...that just might finish me off.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  Doctor Who Series 6 Track Listing

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...ting-27773.htm

Silva Screen have announced the tracklisting for the upcoming Series 6 soundtrack.

As previously reported, it comes on 2-discs. It features 66 tracks in total with music from every episode of Doctor Who’s sixth series.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6...a34908fe_o.jpg

The full tracklisting follows.

Spoiler:

DISC ONE

The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon

1. I Am The Doctor In Utah

2. 1969

3. The Impossible Astronaut

4. Trust Me

5. Help Is On Its Way

6. Another Perfect Prison

7. Greystark Hall

8. Apollo 11

9. Day Of The Moon

10. I See You Silence

The Curse of the Black Spot

11. You’re A Dead Man

12. Deadly Siren

13. Perfect Reflection

14. All For One

15. The Curse Of The Black Spot

The Doctor’s Wife

16. I’ve Got Mail

17. My TARDIS

18. Run, Sexy

19. Locked On

The Rebel Flesh / The Almost People

20. The Chemical Castle

21. Which One Is The Flesh?

22. Scanning Me

23. Ransacked

24. Always With The Rory

25. Double Doctor

26. Tell Me The Truth

27. Loving Isn’t Knowing (The Almost People Suite)

A Good Man Goes to War

28. River’s Waltz

29. Pop

30. Tell Me Who You Are

31. Melody Pond

DISC TWO

Let’s Kill Hitler

1. Growing Up Fast

2. The Blush Of Love

3. Terror Of The Reich

4. The British Are Coming

5. A Very Unusual Melody

6. When A River Forms

7. Pay Attention Grown Ups

8. The Enigma Of River Song

Night Terrors

9. Bedtime For George

10. Tick Tock Round The Clock

11. A Malevolent Estate

12. Night Terrors

The Girl Who Waited

13. Apalapucia

14. 36 Years

15. Lost In The Wrong Stream

The God Complex

16. The Hotel Prison

17. Room Of Your Dreams

18. Fear Enough

19. What’s Left To Be Scared Of?

20. Rita Praises

Closing Time

21. Stormageddon, Dark Lord Of All

22. Definitely Going

23. Over Your Shoulder

24. Ladieswear

25. Fragrance

26. My Time Is Running Out

The Wedding of River Song

27. Tick Tock (Vocal Track)

28. 5:02 PM

29. The Head Of An Enemy

30. My Silence

31. Brigadier Lethbridge – Stewart

32. Forgiven

33. Time Is Moving

34. The Wedding Of River Song

Day of the Moon

35. The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)

The soundtrack be released on 19 December.
                  Thanks for posting this! Lots of tracks, which is what I was hoping for.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Yep, same here. For me, listening to the soundtrack has been essential for writing. I'm getting series 6 on DVD in the mail very soon. I just wish the soundtrack release were a bit sooner.

Me too! But Track 31...that just might finish me off.
                  Wow, you thought the exact same thing as I did. I went through the track listing and the first thing I looked for was that cue in "The Wedding of River Song." When the Doctor says "it's time" after finding out about the Brigadier was brilliantly poignant with the music and acting. That moment, going all the way through when Carter says, "we are champions of law and order, just has you've always been"... fantastic material.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    Wow, you thought the exact same thing as I did. I went through the track listing and the first thing I looked for was that cue in "The Wedding of River Song." When the Doctor says "it's time" after finding out about the Brigadier was brilliantly poignant with the music and acting. That moment, going all the way through when Carter says, "we are champions of law and order, just has you've always been"... fantastic material.
                    Very well put. As you say fantastic material and I'd also say that its really very quite moving too. Pulls at the emotions.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Very well put. As you say fantastic material and I'd also say that its really very quite moving too. Pulls at the emotions.
                      Indeed it does. That part is my favorite in "The Wedding of River Song." Every single time I see it, it's still very moving. And when Carter says, "We are champions of law and order" it's very personally stirring for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bonhams Auction Items

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/11...ion-items.html

The next Entertainment Memorabilia auction at Bonhams takes place on the 15th December, and features a range of costumes from the 21st Century series of Doctor Who - including several of the Doctor's outfits. There are also a couple of 'classic' items, with the preliminary artwork for 1964's The Dalek Book and a spaceship prop from Battlefield.

Lot - Description - Estimate (£)

154 - Preliminary artwork for The Dalek Book (1964) - 500-700
                        154a - Spaceship model from Battlefield - 4500-5000
                        155 - Doctor Constantine costume from The Empty Child - 400-500
                        156 - Adherent of the Repeated Meme costume from The End of the World - 250-300
                        157 - Partial Sycorax costume from The Christmas Invasion - 350-400
                        158 - Sisters of Plenitude tunic from New Earth - 200-300
                        159 - Maid's costume from Tooth and Claw - 100-150
                        160 - The Host cloak from Tooth and Claw - 150-200
                        161 - Guardian monk's robes from Tooth and Claw - 200-300
                        162 - Clockwork Droid costume from The Girl in the Fireplace - 300-400
                        163 - Two Roboform costumes (one pos worn by Tennant) from The Runaway Bride - 400-500
                        164 - A Slab guard costume from Smith and Jones - 300-400
                        165 - Lilith's nightdress and slippers from The Shakespeare Code - 150-250
                        166 - William Shakespeare's costume from The Shakespeare Code - 400-500
                        167 - Frank's costume from Daleks in Manhattan - 500-600
                        168 - Tallulah's costume from Daleks in Manhattan - 150-200
                        169 - Laszlo's human and pig slave costumes from Daleks in Manhattan - 300-400
                        170 - Two Pig Slave costumes from Daleks in Manhattan - 250-300
                        171 - Mr Diagoras's costume from Daleks in Manhattan - 200-300
                        172 - Solomon's costume from Daleks in Manhattan - 250-300
                        173 - John Smith's Teacher costume from Human Nature - 1000-1500
                        174 - John Smith's suit from Human Nature - 500-600
                        175 - John Smith's pyjamas from Human Nature - 400-600
                        176 - John Smith's overcoat/hat/scarf from Human Nature - 300-400
                        177 - Martha's maid costume from Human Nature - 300-400
                        178 - Baines's costume from Human Nature - 200-300
                        179 - Lucy/Jenny/Rocastle costumes from Human Nature - 300-400
                        180 - Futurekind Chieftain costume from Utopia - 400-500
                        181 - Lucius Petrus Dextrus's costume from The Fire of Pompeii - 300-400
                        182 - Quintus and Lucius costumes from The Fires of Pompeii - 400-500
                        183 - UNIT Trooper part costume from The Sontaran Strategum - 200-300
                        184 - Rosita's costume from The Next Doctor - 250-350
                        185 - Four Smilers costumes from The Beast Below - 400-500
                        186 - Four Winders part costumes from The Beast Below - 250-350
                        187 - Guido's costume from The Vampires of Venice - 600-700
                        188 - Vincent Van Gogh's costume from Vincent and the Doctor - 350-450
                        189 - Dorium Maldovar's costume from The Pandorica Opens - 250-350
                        190 - Rory's Wedding outfit from The Big Bang - 400-600
                        191 - The Doctor's Wedding Guest outfit from The Big Bang - 1200-1800

Comment

One thing I did not like in the new icarnation of "Doctor Who" is the writers making River say "the Doctor lies"

Did the old series Doctor ever lie on purpose, or be deceitful?

Examples in the old series please of where the Doctor lies on purpose?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Off the top of my head, there was the time that he lied to Ian & Barbara about needing mercury for the TARDIS so that he could explore the Dalek city on Skaro when they wanted to leave.
                            sigpic
                            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              One thing I did not like in the new icarnation of "Doctor Who" is the writers making River say "the Doctor lies"

Did the old series Doctor ever lie on purpose, or be deceitful?

Examples in the old series please of where the Doctor lies on purpose?
                              • The Doctor lied to Susan, Barbara, and Ian so that they'd have no choice but to investigate a massive city on a "dead planet" in order to search for Mercury for a TARDIS component...but the TARDIS component didn't need to be refilled at all.

• The Doctor pretended to work with the War Aliens in their plans and then lied to Jamie and Zoe and their resistance friends and brought them to the aliens' control center where he allowed his friends to be captured but this was only to save them from a Neutron Bomb that the aliens were preparing to drop.

• The Doctor lied to Liz by telling her that he had a certain piece of equipment within the TARDIS that would help them in their investigations of energy spheres that had crashed on Earth but the Brigadier had the key. Liz took the key without the Brigadier's knowledge and then gave it to the Doctor who then promptly tried to leave Earth.

• The Doctor lied to Leela and Time Lords and pretended to work with a species called the Vardans that were attempting to take over Gallifrey.

• The Doctor deceived 1960's Earth military and tricked Davros in to destroying Skaro and his Imperial Dalek mothership.

And there's plenty more examples...but that's pretty good for starters I think.

Comment

BBC develop model Dalek that can be controlled by your television

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8913...elevision.html

Hiding behind the sofa to avoid the Daleks may never work again following a remarkable new piece of BBC technology that brings them into your living room.

The corporation has trialled a system in which models of Doctor Who's arch enemies in front of a TV can mirror the actions of the evil aliens on the screen.

When the Daleks on screen menacingly move towards their target, so does the model in a watching audience, even in a living room.

A prototype of the system, called Universal Control, has been tested by the BBC 'technologist' Andrew Bonney using toy Daleks and an existing Doctor Who episode.

But it could open up a world of possibilities to transfer action from the screen into the living room in a way that 3D cannot hope to match.

It works through TVs or set-top boxes that are internet enabled, sending out Wi-Fi signals to any device in the home that can also connect to the internet.

The successful trial, involving two foot high Daleks, was revealed by BBC research and development bosses in the industry journal Broadcast.

Project director Adrian Woolard said: "It's a playful illustration that shows the possibilities that exist to producers when we start to think about future connectivity in a home environment in which all devices will be IP (internet) connected.

"Effectively this puts another actor in the living room, enabling a production team to write a script and include it as part of the viewer's experience."

In the experiment, Bonney programmed toy Daleks with a code in their remote control system that, when activated, sent them into specific actions.

Then the same data was embedded in a code in a video of a sequence from a Doctor Who episode.

When the sequence began, it sent out the code via Wi-Fi from a set-top box which activated it in the toys so they moved in exactly the same way as the Daleks on TV.

Such codes could be embedded during the production and making of shows, as well as in DVDs of them.

To enable this, the R&D department has developed an iPad App for TV production staff so they input the necessary technical data as a programme is being made.

Comment

Working...
                                X