X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/ne...080517_news_01
    Tune into BBC One on Saturday 24th May, just before Eurovision (8pm), to see a special sneak preview of the rest of Doctor Who Series Four!
    Once you have seen the trailer, don't forget to head straight back here to watch it all over again online - and to check out our special web-exclusive Eurovision gap week treats!

Comment

Steven Moffat to succeed RTD as show runner when the show returns in 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...bc.television2

Was there ever any real doubt
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

WOOHOO!

Hopefully he'll be as good a showrunner as he is a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Awesometastic.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Saw that coming...
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

YES!

Comment

Well, I'm on the "good news bad news" fence myself, I must admit.
                  I mean, Moffat is God.... but RTD is a higher ranking one. Well, I s'pose it was ineviteble he's step down and the best replacement is SM.... bhutbutbut. I jsut hope RTD would still write the odd episode or two.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

YAY! I'll miss RTD, but of all the people to replace him, I couldn't have asked for better

Madeleine

Comment

Something else worth noting.. the press release talked about four specials in 2009, not three. Now at first I dismissed it as meaning 3 specials other than the 2008 Christmas one, but on some Doctor Who forum where they posted the Moffat news 4 days ago someone said the last special (2009 Christmas) has become a two parter special...
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

Nothing against RTD, but I'm very happy.

Comment

my favourite part of that article:

Moffat said: "My entire career has been a secret plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back because the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven
                          i love moffat, glad to see we're in safe hands
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

BBC Press Release for episode 9 (part 2 of Moffat's two-parter):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...#sat_doctorwho

Spoiler:
                            As the shadows rise and march, the Doctor forges an alliance with the mysterious River Song, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. But can anyone stop the Vashta Nerada?
                            Spoiler:
                            While the Doctor discovers long-buried secrets and revelations about his own future, the sinister Nodes declare that Donna is doomed.

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna. Alex Kingston, Colin Salmon and Steve Pemberton guest star.

Yipes...

Comment

From Neil Gaiman's Blog:

Anyway- my real question is whether or not we'll finally see a Neil Gaiman DW episode? We're all quietly hoping the idea came up during your dinner back in March in Bar Shu... I know you're a very busy person, but it would be the perfect combination for so many fans!
                              Rachel

I think it's great news -- what Russell Davies did over the last few years was remarkable: as a writer and as a show-runner he brought Doctor Who back, sure-footed and smart and with a heart. (And even the few mis-steps were easily forgiveable. Maddy and I agreed that there were bits of plot in "The Doctor's Daughter" that necessitated not just suspension of one's disbelief but the surgical extraction of said disbelief before dangling it over a vat of bubbling acid in the hopes that it would shut up. We loved "The Unicorn and the Wasp" though).
                              And it was a terrific dinner: they do fantastic dry-fried green beans at Bar Shu (it doesn't sound like it would be fantastic from the menu, but it is).
                              I think I'm going to squee
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                From Neil Gaiman's Blog:

I think I'm going to squee
                                If Neil Gaiman wrote for Doctor Who.....the words "fangirl overload" come to mind. The fact that he totally evades the question asked (he almost never does that) I think says something. I hope.

Oh to be a fly on the wall with those two in the room.....

Comment

Working...
                                X