Clear All

Originally posted by huntress View Post
    James May : howls with laughter :

Hey how about Alan Davies
    James May could bore his enemies to death

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      James May could bore his enemies to death
      Don't forget his poor companion. He'd spend hours detailing the Tardis before they'd go anywhere. Then not step out the doors unless he'd done a safety accessment of the destination first.

With all this talk of the Doctor. What about a new companion? Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
        Don't forget his poor companion. He'd spend hours detailing the Tardis before they'd go anywhere. Then not step out the doors unless he'd done a safety accessment of the destination first.

With all this talk of the Doctor. What about a new companion? Any suggestions?
        I was thinking about all the sodding about he'd do before stepping out of the Tardis

As for the companion.....THE STIG!!!!!

Comment

I was thinking about all the sodding about he'd do before stepping out of the Tardis

As for the companion.....THE STIG!!!!!
          All together now!

STIIIIIGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            All together now!

STIIIIIGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Comment

Thankew, thankew! Yer a wunnerful audience!
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                I think what David Morrisey said is the key to the new Doctor.

DT is so very popular that they wouldn't want someone in the role with any likeness to him. Which is why I think they might go with an older actor. I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone younger than DT when he started.

So I hope '40' isn't the maxium age for the new actor.
                I don't even know why there has to be an age limit either way. It is not canon after all.

I hate to say it but I think "new" Who is a little too precious about itself, not wanting to lose *new* fans by casting someone who isn't Thunkable... well that is how I read all this talk about no one over 40

Just hire the right person for the role and don't worry if they are 30 or 60!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  I don't even know why there has to be an age limit either way. It is not canon after all.

I hate to say it but I think "new" Who is a little too precious about itself, not wanting to lose *new* fans by casting someone who isn't Thunkable... well that is how I read all this talk about no one over 40

Just hire the right person for the role and don't worry if they are 30 or 60!
                  I love you!!!

I watch DW for DW not because DT is hot!! Yes they have attracted a lot of new viewers with DT but if the stories are good enough and the actor good enough then why do we need a 'thunkable' Doctor. Isn't it the Doctor's mind afterall that makes him attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Robert Carlyle has suggested that he would be willing to take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who, although he denied being contacted about the role.

Responding to the frequent rumours surrounding him, the 47-year-old actor told the Daily Record: "This has followed me for two years. But no-one has ever approached me about it and I never wanted to talk about it because you can't talk about another actor's part."

Carlyle, who recently starred in 24: Redemption, also suggested that he would be willing to play The Doctor. "I would treat [the role] with respect and regard it properly, but I would have to be approached about it first," he said.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...-who-role.html
                    Robert Carlysle would make a great Doctor. I think he's my favourite pick at the moment.

Comment

I read an article on Kasterborous that James Frain was in the running and people pushing for a black doctor have mentioned Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Though the latest article says that Paterson Joseph is certain to get the role.
                      http://www.kasterborous.com/news.asp?ac=11&id=1932

Comment

Another article from Den of Geek

Spoiler:
                        Doctor Who: Paterson Joseph set to be named as new Doctor?
                        Simon Brew

With odds slashed and speculation mounting, is Mr Joseph about to be named the 11th Doctor Who?
                        It was on 14th October that the name Paterson Joseph first cropped up in relation to the role of Doctor Who. By that time, David Tennant hadn’t made the announcement that he was quitting the role, but nonetheless, speculation arose that Joseph – who starred in Steven Moffat’s Jekyll – was in line for the keys to the Tardis.

On that same day, we spoke to Paterson Joseph’s agent, who said to us that “If Paterson had the part, it would have come through us, so I think that's a no...". You can read our story here.

However, in spite of that denial, speculation has begun to rise again, to the point where at least one bookmaker has stopped taking bets. Meanwhile, odds on Joseph have now been dramatically slashed, and if you believe the reliable folks at Comic Book Resources (who have a good track record on this sort of thing), then Joseph has been given the role already.

In their story here the site says that not only has Joseph been cast, but he has also accepted the part. And for good measure, the article also reveals that the Tardis console room will be getting redesign for 2010. This could, if true, faciliate the shooting of the show in high definition for the first time, something that the BBC and Russell T Davies had held back on due to the amount of work that would need doing on the key sets.

Now? We sit back and wait. The announcement may yet take some time…

Comment

More articles including a hint at what's to come at Christmas

Spoiler:
                          ELEVEN? THAT'S NUMBERWANG! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18930

Lying In The Gutters currently feels ready to make the call that Paterson Joseph is the new Doctor Who. I understand that while there were still a number of contenders in the running at the beginning of last week, the role was offered to him by the BBC a few days later and he accepted.

That Joseph was showrunner-from-2010 Steven Moffat's favourite choice, was revealed in Lying In The Gutters in early October, which caused the bookies to make him their favourite.

His odds dropped when further tabloid rumours tagged other actors, as well as a horrific misreading of the upcoming Christmas special co-starring David Morrissey as The Next Doctor - ignoring the audio drama it is based on, “The One Doctor.”

But as of now, he's the bookies' favourite again. And PaddyPower have withdrawn the category, a sign that they believe the decision has been made. Meanwhile Betfair have him at around 1/2 odds.

Paterson Joseph starred in a very Hartnell/Pertwee turn as The Marquis De Carabas in “Neverwhere” by Neil Gaiman, rumoured to be writing an episode of the series in 2010.

Joseph also played a strong supporting role in Steve Moffat's “Jekyll”, Alan Johnson in “Peep Show” and a regular character actor in “The Mitchell And Webb Look”. He currently appears in the BBC remaking of Terry Nation's "Survivors."

He does a great line in pompous, mischievous, inspiring, well-presented, well-spoken, with a big cheesey grin.

He's absolutely perfect for the role. I can't wait.

Also for 2010, we're not only getting a new Doctor but it appears the TARDIS console room will get a new desktop theme…

Outline of 'The One Doctor' audio drama that the Christmas episode is apparantly inspired by
                          Spoiler:
                          The Sixth Doctor and Mel come up against an impostor Doctor and his companion Sally-Anne.

During the serial, the Doctor and his companions undertake a quest to find the three greatest treasures of the Generios system.

The story was essentially Big Finish's Christmas panto, and features an extra Christmas scene as a hidden track at the end of the story. The episodes are heavily laden with comedy and the impostor Doctor's name, Banto Zame, is an intentional[citation needed] rhyme with Panto Dame.

Comment

Video: David Morrissey talks 'Doctor Who'

Follow the link to watch David Morrissey's interview on BBC Breakfast, in which he discusses his role in the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special - and speculation that he could replace David Tennant in the lead role.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...octor-who.html

Comment

Well I refused to watch Jekyll (and Hyde) due to Nesbitt, so I only hope if this rumour of Joseph is true that he can act better then he did in those Numberwang things. 'Cause that was truly bad acting... or was that part of the humour? Hard to tell.

The T.A.R.D.I.S
                              Spoiler:
                              is well over due a new look, well I never liked the current look so I hope that rumour is correct anyway. HD makes no difference to me I am too poor (or just too stingy ) to have a HD anything.

Comment

From BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7776191.stm

Tennant out of Hamlet for surgery

Actor David Tennant will not be returning to play Hamlet "before Christmas" because of a back injury, the Royal Shakespeare Company says.

Click on link for full story.

Comment

Working...
                                X