Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what director Euros Lynn said about janto in s3 (no plot spoilers):

Spoiler:

"I think that the Ianto and Jack love story is really integral to season three and takes us on a journey and allows us to explore the nature of their relationship in a way that has never happened before on Torchwood. So it's definitely worth tuning in for season three to find out what happens to them."

source: AfterElton.com
    EDIT:Janto in s3 (from GDL's interview for the latest issue of TW magazine):
    Spoiler:

TW MAG: Will we see a lot of character development between Jack and Ianto during the series?

GDL: "It leads on from where it left off in series two, really. They're trying to find their feet with each other, and having a little bit of teething trouble. Ianto has some difficulty dealing with the fact Jack lives forever, but that's true of any couple where one half is immortal! The feelings are still there, and there are some genuinely tender moments between them. I'm not going to say any more than that, though. It would be giving too much away!"
    YAY!
    Last edited by zuz; 22 February 2009, 05:29 AM.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

You can watch a video interview with Eve Myles and Euros Lyn here at Spoiler Geeks. They're discussing s3, so beware of spoilers [nothing major though].
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood magazine comic strip "Ice Monsters" available online on UKTV.

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/gallery/aid/612675

EDIT: qaffangyrl went through recent GDL's interviews and gathered some S3 Ianto SPOILERS. You can read them here.
        Last edited by zuz; 28 February 2009, 12:03 AM.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SCIFI PULSE has a preview of the Torchwood comic "The Tale Of The Selkie" co-written by John Barrowman and his sister Carole for the TW Magazine: John Barrowman’s Comic Strip Adventure

The story, titled, ‘Captain Jack and the Selkie’, sees Captain Jack facing a deadly threat on a remote Scottish island, where people are disappearing one by one… To his horror, Jack starts to suspect he may know who – or perhaps more specifically what – is responsible…
          io9 has a nice picture gallery for the comic: How Does John Barrowman See Captain Jack?

Total scifi has interview with Carole Barrowman about the comic: When Selkies Attack

Tommy Lee Edwards (author of these gorgeous illustrations) writes about the comic in his blog:
          TLE & Torchwood

Last edited by zuz; 22 February 2009, 01:52 AM.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

The art is noice! I hope the story lives up to it.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              This is what director Euros Lynn said about janto in s3 (no plot spoilers):

EDIT:Janto in s3 (from GDL's interview for the latest issue of TW magazine):
              Spoiler:

TW MAG: Will we see a lot of character development between Jack and Ianto during the series?

GDL: "It leads on from where it left off in series two, really. They're trying to find their feet with each other, and having a little bit of teething trouble. Ianto has some difficulty dealing with the fact Jack lives forever, but that's true of any couple where one half is immortal! The feelings are still there, and there are some genuinely tender moments between them. I'm not going to say any more than that, though. It would be giving too much away!"
              YAY!
              I really, really like the sound of all of this
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

As long as Ianto doesn't have an untimely dimise, I'll be happy.

Comment

If immortality could be a sexually transmitted disease, then Ianto's very safe.
                  Sorry, that just came out.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    If immortality could be a sexually transmitted disease, then Ianto's very safe.
                    Sorry, that just came out.
                    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                    sigpic

Comment

FearNET has an exclusive interview with Eve Myles and Director Euros Lyn: Talk 'Torchwood' Season 3!
                      [with lots of spoilers]

excerpts under spoilers:

Eve Myles on missing Owen and Tosh and on possibility of Gwack in s3 ():
                      Spoiler:
                      With the deaths of her two teammates in the previous season has Gwen risen in leadership in the team?

Absolutely. It's heightened that what she does is very dangerous, and it's also heightened her commitment to Torchwood. She could have easily walked away from it there and then, and lived in ignorance, but she didn't. She fought back, which Gwen does all the time. She just fights, fights, fights. She fights back with an astonishing kind of power. It's wonderful, but then there's moments in the series where we keep going back to the story of Tosh and Owen. I have a picture on my desk, and Gwen looks at it every morning when she says good morning to them. It's a symbol to her, it's a symbol of how important life is, and it shows her how important her job is.
                      Regarding one of her other teammates… There's always been a romantic spark between her and Jack. Do you think that spark should be fanned, or do you think she's best with her husband Rhys?

I think that lovely mixture of will-they-won't-they is always wonderful to watch. It's great drama, and it's very sexy. Sometimes John [Barrowman] and I don't even have lines, but we make sure there's a constant connection between the two characters. It's great to play. It's a fantastic thing to play. But it's kind of like feeding the baby when it's not hungry – do you know what I mean?

There's not a need?

I don't think so. I think there's more drama … I'm not saying I wouldn't love to snog John Barrowman – I would. But there's more drama in it not happening, I think. I think the chase is far more interesting than the catch. That's my personal psycho mind. [Laughs.]
                      Euros Lyn on additions to the team in s3:
                      Spoiler:
                      Getting back to Torchwood, can you talk about the additions to the team that we might see this series?

I think originally we planned on bringing Mickey and Martha Jones back, and they were gonna be part of the Torchwood team's project. Unfortunately, with Noel, who plays Mickey, and Freema, who plays Martha, being tied to successful acting careers in their own right, they had to go off and do their own things. But there are new characters. We've got a new character called Lois, who is a bit of a reluctant hero, she's a bit of an everygirl, and finds herself accidentally right in the middle of our story, and she's forced to make a choice. Is she gonna join in the struggle, or is she gonna do what the government's telling her. And her journey is really important and central to the series. We've also got a character played by Peter Capaldi. He plays a character called Frobisher, who's a middle-ranking, gray civil servant, who's done nothing but work hard all his life and keep his head down and never stick his head above the parapet. He's kind of cast right into the heart of our story.

It sounds like Lois is reminiscent of Gwen when she was first introduced on Torchwood. Might we see Gwen looking at herself on the other side of the fence in this tale?

One of the things about Russell's writing that's very interesting is that he wants to write stories about ordinary people. When you write stories about saving the earth, you could write a story about a president or the leader of a country. But Russell wants to write stories about the ordinary person on the street who gets thrust into the heart of the adventure. Like Rose in Doctor Who, Gwen in Torchwood, and now Lois, it's very much the story of the ordinary person who finds themselves in extraordinary circumstances.

Is there a chance we may see these two new characters in future stories?

Who knows. Both Frobisher and Lois are fantastic characters played by brilliant actors. Who knows.
                      Euros Lyn on Jack and Janto in s3:
                      Spoiler:
                      What can you say about what's in store for Captain Jack in season 3?

In season 3, we get to glimpse aspects of Jack's past, terrible things that Jack has done in the past, that he finds very difficult to have to live with. And obviously not being able to die means he has to live with them for a very long time. So this is a character who's got these stains on his soul. We also get to learn a lot more about his relationship with Ianto, the nature of their relationship.

Is it hard to tell suspenseful stories about a man who can't die?

Absolutely. There are quite a few moments in season 3 where "Will Jack survive this event?" And you know in the back of your mind he always does, so the prospect of death means nothing to him. There's a higher price that he has to pay – there's a moral price. There's a price of loneliness. There are things worse than death.

source
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Rex Features picture library has lots of s3 photos (Pity they are so small)

preview

spoilery pics
                        Spoiler:

behind-the-scenes fun
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Director Euros Lyn Talks Torchwood, Tennant's Doctor Who Farewell

Euros Lyn will stand at the center of the British sci-fi world in 2009.

In addition to shooting each of the five episodes of Torchwood's third season, the Welsh television director will also oversee this year's final Doctor Who episode, in which David Tennant transforms into Matt Smith.

"It's been an endurance test," Lyn told Wired.com. "It was a 16-week shoot for the Torchwood season -- longer than most feature films. But the intensity keeps you focused on the work."

Lyn is careful not to divulge too much in the way of spoilers for the new season of Torchwood, BBC's Doctor Who spinoff that delves into activities at the fictional Torchwood Institute, a Welsh organization that investigates aliens that walk among us.

But he did elaborate on some of the whispers that are already out there.

"When we catch up to our characters, they've mourned the loss of Owen (played by Burn Gorman) and Tosh (Naoko Mori) and are trying to move on," Lyn explained. Owen and Tosh sacrificed themselves to save their friends in the second season's finale.

"For the first time, we'll see Torchwood facing a threat from home while they're also investigating an alien invasion. When they try to discover why all the children in the world have suddenly stopped at the same time, Torchwood also has to deal with human beings who are trying to hide a past mistake."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AizV9vmGG0

<go to the link for the whole story>

Source
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 09 March 2009, 12:08 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Just a friendly mod reminder

Please do not repost entire articles here. It's rude and infringes on their copyright

The proper way is to post a bit, then a link to the whole thing on whatever site it originates from

that way you spread the word here and they get the hits of people reading their stuff

Thanks
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gareth David-Lloyd is the newest addition to the line-up for the Torchsong Chicago Convention

Torchsong Chicago

The con is June 5-7, 2009 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

John Barrowman talks 'Torchwood', 'Who'

With Torchwood: Children Of Earth finally due to arrive on our screens in the not-too-distant future, the time was right for a catch-up with John Barrowman. So many questions: What can we expect from this new-format series three? Will there be a fourth series? And will he return to Doctor Who to wave off David Tennant? Struggling to contain our excitement and with our spoiler-scoops fully primed, we shared a pizza with the big man to find out more.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1529...hwood-who.html

Comment

Working...
                                X