Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get a Hell Yeah! The Doctor's in the Atlantis slot for the Stargate Hiatus!
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
      Woo Hoo! Finally! ::runs off to get the sonic screwdriver and scarf out of storage::

Um... hang on a bit. Reading Sciffy's press release, they're putting it on in SGA's slot on Fridays. Where does that leave the Stargates and BSG?
      They are showing it in between the seasons of the other shows
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Sci fi might get them and show them at another time to raise support for the show

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          This makes me happy. I'm glad they aren't putting Who on in place of something.

Comment

Sci fi might get them and show them at another time to raise support for the show
            IMO, that would be a good strategy...after the first season has aired.

Comment

Just saw this over at TotalFark... hooray! I've been looking into watching Doctor Who, because I've heard so many great things about it. Glad to see we'll at least be getting the new series over here in the States!
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                Just saw this over at TotalFark... hooray! I've been looking into watching Doctor Who, because I've heard so many great things about it. Glad to see we'll at least be getting the new series over here in the States!
                Well, I've already seen Season 1 of the new series and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Woo and who! This is cool news, shame about the DVD release being put back but understandable. Wonder if this could open up syndication for the new series, that would be even better.

Comment

That sounds like a good move, but does that mean 8.30 PM at night, is that a little late? I would think 7.30 PM would be better. It is still better than not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      That sounds like a good move, but does that mean 8.30 PM at night, is that a little late? I would think 7.30 PM would be better. It is still better than not at all.
                      actually it will air FRIDAY 9PM. The same slot as SGA. it wont attract millions upon millions of viewers, but will attract a decent niche audience that will boost the profitability of the series.

making it more likely to last longer. the US this time around isnt necessary for success, as the ratings are gigantic in the UK, as well its been sold to about 18 other countries(mine included). But, US market penetration is an excellent boost that will make it a much more healthier series.

Comment

Finally! Really looking forward to it. SciFi does do the right thing. .sometimes.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I hope it is sucessful here, Scifi might ask for more eps in a season

Comment

And about time too!

Can't wait.

Probably still buy the DVDs when released, but I'm really excited.
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy
                              actually it will air FRIDAY 9PM. The same slot as SGA. it wont attract millions upon millions of viewers, but will attract a decent niche audience that will boost the profitability of the series.
                              Yes I get that and I just think it is more a child friendly SciFi show then the time slot allows.

as well its been sold to about 18 other countries(mine included). But, US market penetration is an excellent boost that will make it a much more healthier series.
                              Oh yeah, and if this boost the sales of the DVD even slightly well it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                                Woo and who! This is cool news, shame about the DVD release being put back but understandable. Wonder if this could open up syndication for the new series, that would be even better.
                                It's not that long of a wait for the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X