Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you lot been to the Doctor Who Exhibition in Glasgow yet?

I have.

Twice.

And I got in for nothing.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

If it the same one that visiting Coventry, will be seeing it at the end of April sometime.

Comment

Tennant 'never wavered from Who path'

David Tennant has said that he "never once wavered" from the path to playing a Time Lord in Doctor Who.

The actor also told The Times that he understood the distinction between fiction and reality when he first watched the programme.

Tennant said: "I remember, after seeing Jon Pertwee turn into Tom Baker in Doctor Who, having a conversation with my parents at a very young age about actors and what they did.

"I remember getting the distinction between a character and an actor, as they explained it. I understood what fiction was very clearly."

He added: "I always feel uneasy when people talk about children not understanding the difference between fantasy and reality.

"I can only have been three, and was just enthralled. But I was quite clear that I didn't want to be a Time Lord - I wanted to be the person who played a Time Lord."

David Tennant will leave Doctor Who after this year's specials and be replaced by Matt Smith for the fifth series of the show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...-who-path.html

Comment

James Strong ('Doctor Who')

Easter is traditionally a time for family, perhaps a visit to church - and of course, chocolate by the bucketload. But perhaps even more excitingly, Easter is also the time we'll get to see the first of this year's four Doctor Who specials, the ominously-named Planet of the Dead. The one-hour episode sees Michelle Ryan join The Doctor on a bus-trip which takes "a very unexpected detour into danger". Intrigued, we gave Doctor Who director James Strong a call to find out more

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...octor-who.html

Comment

Nice piece about "Planet of the Dead" in the new Radio Times.

Cracking cover as well, very Avengers - "Mrs. Peel, we're needed."
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

I have.

Twice.

I want to go, but with aranging time off from work, and the journey from Bracknell to Glasgow being more inconvenient then anything else, i'll never get to go there.

If you have any photos, or know if the exhibition is coming to London anytime soon, then please share it.

-Billz
              Last edited by Billz; 08 April 2009, 01:59 PM.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I'll see what I can do.
                sigpic

Comment

"Eat armour piercing 5.7mm lead death, you tin plated scum!"
                  sigpic

Comment

"Eat armour piercing 5.7mm lead death, you tin plated scum!"
                    :jealous:

-Billz

PS: Sorry for taking this slightly off-topic. If I find any new DW news, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Just now noticed that you are holding a FNP-90 airsoft gun. Nice nod to SG-1 and Atlantis *posi-reps*

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Hey! It's a DHD!
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Hey! It's a DHD!
                        Spoiler:
                        Looks nothing like a DHD.

Anyway...

Comment

So much for a joke...
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I have.

Twice.

Yeah, I was going to go...but then I discovered it costs about £7-50 for an adult...but the horrid thing is that you need to book a time to go AND you're only allowed about 30-minutes inside. I'm not happy. An exhibition should NOT have time constraints.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Yeah, I was going to go...but then I discovered it costs about £7-50 for an adult...but the horrid thing is that you need to book a time to go AND you're only allowed about 30-minutes inside. I'm not happy. An exhibition should NOT have time constraints.
                              Blame the BBC for that one, not Kelvingrove.

Anyway, some Doctor Who news (sort of) - David Tennant will be sitting in for Jonathan Ross on Saturday morning on BBC Radio 2 between 1000hrs and 1300hrs.
                              Last edited by BruTak; 09 April 2009, 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Tennant 'cried reading last Who script'

David Tennant has admitted shedding a tear when he read the scenes containing the demise of the tenth Doctor in his final script.

The actor told BBC Radio 1 that he is currently six weeks away from the end of filming on his final episodes of Doctor Who.

Tennant said: "I might have had a little cry. They were brilliant scripts and very moving. It was quite a big deal really.

"I sort of turned the phone off and made sure I could read it straight through without too much interruption."

He added: "Filming is now always out of schedule, so I don't know if I'll be sadder on the last day or filming the final scenes. That remains to be seen.

"It's weird because it's been four years. It's been so all-consuming and so life-changing. It's been such a big thing."

Tennant said upcoming Easter special Planet Of The Dead would be a "kind of a romp" and "the last time The Doctor gets to have fun" before the dark ending.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...ho-script.html

Comment

Working...
                                X