X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Classic Doctor Who DVD releases:

K-9 Tales - box set comprising The Invisible Enemy and K-9 plus Sarah Jane Smith spin-off story K-9 And Company: June 16

The Brain of Morbius: July 21

The Trial of a Time Lord box set: August 18

Four To Doomsday: September 15

The War Machines: October 13

Battlefield: November 17

May I just say...

YAY for Battlefield! It's my most wanted Classic Who story of the lot! A total UNIT story, bridging the gap between New UNIT and Classic UNIT with the introduction of new uniform, new technology, new weaponry, and a new Brigadier, with the old Brig being called out of retirement! It's essentially the Brig's story, not the Doctor's.
    Is that the one with Brigadier Bambera?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      That's the one.

Just in time for the 45th Anniversary on the 23rd of November.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Yep, and she's a damn good character, it's a shame she didn't get carried over as well. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE classic UNIT with their .22 rifles and "Five Rounds Rapid", but Battlefield's UNIT had something special... I don't know what but... it was international, having ranks from all walks of life, they actually wore the UN beret, they were seen to be on posession of serious equipment, and we actually saw an RAF member of UNIT! I'd started to think UNIT was made up entirely of the Army. Battlefield's UNIT indeed could have been just as popular as classic UNIT, and it's a shame it didn't get the chance to fully expand itself.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yep, and she's a damn good character, it's a shame she didn't get carried over as well. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE classic UNIT with their .22 rifles and "Five Rounds Rapid", but Battlefield's UNIT had something special... I don't know what but... it was international, having ranks from all walks of life, they actually wore the UN beret, they were seen to be on posession of serious equipment, and we actually saw an RAF member of UNIT! I'd started to think UNIT was made up entirely of the Army. Battlefield's UNIT indeed could have been just as popular as classic UNIT, and it's a shame it didn't get the chance to fully expand itself.
          .22 rifles? I beg your pardon sir!

I think you'll find classic UNIT were armed with 7.62mm FN FALs.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            .22 rifles? I beg your pardon sir!

I think you'll find classic UNIT were armed with 7.62mm FN FALs.
            My apologies my good man, without checking my DVDs, I only had a vague recollection of the style of their weaponry. I have no idea why I even said .22, had it not been for your correction I would have amended this myself to say .303, which was the rifle I was thinking of to begin with.

So 7.62mm you say? I think I need to rewatch some of the classic episodes (excellent excuse). I must admit, rifles were never by forte, I'm much more drawn to aircraft and missiles.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching "The Poison Sky", and I thought it interesting that among the countries Capt. Price mentioned as being part of the Global Nuclear defence whatsit were - India, Pakistan and North Korea.

Not exactly a Mastermind level question is it? "Name three countries that aren't supposed to have nuclear weapons."
              sigpic

Comment

That's the one.

Just in time for the 45th Anniversary on the 23rd of November.
                I can't wait for it to come out, I really liked that one

I thought she was good but part of me kept saying "She's no Brigadier", she really didn't get a chance to shine

Just finished watching "The Poison Sky", and I thought it interesting that among the countries Capt. Price mentioned as being part of the Global Nuclear defence whatsit were - India, Pakistan and North Korea.

Not exactly a Mastermind level question is it? "Name three countries that aren't supposed to have nuclear weapons."
                I did have a bit of a chuckle at that, I suppose everyone forgets their differences when the planet's being invaded

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  Really? In that case, I expect there was an accompanying piece on the effect that her pregnancy will have on House Prices.
                  ROFL!!!!!
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

From the BBC regarding Freema Agyeman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...6/dorrit.shtml

Excerpt:

Little Dorrit: cast announced for major BBC One Dickens' adaptation

Bill Paterson (Sea Of Souls) and Janine Duvitski (The Worst Week Of My Life, One Foot In The Grave) are the practical Mr and Mrs Meagles; Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who, Torchwood) is Tattycoram, the foundling companion of the Meagles' daughter Pet, and Maxine Peake (Shameless, Hancock And Joan) plays the mysterious Miss Wade whom the Meagleses meet in Marseilles.

<<<Snip>>>

The 15-part drama series began filming last week (commencing 28 April 2008) and will film throughout the summer in locations in and around London, Buckinghamshire and Kent.

Last edited by LaCroix; 09 May 2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Nice to know Freema's getting some non-Who related work.

But speaking personally, I can't stand costume dramas, so I won't be watching.
                      sigpic

Comment

I ADORE period dramas and own a lot of the BBC ones on DVD - also Bleak House which I loved. I also loved the other announcements on the news site. Tess Of The D'Urbervilles...mmmh I am not a great fan of Thomas Hardy but the book was interesting.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Can I just quantify my last post by saying, although I'm not a fan of costume dramas (Jane Austen and so forth) - I love stuff like Sharpe and Hornblower.

To me, they're costume dramas for men - guns, fighting, battles, killing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Men

I love them all..ESPCIALLY Jane Austen!
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                              Men
                              What???

I'm a bad person cos I happen to think Richard Sharpe could knock Mr. Darcy's teeth in with one hand tied behind his back?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                I ADORE period dramas and own a lot of the BBC ones on DVD - also Bleak House which I loved. I also loved the other announcements on the news site. Tess Of The D'Urbervilles...mmmh I am not a great fan of Thomas Hardy but the book was interesting.
                                Me too. I love Masterpiece Theater. Bleak House was amazing. And the cast for this one looks fantastic- yay for Freema being there.

Comment

Working...
                                X