Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
    I just fail to understand why Tom Baker gets yet ANOTHER release in the form of Hand of Fear when he already has 8 DVDs out. I can understand why Hartnell and Troughton have few available... but McCoy and Colin Baker have no excuses! Hell there are already 5 Pertwee and Davisons as well. Inferno will make that 6 Pertwees.

Come on BBC, play it fair! Let's even the odds a bit and start focusing on giving all the Doctors at least 5 stories.
    Episode-wise, both Colin and Sylvester have very few.

But, like you said, they could have given us another Peter or Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
      Also, January's release is:

"a fan-favourite boxset"

Perhaps We may Get Key to Time finally or perhaps Trial of a Timelord (although I doubt it so soon after Mark of the Rani).

Apparantly it is rumoured that The Sontaran Experiment may be released.
      Very interesting.....
      I hope you guys get The Key to Time. You guys have been made to wait long enough.

there has been an email received by Outpost Gallifreys Admin. They described November's release as:

"a first for classic DVD releases"

Whether this means a 2-parter, a 10-parter, an incomplete story or something I don't know. So what it this "first" then?
      Let me take a stab at this.

Back a little while ago, the BBC released a reconstructed version, from audio and telesnaps, of The Power of the Daleks on MP3-CD, playable only on computer.

It was supposed to be the first of a whole line of reconstructed stories, but nothing else was ever released.

My guess is that they are instead releasing reconstructed stories on DVD.
      They have already done this to fill-in some missing (although abridged) episodes in the VHS line.
      And we've seen this a few times in the DVD line, Marco Polo and The Crusades.

Maybe the BBC has decided to make unabridged reconstructions of those missing stories.
      It would help significantly expand the product line and I think a lot of older fans would go for it.

Just a guess.
      Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 04 June 2006, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        I hope you guys get The Key to Time. You guys have been made to wait long enough.

Let me take a stab at this.

Back a little while ago, the BBC released a reconstructed version, from audio and telesnaps, of The Power of the Daleks on MP3-CD, playable only on computer.

It was supposed to be the first of a whole line of reconstructed stories, but nothing else was ever released.

My guess is that they are instead releasing reconstructed stories on DVD.
        They have already done this to fill-in some missing episodes in the VHS line.

Just a guess.
        I really *really* hope not.

After they've released all complete Who stories on DVD, fine... but until then... please no.

Hey, with any luck, its K9 & Co!

As for the boxset, Key To Time would indeed be absolutely fantastic!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I really *really* hope not.

After they've released all complete Who stories on DVD, fine... but until then... please no.
          Really? To me, it would make for greater variety.

If they had said they were doing something "different", I could have guessed any number of possible releases.

But they said they were doing a "first", which implies "first of many".

As far as firsts go, they've pretty much otherwise run the gamut.

Comment

I'd still rather get all the complete stories first.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I dont see the point as most of the lost episodes are in audioform anyway (and cost £20-£40 each.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I'd still rather get all the complete stories first.
                I agree, that gives them time to find the lost ones
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I just read at www.gallifreyone.com that they are going to release the Invasion, with an animated restoration of the missing eps

Comment

I had posted that already in my MASTER thread. I think ishould have made up a speerate thread about it. Since if this works they will be able to start reconstructing episodes for stories like Marco Polo and the Daleks Masterplan through the soundtrack.

Comment

I said for year animating would be the best reconstruction

Comment

Well done Creed. And these reconstructions look set to be fantastic too.
                        Also DWO as confirmed The Sontaran Experiment as a standard issue release in October. (Standard issue is one disc with few special features)
                        It has also been said that there will be more of these sort of releases coming in 2007.

So this years Classic DVD list is as follows:

August - The Hand of Fear
                        September - The Mark of the Rani
                        October - The Sontaran Experiment
                        November - The Invasion
                        December - (n/a)
                        Januaray - The Return of the Master Boxset/

Comment

Well done Creed. And these reconstructions look set to be fantastic too.
                          Also DWO as confirmed The Sontaran Experiment as a standard issue release in October. (Standard issue is one disc with few special features)
                          It has also been said that there will be more of these sort of releases coming in 2007.

So this years Classic DVD list is as follows:

August - The Hand of Fear
                          September - The Mark of the Rani
                          October - The Sontaran Experiment
                          November - The Invasion
                          December - (n/a)
                          Januaray - The Return of the Master Boxset/
                          Any news on US releases?

Comment

Well at the moment there are only 2 US Classic Releases are
                            Genesis of the Daleks - June 6th
                            Revelation of the Daleks - June 6th

Comment

Region 1 versions of both The Web Planet and Inferno are being released on September 5th.

Comment

Oh... that wasnt on DWO.

Comment

Working...
                                X