This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Ah.... another poor unsuspecting individual about to enter the daunting and surreall world of cult television...
    It's the msot watched scripted drama in the UK, though. Can it really be classified as "cult"?
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      It's the msot watched scripted drama in the UK, though. Can it really be classified as "cult"?
      Yes, because though it has a mainstream audiance, it still has that faithful cult audiance from Classic Who, and indeed, an all new cult audiance specifically for the New series. As I understand it, the BBC classed anything that generated what we would call fandoms as cult viewing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I remember RTD saying in an interview once that if they were to film DW in HD then the entire TARDIS set would have to be renovated so as not to reveal the cheap look of its materials. Do I smell a TARDIS regeneration coming on?
        sigpic

Comment

Freema talks 'Doctor Who' return
          Saturday, February 7 2009, 12:04 GMT

By Neil Wilkes, Editor

What are the chances of Freema Agyeman making a return to Doctor Who before David Tennant bows out? Or even joining Matt Smith's Doctor in the TARDIS? Digital Spy's Lara Martin caught up with Freema at the launch of Law & Order: UK (more on that soon) to find out.

Click link for video:-
          http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1459...ho-return.html

Comment

Thanks for that link, Madwelshboy! I wish Freema all the best with her Law & Order: London series and hope she finds time to return either to Doctor Who or Torchwood or both. I'd be thrilled to have Martha there back alongside the 10th Doctor again and potentially helping out the newly regenerated 11th Doctor or/and working with Jack Harkness and Torchwood Three in Cardiff.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
              I remember RTD saying in an interview once that if they were to film DW in HD then the entire TARDIS set would have to be renovated so as not to reveal the cheap look of its materials. Do I smell a TARDIS regeneration coming on?
              Would be interesting. I never saw a TARDIS regeneration. I would like to know how the doctor achieved the new look.

A friend of mine was at the screening of thr first episode of L&O:London and liked it. I don't like L&O much. It is for me just another crime series but both Freema and Jamie Bamber are in the series so I might tune in just out of curiosity.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                Would be interesting. I never saw a TARDIS regeneration. I would like to know how the doctor achieved the new look.
                A TARDIS regeneration was something that was never actually seen on screen...but I imagine it would be quite an impressive effect.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Five Years for Matt Smith?
                  February 11, 2009 • Posted By Chuck Foster
                  The media are reporting today that new Doctor Matt Smith has been signed up for three years, with an option for an additional two. The Sun announced that "NEW Doctor Who Matt Smith will get £1million to play the Time Lord for five years. The little-known actor, 26, has signed a £200,000-a-year deal with the BBC1 sci-fi hit. His contract ties him into the show for three years, with the option of two more after that." The ubiquitous insider said: "Bosses don't want Matt doing a David and leaving when things are going great."

Also reported by the Telegraph and Daily Mail.

Link to original article at Outpost Gallifrey here : - http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...FuluElgdEsMQIe

Comment

The above news dosen't suprise me at all. With all the comings and goings that have happened over the years, they'll want to make sure someone will be there.

Comment

They're running out of regenerations, so...
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        They're running out of regenerations, so...
                        Are they?

Comment

I'm sure tptb can come up with some technobabble way to get around it, but the Doctor's will be on his 11th with Matt. Why force the technobabble before you really have to?
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm sure tptb can come up with some technobabble way to get around it, but the Doctor's will be on his 11th with Matt. Why force the technobabble before you really have to?
                            I agree. The time to worry about the Doctor's life beyond his 12th regeneration (13th life) is when he's actually on his 13th life.

But this is what it says in the FAQ's on the BBC's official Doctor Who website:

How many regenerations does the Doctor have?
                            Now that his people are gone, who knows? Time Lords used to have 13 lives.
                            The Master is the only Time Lord to have gone beyond his 13 lives. The Master that appeared at the end of Utopia and throughout the finale story The Sound of Drums is, in my reckoning, the 18th Master.

Comment

I mean that, at the rate they've gone through Doctors since the relaunch, they'll be at the 'final' one in under a decade. Keeping an actor to the part for a while slows down the regeneration attrition.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I mean that, at the rate they've gone through Doctors since the relaunch, they'll be at the 'final' one in under a decade. Keeping an actor to the part for a while slows down the regeneration attrition.
                                I don't think it's good for the Doctor if an actor does what Chris Eccleston did and left after 1-year...the 9th Doctor was gone far too quickly but made a hell of an impression!

So if Matt Smith is committed to the role for 5-years then that brings him to 2015. I think 5-years is a good amount of time for an incarnation of the Doctor. Or if an actor can do what Tom Baker did and stay in the role for 7-years...so much the better! Going by those numbers, the Doctor would be in his 13th incarnation by the mid to late 2020's.

Comment

Working...
                                X