Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good to know! Stephen Fry's a very good writer. I'm sure if Steven Moffat brought him in to Doctor Who's writing circle that we'd get something very special. Thanks for the heads up Madwelshboy.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I totally approve of Stephen doing Doctor Who. he would have been also great with DT as the doctor. Stephen is a wonderful writer. Witty, intelligent and I just love his humour. I read his autbiography "Moab is my Washpot" and "Making History"
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

David Tennant NBC pilot on ice?

NBC has delayed a verdict on Rex Is Not Your Lawyer, the much-buzzed-about drama pilot starring Doctor Who’s David Tennant. Peacock execs were eyeing Rex to possibly fill one of its post-Jay Leno Show holes at 10 pm this spring. But a source close to the show tells me, “The sets are coming down this week.”

An NBC rep declined to comment, but a Peacock source insists Rex remains under consideration for fall. “The sets are on fold-and-hold,” maintains the insider. “They will still be available if the show is picked up for the fall.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/...t-your-lawyer/

Comment

The new issue of Sci-Fi Now magazine has an article about the abandonded Dr. Who 30th anniversary TV movie "The Dark Dimension".
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Billie Piper 'moving on' from 'Doctor Who'

Billie Piper has ruled out a return to Doctor Who.

Speaking exclusively to DS, the former companion said that she would not go back to the programme she first joined in 2005.

"I think it's done now, isn't it? I think that ship has sailed. That old, wooden ship!

"I really loved doing it, but Doctor Who has moved on - it's different people, different crew, different production team and I can't keep going back. It's ridiculous! It's time to move on..."

The 27-year-old actress also said that she hates the fact that David Tennant has left the series, but added that Matt Smith is "capable" of filling the role.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/...octor-who.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Billie Piper 'moving on' from 'Doctor Who'

Billie Piper has ruled out a return to Doctor Who.

<respectfully snipped>

Thank goodness is all I can say about that news. Rose Tyler was an anchor around the Doctor's neck in Series 3 and that didn't help Martha Jones at all (whom I preferred as a companion btw). The Doctor had obviously moved on after parting ways with her in The Stolen Earth but seeing this news means he...and Doctor Who itself...can finally move on and thank goodness for that too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I loved Rose and the 10th Doctor, but I agree that that storyline is over and done with.
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

It's definitely time to move on - I loved Rose too, I thought her original leaving was immensely powerful and emotional. And was almost completely undone by her later return

I'm bummed about this Rex pilot - but doesn't it say something if NBC, who lets face it are desperate for sometime to fill that gaping 10pm gap, are thinking of pulling the plug on it? *worried*

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Nighy to guest in 'Doctor Who'

Bill Nighy is to guest star in an episode of the new series of Doctor Who, Digital Spy can reveal. The veteran actor will play the curator of a Vincent van Gogh exhibition in the episode, which is penned by Richard Curtis. A set insider told DS: "It was a real coup to get Bill Nighy in Doctor Who, especially in Richard Curtis's amazing episode. Bill plays a van Gogh expert with some similar fashion choices to The Doctor himself."

Spoiler:
                    The story is set both in the present day and 19th Century France.
                    This Life actor Tony Curran was previously confirmed in the role of van Gogh. The episode - the tenth in the new series - was filmed on location in Croatia and Cardiff over Christmas. A BBC spokesperson said: "We do not comment on storyline or character speculation."

Comment

Croatia? This'll be the vampire story then?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        EXCLUSIVE: Bill Nighy to guest in 'Doctor Who'

Bill Nighy is to guest star in an episode of the new series of Doctor Who, Digital Spy can reveal. The veteran actor will play the curator of a Vincent van Gogh exhibition in the episode, which is penned by Richard Curtis. A set insider told DS: "It was a real coup to get Bill Nighy in Doctor Who, especially in Richard Curtis's amazing episode. Bill plays a van Gogh expert with some similar fashion choices to The Doctor himself."

Spoiler:
                        The story is set both in the present day and 19th Century France.
                        This Life actor Tony Curran was previously confirmed in the role of van Gogh. The episode - the tenth in the new series - was filmed on location in Croatia and Cardiff over Christmas. A BBC spokesperson said: "We do not comment on storyline or character speculation."

Great piece of casting news! Bill Nighy's great! Can't wait to see what role he has to play!

Comment

Oh I love Bill Nighy! Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Great piece of casting news! Bill Nighy's great! Can't wait to see what role he has to play!
                            Awesome.... I'm just said he is likely to old to actually play the Doctor , Although I was hoping me may play another Timelord perhaps the Master's next incarnation. But I'll take what I'm given
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              Awesome.... I'm just said he is likely to old to actually play the Doctor , Although I was hoping me may play another Timelord perhaps the Master's next incarnation. But I'll take what I'm given
                              To think it was 6-years ago the Daily Mail newspaper mistakenly reported Bill Nighy was going to be the 9th Doctor. Bill Nighy would have made a good Doctor but I'm glad he's got some kind of role to play and that we've had Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and now Matt Smith as the Doctor. We're so lucky that TPTB have cast such great actors in the starring role and such great guest actors too.

Comment

I would have LOVED Bill Nighy as the doctor! He would have been perfect and he was on my top ten wish list of guys to take over from David Tennant! I am really happy that Bill Nighy will be in a Who episode. The new series can't start soon enough!
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X