Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
    We in the states are getting "The new beginins Box set in june yea
    New Beginnings is arriving Down Under in March... Doesn't say anything about extras unfortunately.
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/791756
    Looks terrific... three great stories.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2 View Post
      I would like DVDs of "Warriors Gate", "Battlefield", and the original "The Five Doctors".
      Also "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy".
      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

There appears to be a definite plan for the order of release.

Originally posted by Steve Manfred
        FUTURE INTENTIONS
        At the recent Gallifrey convention in Los Angeles, Steve Roberts of the BBC Restoration Team spoke about the intentions of the DVD producers in the UK for the classic series range. Of particular note were these items:

- There is to be an emphasis on completing seasons, so that a complete box set of those seasons can also be released. Therefore, expect to see more stories from seasons that are already well-represented in an effort to finish those ones off.

- In addition to the usual 3-disc box set once-a-year, there will also be occasional 2-story sets. The stories may either be back-to-back in the chronology of the episodes, or they may be set some distance apart but with some linking element between them. (If they do come from a distance apart, they will be released with their own seperate cases within the box so that they can still be stored chronologically on your shelf.)

- By picking up the pace of release like this, they hope to have the entirety of the classic series (missing episodes excepted) in release by 2012.
        So, for example, Battlefield has a much greater chance of a release in the near future than The Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

The following seasons might be considered "well-represented" in the DVD releases.

Season 1 remaining stories:
        Marco Polo (missing all episodes)
        The Keys of Marinus
        The Sensorites
        The Reign of Terror (two episodes missing)

Season 6 remaining stories:
        The Dominators
        The Krotons
        The Space Pirates (missing five episodes)
        War Games

Season 7 remaining stories:
        The Silurians
        The Ambassadors of Death...both require color restoration

Season 10 remaining stories:
        Frontier in Space
        Planet of the Daleks (requires color restoration for a single episode)

Season 12 remaining stories:
        Robot
        Revenge of the Cybermen

Season 14 remaining stories:
        Masque of Mandragora
        The Deadly Assassin
        The Face of Evil

Season 18 remaining stories:
        Meglos
        Full Circle
        State of Decay
        Warrior's Gate

Season 19 remaining stories:
        Four to Doomsday
        Kinda
        Black Orchid
        Time Flight

Season 22 remaining stories:
        Attack of the Cybermen
        Timelash

Season 26 remaining stories:
        Battlefield

I'd say it's pretty obvious that the First Doctor episodes will be Season 1, the Second Doctor will be Season 6, the Fifth Doctor will be Season 19, the Sixth Doctor will be Season 22, and the Seventh Doctor will be Season 26.

Season 10 for the Third Doctor seems more likely to me because it will be less expensive.

They really have their pick with the Fourth Doctor. If I was them, I'd make the E-Space Trilogy (Full Circle, State of Decay, and Warrior's Gate) the next box set in 2008.

Comment

Isn't only one ep from Planet of the Daleks in b&w
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
            Planet of the Daleks (requires color restoration for a single episode)

Comment

I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere but the new region 2 dvd releases are:

Survival 16th April (I know that one has been mentioned)
              Robot 28th May
              Timelash 25th June

Sig made by Leelakin. Thankyou
              Sybil: I Personally think that John and Liz Make a fantastic couple, they're just so full of sparkyness!

Basil: Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay, special subject the bleedin' obvious!

Comment

They might release The Trial of a timelord as a box set

Comment

Originally posted by Scaramouche View Post
                  Survival 16th April
                  I hope they fixed the sound in that one. It was so fuzzy there were some lines you just couldn't make out. All of Mitch's sister's dialogue, for example.
                  Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Timelash release date has chaned to 9th July
                    A boxset containing Time-flight and Arc of Infinity is being released 6th August

Sybil: I Personally think that John and Liz Make a fantastic couple, they're just so full of sparkyness!

Basil: Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay, special subject the bleedin' obvious!

Comment

they just confermed Robot

Comment

I hope Planet of the Daleks comes out - I've seen Frontier in Space, and want to know what the hell happens next!

Comment

I must admit I would like them to start doing season box sets of the classic series. If they done them in the same box style as the new series, it would make some viewing on a shelf....
                          Season One Box Set with William Hartnell.....loving it...

Comment

Originally posted by icelandicwolf View Post
                            I must admit I would like them to start doing season box sets of the classic series. If they done them in the same box style as the new series, it would make some viewing on a shelf....
                            Season One Box Set with William Hartnell.....loving it...
                            On a shelf? That's a pretty big shelf you got there...

Comment

The region 2 Key to Time boxset is finally being released on 23rd September.

The Time Warrior will also be released 3rd September.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                                I hope Planet of the Daleks comes out - I've seen Frontier in Space, and want to know what the hell happens next!
                                I saw a VHS of it about a year ago and it's good

Comment

Working...
                                X