This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't that a rumour in the Sun?

It was a rumour I wanted to believe, but...

Oh well, such is life.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      Wasn't that a rumour in the Sun?

It was a rumour I wanted to believe, but...

Oh well, such is life.
      No idea I have been out of fandom for a while, not wanting to be spoiled for the Chrissy special. I think the *all the past actors* thing was from the Sun, but what about the next Doctor thing?

Comment

It was Terry Wogan on his radio show, turned out not to be true but it would have been good.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Have you seen Ben Templesmith's warm-up sketches for an upcoming Dr Who comic?
          Both his Doctor and Martha are fantastic. link below

Ben Templesmith Does Doctor Who
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Hmm, interesting.

Just a shame we can't "officially" get IDW's Dr. Who comics here in the UK.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The new Radio times has David Tennant's on-set diary from his new drama Einstiein & Eddington.

Madeleine

Comment

The new Radio times has David Tennant's on-set diary from his new drama Einstein & Eddington.
                Is it just me, or is DT's resemblance to the real Sir Arthur Eddington quite striking?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

It's not just you

Madeleine

Comment

It's not just you
                    Oh good.
                    sigpic

Comment

On another almost Dr Who Blimey-Doesn't-He-Look-Like-The-Bloke-He's-Playing note, my mum said Burn Gorman (Owen from Torchwood) looked spookily like Ray Galton, when he played him in a drama/documentry about Steptoe and Son on BBCFour

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        On another almost Dr Who Blimey-Doesn't-He-Look-Like-The-Bloke-He's-Playing note, my mum said Burn Gorman (Owen from Torchwood) looked spookily like Ray Galton, when he played him in a drama/documentry about Steptoe and Son on BBCFour
                        Yeah, he did. More so that the two actors actually playing Wilfred Brambel and Harry H. Corbett.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Yeah, he did. More so that the two actors actually playing Wilfred Brambel and Harry H. Corbett.
                          Phil Davis was too chubby and too young to play Wilfred Bramble

Comment

The BBC has revealed several previously unreleased documents and images dating back to 1962 that detail the origins of Doctor Who.

Available online on the BBC Archive website, the material includes handwritten notes from 1963 by the broadcaster's then Head of Drama Sydney Newman, in which he states his desire for the proposed show to be an "educational experience - drama based upon and stemming from factual material and scientific phenomena and actual social history of past and future".

Archivist Jim Sangster told BBC News that the documents demonstrate how much of a gamble Doctor Who was perceived to be by the corporation, as "they didn't have confidence in sci-fi. It was seen as niche and American."

"After Star Wars, we have a different view of course, and we see it as hugely entertaining and successful. But they were nervous - it wasn't a Western or a period drama. It was something really obscure and they had to do research into it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...documents.html

Comment

John Simm has revealed that he has no interest in taking over from David Tennant in Doctor Who.

The former Life On Mars actor has been regularly linked to the lead role, despite his previous appearances in the show as the Time Lord's arch nemesis The Master.

Speaking to The Times, Simm clarified his stance and also hinted at a return to the programme, saying: "I'm The Master. Simple as that. I don't want to be Doctor Who. I might be the Master again... I'm not allowed to say."

Previously, Simm told the Daily Record: "I'm not... ruling out a return to Doctor Who in the future. It's too exciting a show to be a part of for me to do that."

http://wwww.digitalspy.com/cult/a136...lead-role.html

Comment

I don't think it was ever a serious consideration. I mean it would have just been so stupid to take an actor who played The Master with no make-up at all (beside the usual stuff) and put him in the role of The Doctor.

Just stupid.

As good as Simm is I would never have been able to watch him without thinking, at some point, he is The Master and had killed The Doctor and just stolen his regeneration. I could never have believed he was really The Doctor.

Makes for nice fanfic but that is about all.

Comment

Working...
                                X