This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Presumably they were interested more in someone who could act, rather than if they happened to look a bit like the character from the comic, and David Morissey is a far better actor than Danny Trejo.
    Plus you can't deny that looks are important to the business. Every character he portraied is similar with the Governor, bad, mean, gross, almost every time an drug dealer or cartel goon. He already has experience with this type of character.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Robert Kirkman answers a couple of questions to EW re: David Morrissey's casting:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you decide to cast David Morrissey as The Governor?

ROBERT KIRKMAN: We were looking for David Morrissey is the answer to that. We were looking for that perfect guy and he turned out to be it. It was a long, grueling casting process but I think that after the success of cast members like Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan (who is Philadelphia-born, but in large part U.K.-raised) we have learned the value of a British actor. David Morrissey, more than any other actor we were looking at, came in and definitely understood the role, was excited about doing it justice, and was willing to take the heat of coming in and being such a well known, beloved character that people have expectations for. He’s looking forward to playing a villain, which is pretty exciting.

Speaking of heat, have you warned him that it tends to be as hot as the surface of the sun when you’re shooting in Atlanta?
      We’ve been trying to keep that from him. Andrew Lincoln is actually pretty good friends with David Morrissey and we’ve instructed him to tell him about the cool, welcoming climate of Atlanta in the summer. We’ll be like, “Wow, it’s really hot this summer. I don’t know what happened!”

I believe makeup effects legend and actor Tom Savini was campaigning for the role of The Governor. Has he called to shout at you yet?
      [Laughs] I wish! I’m a huge fan of Tom Savini. I personally haven’t heard from him yet. I’m sure that Greg Nicotero [Walking Dead executive producer and Savini's fellow makeup maestro] is getting an earful. But, look, as fantastic an actor as Tom Savini is, he just wasn’t right for this particular role.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/02/wa...vid-morrissey/
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Tomorrow nights episode should be pretty freaking awesome.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Can't for the next episode
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I am definitely looking forward to the ep tonight But is anyone (and I'm a bit late in bringing this up) disappointed in the predictability...or the triteness of the events in "Triggerfinger"? I mean I really didn't like how ...
            Spoiler:
            the plot and decisions of the players were just cheap typical horror scenario set ups Give me a break... Lori goes out alone....to look for Rick...and bring him back? Why? She knew he was aware of the gravity of Hershel's daughters illness and then the whole deal with the walker's it being broad daylight when she wrecked and when Rick shot the dude in the bar and then the next ep it's pitch dark? And I would go along with that but then they didn't show that any real time had passed in the bar as they replayed the shooting and then took it from there. Then the whole....we are killing these strangers. ANd we gotta go and get out of here but then they risk all their lives attempting to save the one dude....and Oh Hershel is going to attempt amputation while walkers are coming at them?? PLease!! I had to eye roll at all those decisions. And then why go through all that just to say you are going to take him out and leave him somewhere for him to surely die?? I mean really I just don't get their actions? But I guess when you are in desperate times you do desperate sometimes irrational things. I just felt some of those elements were only cheap plot devices to horrify it all up...which I'm all for the horror elements ...but I have always felt what makes this show strong is the morality of the players set against their dire circumstances and their relationships to one another....their dilemma and decisions and if those really fail to make sense or they are just seemingly only making random irrational decisions then it sort of loses it's grip IMO. Sorry to sort of rant on this....and if I'm doing this in the wrong thread...but I just wanted others opinion on this, because I do really like this show and I pray the writers don't go down that "sacrifice good story telling for the sake of sheer horror" road.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I am counting down the hours now.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                I am definitely looking forward to the ep tonight But is anyone (and I'm a bit late in bringing this up) disappointed in the predictability...or the triteness of the events in "Triggerfinger"? I mean I really didn't like how ...
                Spoiler:
                the plot and decisions of the players were just cheap typical horror scenario set ups Give me a break... Lori goes out alone....to look for Rick...and bring him back? Why? She knew he was aware of the gravity of Hershel's daughters illness and then the whole deal with the walker's it being broad daylight when she wrecked and when Rick shot the dude in the bar and then the next ep it's pitch dark? And I would go along with that but then they didn't show that any real time had passed in the bar as they replayed the shooting and then took it from there. Then the whole....we are killing these strangers. ANd we gotta go and get out of here but then they risk all their lives attempting to save the one dude....and Oh Hershel is going to attempt amputation while walkers are coming at them?? PLease!! I had to eye roll at all those decisions. And then why go through all that just to say you are going to take him out and leave him somewhere for him to surely die?? I mean really I just don't get their actions? But I guess when you are in desperate times you do desperate sometimes irrational things. I just felt some of those elements were only cheap plot devices to horrify it all up...which I'm all for the horror elements ...but I have always felt what makes this show strong is the morality of the players set against their dire circumstances and their relationships to one another....their dilemma and decisions and if those really fail to make sense or they are just seemingly only making random irrational decisions then it sort of loses it's grip IMO. Sorry to sort of rant on this....and if I'm doing this in the wrong thread...but I just wanted others opinion on this, because I do really like this show and I pray the writers don't go down that "sacrifice good story telling for the sake of sheer horror" road.
                Spoiler:

The only thing i was dissapointed about is that the walker didnt get her , really dont like Lori, she's currently my least favorite character of any show

Oh Yeah we saved your life but now your ****ed hey don't look at us your lucky you didnt lose your ****ing leg.... now run along home we want nothing to do with you, oh wait there's walkers around this area that were leaving you in, and you went to school with maggie.... now we have to bring you home with us even tho that means your gonna know where we are, and then we may eventually have to kill you anyway.......

mini rant off

I think there just going through and making random dumbass decisions.... i mean having recently lost Sofia, and being at arms (almost literally in shane's case) with hershel it's just not a good situation for everyone involved

Still an awesome show
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

12. Better Angels
                  Airing Friday 16 March on FX UK
                  Spoiler:

The group learns that someone dangerous may be on the loose near the farm. As night falls, Rick, Shane, Daryl and Glenn comb the woods to handle the situation and keep the group safe.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    Spoiler:

The only thing i was dissapointed about is that the walker didnt get her , really dont like Lori, she's currently my least favorite character of any show

Oh Yeah we saved your life but now your ****ed hey don't look at us your lucky you didnt lose your ****ing leg.... now run along home we want nothing to do with you, oh wait there's walkers around this area that were leaving you in, and you went to school with maggie.... now we have to bring you home with us even tho that means your gonna know where we are, and then we may eventually have to kill you anyway.......

mini rant off

I think there just going through and making random dumbass decisions.... i mean having recently lost Sofia, and being at arms (almost literally in shane's case) with hershel it's just not a good situation for everyone involved

Still an awesome show
                    yeah I hear ya.....rant away. I agree... I think they are about as bat**** crazy as you can be and still functioning.....somewhat I mean who wouldn't be in their situation....so it's understandable
                    Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I had a thought after the last episode that aired here in the UK (18 Miles Out)
                      With all the blood spattering around when they are killing zombies, and some of it going on their faces, wouldnt they become infected by digesting the blood?
                      Or as we supposed to just assume they dont get it in their mouths?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        I had a thought after the last episode that aired here in the UK (18 Miles Out)
                        With all the blood spattering around when they are killing zombies, and some of it going on their faces, wouldnt they become infected by digesting the blood?
                        Or as we supposed to just assume they dont get it in their mouths?
                        Big big comic spoiler, which I suspect is the case in the show and we just haven't been given the reveal yet:

Spoiler:
                        Everyone is infected, but it doesn't affect you till you're dead.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Big big comic spoiler, which I suspect is the case in the show and we just haven't been given the reveal yet:

Spoiler:
                          Everyone is infected, but it doesn't affect you till you're dead.
                          So according to the comics, and maybe later in the show...
                          Spoiler:
                          When a walker bites and kills you, its not some virus or anything like that that brings you back/re animates you, its actually just because you died and its something thats already inside you that brings you back?
                          That begs the question what???
                          Interesting concept...

Comment

Yes, that's pretty much exactly right.

Spoiler:
                            Everyone is already infected, and the bite does kill you faster; but because everyone is already infected, anybody who dies for any reason will come back as a walker.

It's what I firmly believe Dr. Jenner told Rick at the end of Season 1, since he did blood tests on all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Yes, that's pretty much exactly right.
                              Spoiler:
                              Everyone is already infected, and the bite does kill you faster; but because everyone is already infected, anybody who dies for any reason will come back as a walker.
                              It's what I firmly believe Dr. Jenner told Rick at the end of Season 1, since he did blood tests on all of them.
                              Spoiler:
                              Actually the infection an subsequent fever is what kills you, if you amputate the affected member the victim will survive and not transform.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              So according to the comics, and maybe later in the show...
                              Spoiler:
                              When a walker bites and kills you, its not some virus or anything like that that brings you back/re animates you, its actually just because you died and its something thats already inside you that brings you back?
                              That begs the question what???
                              Interesting concept...
                              Spoiler:
                              No, no the virus brings you back, the bite kills you because of infection
                              Last edited by Steelbox; 06 March 2012, 11:32 AM.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

No....

In the comic
                                Spoiler:
                                Everyone is infected. Bite will kill you (barring quick amputation as you say) but you're already infected anyway. Remember Rick going and digging up Shane?
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 March 2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X