This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    Have you guys seen the Region 1 cover yet?

Or the Region 1 cover to Revelation of the Daleks?
    Hmm, sorry to say it... but your Genesis DVD is not a patch on the British one.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I like the black background of the american releases
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        Hmm, sorry to say it... but your Genesis DVD is not a patch on the British one.
        Typically, I like the region 2 front covers better.

In this case, it's a tie, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          I like the black background of the american releases
          Given the choice of
          A. The Region 1 black cover.
          B. The Region 2 TARDIS roundels.

I go with option C. DASP's customized cover.
          Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 09 February 2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Your are pertty good.

Comment

Your are pertty good.
              Thanks again.

Folks, you can click here to see my DVD covers.

Getting back on topic, IMO...the roundels are a good choice for the Region 2 background.

I prefer front covers to focus on a single element like The Robots of Death cover. Many region 2 covers do that.

The region 1 covers are typically a hodgepodge of low quality pictures...makes them look like a cheap knock-off.

One thing I don't like about the region 2 covers is the choice of fonts.

Comment

Ture, just a bad cologe(sp)

Comment

The guy who does the Region 2 covers, by the way, is Clayton Hickman, whose not a pro designer. He's the editor of Doctor Who Magazine who was fed up enough when the original wave of DVDs looked like this

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and this:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

that he bent the BBC's ear until they let him do the covers himself.

One of the things that's most amazing about the new cover is that he's combated the poor quality and variety of photos of the Daleks in the story by photographing toy Daleks from different angles.

Astrounding, isn't it? Can you imagine someone not being able to find a photo of the Stargate from the angle they wanted, photographing the toy instead and still pulling it off!?

Comment

Maybe they sould ask him to do the US ones

Comment

Maybe they sould ask him to do the US ones
                      Maybe they should beg him to do the region 1 covers.

I still like the DVD covers I designed better though.

Comment

Sci-Fi have started showing ads for the new Doctor Who

http://media.putfile.com/Sci-Fi-Channel-Doctor-Who-ad

I'm kind of 'meh' on it. I prefer the one the BBC put out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...bram=1&bbram=1

Comment

Have to say I much prefer the Beebs ad, Sci-fi's just seems really tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                            Sci-Fi have started showing ads for the new Doctor Who

http://media.putfile.com/Sci-Fi-Channel-Doctor-Who-ad

I'm kind of 'meh' on it. I prefer the one the BBC put out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...bram=1&bbram=1
                            Ah...they are doing the Who? is he thing...well I suppose if you are under 20-25 you probably don't even know who...Who is, so I don't really mind it..the American accent is a little odd but then they used an Australian voice over here so I can't say too much on that.

Wonder if they will have any speaking scenes, given how "northern" Chris sounds...well to me. Are they not going to let on too much that it is British until it screens? (not using the Beebs advert with Chris's voice on purpose?) They used a different one in Australia, it had him saying to Rose 'I'm The Doctor run for your life' from The Rose episode. They may have used a couple of ads here actually.

Wow it is going to be on SciFi! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you would think I hadn't seen it and was living in the US.

What is the official start date?
                            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 23 February 2006, 02:28 AM.

Comment

My ideal trailer would go:

EMERGENCY PROGRAM ONE: If you can hear this message, I'm either dead or facing certain death with no chance of escape...

CUT TO: The Doctor grappling with Autons

CUT TO: The Doctor and Rose behind bars being menaced by the Gelth

CUT TO: The Reaper materialising and Rose screaming

CUT TO: The Doctor, Rose and Jack surrounded by Gasmask zombies calling for their Mummy

CUT TO: The Doctor being surrounded by an army of Daleks on Floor 500

CUT TO: EMERGENCY PROGRAM ONE: We're facing an enemy who must never get their hands on this machine...

CUT TO: DOCTOR: It's called the TARDIS, this thing. Time and Relative Dimension in Space.

CUT TO: ROSE: It's bigger on the inside?

CUT TO: The TARDIS hurtling after the Chula ambulance

DOCTOR (V.O.): We could go to the furthest ends of the universe. Anywhere you want.

CUT TO: The shuttles arrive at Platform One

CUT TO: The Dalek fleet arrives at Earth

CUT TO: The Dalek mothership fires missles at the TARDIS

CUT TO: THE DOCTOR: Did I mention it also travels in time?

CUT TO: The TARDIS travelling in the blue vortex

CUT TO: THE DOCTOR: THE Charles Dickens?

DICKENS: Yes!

THE DOCTOR: You're brilliant! Absolutely fantastic! I've read all you stories.

CUT TO: Rose hanging from a barrage balloon while the Luftwaffe bomb London.

CUT TO: The army of Gasmask Zombies advance through the explosions

CUT TO: THE DOCTOR (adjusting controls): Here we go. Always moving on.

CUT TO: The TARDIS travelling away into the vortex.

CUT TO: LOGO

Comment

The biggest problem I have with this trailer is that it spoils the fact that the Doctor is
                                Spoiler:
                                the last Timelord.

Comment

Working...
                                X