Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some tweets from the futoncritic from the Starz panel at TCA:
    Starz at #TCA: Russell T Davies bills the yet-to-be-cast CIA agent Rex Matheson as new viewers' way into the new TORCHWOOD

Starz at #TCA: Production on TORCHWOOD won't begin until January so casting on the new characters hasn't been locked in

Starz at #TCA: TORCHWOOD writing staff includes Jane Espenson, Doris Egan and John Shiban

Starz at #TCA: Like Children of Earth, The New World will be completely serialized, no James Marsters though

Starz at #TCA: Much like every other import/revamp at TCA this year, critics terrified of potential differences from original
    http://twitter.com/thefutoncritic

And some from Afterelton:

#Torchwood New series called Torchwood: The New World. Panel starting now.

#Torchwood John Barrowman def back as Jack. Davies new series will be familiar even if rebooted.

#Torchwood Rex CIA agent has no idea about TW which is now mythological, legend only whispered about.

#Torchwood Russell T Davies loves how much Americans talk about TV. Feels very at home in US.

#Torchood RTD confirms Rhys will be back. Can't imagine Gwen without him.

#Torchwood Children of Earth is template for new series. James Marsters won't be back as Captain John.

#Torchwood Some scenes in Washington, some in Los Angeles. Very fast paced story.

#Torchwood Want The New World to feel like a big global event. Will try to air very closely together.

#Torchwood Have done storylines for the ten episodes.

#Torchwood Rhys now very much part of the team. Knows everything that is going. Says he and Gwen are very sexy

#Torchwood These ten episodes have one story that is answered. Hopes for further Torchwood series. Want to create very intense experience.

#Torchwood Promises no flabby episodes. Every episode packed and moves along.

#Torchwood Promises show will have humor. Says show is fun bc has "John Barrowman is bisexual Cap Jack. How fun is that to say?"

#Torchwood Says has a "Bourne Identity feel" but will always be about the characters which is what people are drawn too.

#Torchwood Asked if sexier on Starz. RTD Says, "I did QAF. Biggest and boldest nude scenes of all time. Will go there if story demands it

#Torchwood Hard to do nudity in big global thriller but will go there if need be -- no matter who in the bed. End of panel! Spartacus next!
    http://twitter.com/AfterElton

Comment

First he created QAF, then he destroyed it. Now he's going to do the same with S4 of Torchwood. No thanks.

Comment

It's been too americanized and "sexed-up" now. At least when it was solely a Cardiff production, that it was a great series. I don't expect season 4 to meet what ever it's current predicted ratings to be.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

6 ways Torchwood's new season will change everything

Torchwood: The New World doesn't even start filming until next year, but did we get big news today! Series creator Russell T. Davies attended the Television Critics Association fall press tour to preview his return to Torchwood and revealed six ways the new Torchwood will be bigger and better than ever before.

continues:
          http://blastr.com/2010/08/6-ways-torchwoods-new-sea.php

Comment

Have you people watched the same Torchwood as me? It was always sexed up. It's hard for not to be sexed up when Owen shags everything that looks his way, when Rhys is walking past the camera with his bare naked ass getting a lot of attention and of course Gwen walking in on Jack and Ianto. The only thing that stopped it from being "Americanised" was the fact that when this stuff happened, it was also funny.

Captain John wanted to shag a poodle at one point. I'm not going to fully judge it until it's done. I'm not happy with the American writers and would prefer RTD and the other Torchwood writers to do it, but beggars can't be choosers.

sigpic

Comment

Eh, i'm okay with the writers....

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. (I don't remember seeing it.)

New 'Torchwood' to follow 'Earth'
                LOS ANGELES, Aug. 9 (UPI) -- "Torchwood" creator Russell T. Davies says the fourth season of the U.K. sci-fi show will pick up where its 2009 miniseries "Children of Earth" left off.

Full article.
                New Torchwood to follow 'Earth'
                sigpic
                The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
                My art and writing site

Comment

Did we really need a ex CIA agent, while not something original, A ex KGB Agent instead or how about this is a British organisation an let keep it British, with British personnel operating world wide. Using an abusing anyone that gets in there way.

Reading more I hope the CIA declare them enemies an I hope tourchwood just crushes them when they get to close to the Jack an Gwen

I so hope Jack is not running tourchwood anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Did we really need a ex CIA agent, while not something original, A ex KGB Agent instead or how about this is a British organisation an let keep it British, with British personnel operating world wide. Using an abusing anyone that gets in there way.

Reading more I hope the CIA declare them enemies an I hope tourchwood just crushes them when they get to close to the Jack an Gwen

I so hope Jack is not running tourchwood anymore.
                    Well if the Americans are funding it (partially), we have to put up with such choices. I'm just glad it's something more used or predictable like DHS or FBI. That said, NSA would be an interesting choice. Have some NSA agents come across alien or alien inspired signals that lead new characters to seek out or come face to face with Torchwood.

Personally, I think DARPA would have been a good choice.

sigpic

Comment

Do DARPA even have agents, I thought they were a research a development agency.
                      But that would been fun if they were just a front for America version of Tourchwood through.
                      I just think CIA is to predictable an boring, but thank god it not the FBI again.

Comment

DARPA doesn't have agents, but it would have been people who work for DARPA. These guys have invented a lot of cool stuff (internet, stealth technology, GPS) plus their failures are pretty awesome too (telepathy, using nuclear bombs in space to propel a spaceship which sounds mad) so I don't see why people working for DARPA couldn't end up being interested in alien tech, getting their hands on alien or trying to use alien tech for some new invention.

DARPA would be original, instead of Feds or Spooks, and would also make sense too from an interest in alien point of view since developing new technologies is right up their alley.

sigpic

Comment

I would not say there nuclear bomb powered space craft was a failure, the idea does actually work, an they also manage to massively decrease the amount of radiation that the bombs would of cause.

While it may still not of been a good idea to launch it in atmosphere an orbital launch or deep space use as a propulsion system it was proven to be a viable an workable propulsion system.

An it more to do with politics than anything else that all work stopped on such technology.

But more about Tourchwood yes it would of been more original an they could had them being rivals to perhaps.
                          I find it hard that they would consider Torchwood legend an fairytales after just two years of them being non operational, which seems unlikely to me.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 12 August 2010, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I would not say there nuclear bomb powered space craft was a failure, the idea does actually work, an they also manage to massively decrease the amount of radiation that the bombs would of cause.

While it may still not of been a good idea to launch it in atmosphere an orbital launch or deep space use as a propulsion system it was proven to be a viable an workable propulsion system.

An it more to do with politics than anything else that all work stopped on such technology.

But more about Tourchwood yes it would of been more original an they could had them being rivals to perhaps.
                            I find it hard that they would consider Tourchwood legend an fairytales after just two years out of them being non operational, which seems unlikely to me.
                            I gotta agree about this. But on the other hand Torchwood did defeat the 456 which was a global event. And with UNIT also being involved and having bases all across the world and connections with various agencies I could see word-of-mouth spreading about Torchwood.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Eh, i'm okay with the writers....
                              I've only heard of Jane Espenson and I only consider her to be an average writer. However John Shiban wrote for Breaking Bad which is an awesome show so he's gotta be pretty good.

Tourchwood
                              It's Torchwood, not Tourchwood.
                              sigpic

Comment

I find it hard that they would consider Torchwood legend an fairytales after just two years out of them being non operational, which seems unlikely to me.
                                I thought that too. Two years isn't that long, so I'm not sure I buy the whole "stuff of legends" line. But maybe the writers will find a way to sell it to me. *shrug*
                                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Working...
                                X