This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Initially, I was more concerned about the casting of Billie Piper.

But I've been more than happy to have been proved wrong.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.
    I confidently predict that the Doctor Who Forum servers will explode shortly after 1735hrs GMT tonight.

I also confidently predict that even if the Eleventh Doctor is a fairly well known actor/actress *Hastily covers all the bases* there will be a minority of persons both here and on the Dr. Who forum who will be moaning that they've never heard of him/her.

Guys, there's these things called the Internet Movie Database, and Wikipedia. Try looking them up...
    LOL! I predict I will be asleep!

I am going to set my alarm clock though as this doesn't happen often I don't want to sleep all the way through it. You just know they will not announce it until almost the end of the Confidential. I then plan on going back to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      The hair colour of the Doctor has been black, brown, indeterninate and blond. If that can change, surely the skin colour can change. Is it worth pointing out that certain Doctors have been significantly pinker, sallower or tanned than others?

What is more, the accent has gone from plummy to plummier to scottish to north-west to essex. If that can change, there's really not much to changing skin colour.
      Plus when Romana was trying out looks for her next regeneration she tried out a blue one briefly... so skin colour can be changed by regeneration its canon
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I think it will be a CGI william hartnell and the last 9 regenerations have been just a dream as he steps out of the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          Plus when Romana was trying out looks for her next regeneration she tried out a blue one briefly... so skin colour can be changed by regeneration its canon
          Ew dear God. I thought there was a universal unwritten, unspoken agreement to pretend that scene never, EVER happened! It was the most embarassic, ridiculous and illogical scene that has ever befallan Doctor Who. Particularly when ALL time lords we've seen have been human form.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

basically I just want a good actor - however... since the last two doctors have appealed to my inner letch, I want one I can letch at.

Out of the "favourites" only James Nesbitt appeals - and that will also depend on how he plays it.

The Gruesomes are bouncing around today going "is it time yet?"
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valen sinclair
              I think it will be a CGI william hartnell and the last 9 regenerations have been just a dream as he steps out of the shower.
              Hahaha!! Hilarious! I loved Hartnell. Hands down the funniest of the bunch. Admittedly, most of the humour came down to his line slips and irascible elderly nature. But some of his stuff was pure gold!
              sigpic

Comment

Actor Matt Smith is the 11th doctor

http://www.seenit.co.uk/matt-smith-n...or-who/012594/

Matt Smith named as 11th Doctor Who

By Martin Hoscik ? January 3, 2009 ? Post a comment
                Matt Smith has been named as the eleventh Doctor, replacing David Tennant in BBC One’s hit revival of Doctor Who.

Smith has previously appeared in Alan Bennett’s play The History Boys and in BBC One’s adaptations of The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North. He also appeared as Danny in BBC Two’s political drama Party Animals.

Today’s announcement, made in a special BBC One edition of Doctor Who Confidential, brings to an end months of speculation following Tennant’s announcement that he would leave the part after filming four specials for broadcast this year.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

His IMDB credits are here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/

PHotos from Ruby in the Smoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/rubyinthe...tt_smith.shtml

Photos fro Party Animals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/partyanim...y_foster.shtml

Article: The Face to Watch

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/theatr...tch/article.do

Comment

well... I'm underwhelmed.

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Three words ladies an' germs, "wait and see".
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Oh for sure - but... why the big build up? I'm miffed, I have got used to having a Doctor that I can fancy the pants off. Now?

pfft.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                        Oh for sure - but... why the big build up? I'm miffed, I have got used to having a Doctor that I can fancy the pants off. Now?

pfft.
                        Agreed.

We all know that we'll be there when the episodes air, but the buildup made us expect so much more.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post

pfft.
                          Well - is it just me, or does he have a rather large forehead?

I hope he goes to the barbers before they start filming, a quick trim of the ol' barnet wouldn't go amiss - or a dash of "product" even...
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

A fiver says that at least one tabloid will have a headline: Doctor WHO???!

I'm surprised that they're going with someone who's so young (and thanks Mr Moffatt, way to make me fee decrepit, I'm now for the first time in my life older than the Doctor) but I'm sure he'll be good once he gets going.

Madeleine

Comment

Well, as I said to the gruesomes, the only thing that endeared him to me was his hair and his description of how he would pace his room, watch a bit of TV and then grin and think "I'm the Doctor"

We shall see - but I'd rather not have had the big sell from David Tenant, RTD and Stephen Moffat when the guy really is the next best thing to a complete unknown.

And all that guff about how he will manifest himself as the Doctor? Do the actors really have that much input (costume? hair?) or is it down to the writer and/or director?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                A fiver says that at least one tabloid will have a headline: Doctor WHO???!

I'm surprised that they're going with someone who's so young (and thanks Mr Moffatt, way to make me fee decrepit, I'm now for the first time in my life older than the Doctor) but I'm sure he'll be good once he gets going.
                                get used to it honey, young is the new black!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X