"the eleventh hour was awesome and who is back
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Matt Smith Talks About Doctor Who (minor spoilers) - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...ut-doctor-who/

Comment

New Doctor Who game set for release
        It's Sonic the Screwdriver
        FED up waiting a week between Doctor Who episodes? Soon you can CONSOLE yourself by zapping Daleks in a new computer game.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games has four exclusive interactive episodes - starring YOU as the Doctor.

You'll get to use the Sonic Screwdriver as you battle aliens - including Cybermen - and you can even have a good snoop around the TARDIS.

In fact some new features of the TARDIS in the TV show originated here - like the stairs, designed to allow certain functions in the game.

The Sun was the first to try it out. We can't give too much away, but we can say one episode is set around London's Trafalgar Square.

New Doctor Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, who plays his sidekick Amy Pond, have voiced their roles in the game - created by top UK games designer Sumo Digital.

The stories are by Phil Ford, who co-wrote last year's Doctor Who special The Waters of Mars, and Torchwood writer James Moran.

Doctor Who exec producer Steven Moffat said: "The game will offer fans a unique opportunity to enter his world, face his challenges and grapple with his deadliest foes."

It's out in June as a free download from www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

Original article found here also includes some images from game: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...r-release.html
        Last edited by Alan; 07 April 2010, 05:18 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Interesting that it's going to be a free episodic download.
          I would've thought, if anything, that it would've been marketed as a full retail game. The graphics in that one screenshot certainly give the impression that it's a full retail game.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            Interesting that it's going to be a free episodic download.
            I would've thought, if anything, that it would've been marketed as a full retail game. The graphics in that one screenshot certainly give the impression that it's a full retail game.
            Well then that's great! If from one screenshot it looks good enough to be a full retail game then that shows a lot of work has gone in to it! Plus, at retail it would probably cost between £30 and £45 a pop but we're getting it for free...GERONIMO!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

So I hope people outside the UK can play it! Or i'll die!

Comment

From the official BBC Doctor Who website -

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games

07th Apr 2010

The Doctor, Amy and some of the show's most iconic monsters will be making the journey from TV to your home computers, as we unveil Doctor Who: The Adventure Games.

These four new adventures will take the form of free downloadable computer games available for PC and Mac, in which players assume control of the Doctor and Amy as they embark on new adventures which complement the new TV series.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games has been produced by a team drawing on the very best talent from TV and gaming. The interactive episodes are executive produced by Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis, along with Anwen Aspden (BBC Wales Interactive) and Charles Cecil - one of videogaming's most revered creators.

The games are being developed by Sumo Digital, one of the UK's best game designers. Stories and scripts are from Phil Ford (co-writer Doctor Who 'The Waters of Mars') and James Moran (Severance, Torchwood Children of Earth). The project has been commissioned for BBC Online by the Vision Multiplatform team, headed up by Simon Nelson, and is being driven by BBC Wales Interactive.

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan have been digitally recreated in-game, and have provided full voice-overs. Music has been provided by TV series' composer Murray Gold. An additional cast will portray original characters and classic enemies.

"Children don't just watch Doctor Who - they join in. They make up games, invent their monsters, create their own stories," says Steven Moffat, Head Writer and Executive Producer, Doctor Who. "Now, there's something else - now they can be the Doctor in brand new episodes. Doctor Who: The Adventure Games will offer fans of the Doctor a unique opportunity to enter his world, face his challenges and grapple with his deadliest foes.

"By developing these games alongside the new TV series, we've been able to weave exciting narrative strands with the very finest game design to create a new kind of Doctor Who, which can be enjoyed by the whole family."

"There aren't 13 episodes of Doctor Who this year," adds Piers Wenger, Head of Drama, BBC Wales and Executive Producer, Doctor Who. "There are 17 - four of which are interactive. Everything you see and experience within the game is part of the Doctor Who universe: we'll be taking you to places you've only ever dreamed about seeing - including locations impossible to create on television."

Simon Nelson, Head of BBC Multiplatform in Vision, continues: "A few years ago we couldn't have dreamt of commissioning such an innovative form of drama. By integrating the creation of these 'interactive episodes' with the development of the TV series, we've been able to create amazing two-hour dramas in which you control the action. We've all imagined what it would be like to come face-to-face with some of the universe's most terrifying monsters - now viewers can find out for themselves.

"Establishing new forms of drama is exactly what the BBC should be doing. By aiming these 'interactive episodes' at the broad audience of TV show - unique in British television, in that it encompasses at least three generations - we're aiming to encourage the family to gather round the PC or Mac in the same way they do the television. Driving computer literacy is a keystone of the BBC's public service remit and we expect Doctor Who: The Adventure Games to be hugely popular in the homes of Britain this year.

"Only the BBC could produce such an innovative slice of new drama. We're offering two-hour original Doctor Who episodes to production standards on a par with the TV series, working with the very best creatives within the UK. We're hugely proud of Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, which will establish new standards in interactive drama and allow families the country over to enjoy Doctor Who stories in unique and innovative ways."

"Doctor Who: The Adventure Games will offer the chance for Doctor Who fans to visit places they've only dreamed off, facing off against monsters they've previously had to imagine," concludes Anwen Aspden, Executive Producer, BBC Wales Online. "Players will visit places which have never been shown on television - and these will go on to define the look and feel of future TV episodes."

The exact titles of the four free episodes are being kept secret for the time being, but the four original stories will take players on a journey throughout time and space, including one location from the Doctor Who series which has never been seen before on screen. Players will encounter new and original monsters, in stories which form part of the overall Doctor Who canon.

The first episode of Doctor Who: The Adventure Games will be available to download for PC and Mac from this very website in June 2010. Its title will be revealed at a special press event on April 21st 2010.

Over the next few months we'll be adding regular updates about the adventure games, so check back soon.

To see the original article and see screengrabs from Doctor Who: The Adventures Game visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...dventure_games

Plus here's some links regarding the development of Doctor Who: The Adventures Game which also features screengrabs -

http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...octor-Who-game

http://www.develop-online.net/featur...ses-talk-games

http://www.develop-online.net/featur...dventure-Games
                Last edited by Alan; 08 April 2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I had a look at the promo images on the Doctor Who website earlier.

They haven't quite pulled off a likeness of Matt Smith.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I still don't see anything stating if its a UK exclusive or not.

Comment

Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) Talks About Doctor Who - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...ut-doctor-who/

Comment

The return of the new-new-who pepper-pots!

Spoilers inside!

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/fe...who-daleks/03/

Comment

the main who forums back
                          hugs and kisses it "
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            the main who forums back
                            hugs and kisses it "
                            Yay! It's fantastic to have the Whoniverse section of GW back up and running again! I knew it couldn't hide behind it's perception filter forever! Never, ever go away from us again! *hugs the Whoniverse*

And some news:

Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant to visit The Sarah Jane Adventures

Monday, April 19, 2010 - Posted by Josiah Rowe

The BBC Press Office has announced that The Sarah Jane Adventures will have two special guests when it returns for a fourth series this autumn. In a special two-part story written by Russell T Davies, Matt Smith will appear as the Doctor, and Katy Manning will guest as the Doctor's former companion Jo Grant. Manning starred in Doctor Who opposite the Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, from 1971 to 1973. Manning has recorded audio adventures for Big Finish Productions, but this will be the first time she has played Jo Grant on television in thirty-seven years.

The press release includes reactions from Elisabeth Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane Smith, Manning, and The Sarah Jane Adventures executive producer Nikki Wilson:
                            Elisabeth Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane Smith comments: "It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us. I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Katy Manning, who recently returned to live in the UK again, adds: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gob-smacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home and this is one of the first things that happens."

Executive producer Nikki Wilson says: "We are absolutely thrilled to be introducing Sarah Jane and the gang to both The Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant, and to have a script penned by Russell T Davies is the icing on the cake!

"Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand-new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet – a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

Original article at Gallifrey Base: http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...-to-visit.html

The BBC's official Press Release: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...ventures.shtml

Comment

Moffat: Doctor Who to get scarier

Doctor Who fans are set to see things get super-scary on the new series, according to the show's writer Steven Moffat.
                              Spoiler:

Grounded in LA because of the volcanic ash, Steven came out to celebrate BritWeek in Hollywood and revealed things are going to get quite creepy from this weekend onwards.

"Episode four has the weeping angels and Alex Kingston returning. I think its one of the scariest ones we've ever done - my little boy says it's the scariest thing he's ever seen in Doctor Who," he said.

He went on: "The first three [episodes] have been moderately scary. We're now going for proper scares in four and five, and in six actually, so some good spine chilling stuff on its way."

But Steven says he's not too worried about the show's younger viewers.

"If you took a vote amongst the playgrounds of Britain they'd all be saying 'make it scary, you're meant to be behind that sofa!'"

According to the writer, the whole cast and crew has been bowled over by viewers' reaction to Matt Smith taking over the lead role.

"I thought it'd take four or five weeks to get to where we got after the first broadcast, but people just seem to have fallen in love with him instantly."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...fk7JllV4gYRPKw

Comment

Doctor Who at the BBC Proms - Episode Two

The 2010 Proms Season feature not one, but two Doctor Who proms, hosted by Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. They feature on Saturday 24 July and Sunday 25 July. They are once again expected to feature music from the series but also pieces by John Adams, Gustav Holst, Karl Orff and Richard Wagner.

Comment

Working...
                                X