• Show
Clear All

Watching Triggerfinger now
    sigpic

Comment

10. 18 Miles Out
      Airing Friday 2 March on FX UK

Spoiler:
      Rick and Shane come into conflict over the fate of an outsider. Andrea helps Hershel’s youngest daughter face a crucial decision.

Comment

These past two episodes have been amazing. I have no doubt that this next episode will be a good one too. Sunday can't get here fast enough.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm a couple of episodes behind but this season has been awesome, now that Chuck has ended it might just be my favorite show
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Biiiiig Season 3 casting news spoiler! Less so if you've read the comic, but still.

SEASON 3 PLOT/CASTING NEWS IN SPOILER TAG
            Spoiler:
            David Morrissey cast as The Governor

AMC has announced that British actor David Morrissey is to play the role of the The Governor in the third season of The Walking Dead. Morrissey is best known for his starring role in the original U.K. TV version of State of Play. His many other credits include the Red Riding trilogy, Centurion, Doctor Who, and The Deal, in which he played future British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

The Governor is the most famous villain to have appeared in the Walking Dead comic and fans have long speculated who might play the role. Rumored possible candidates included Eastbound & Down star John Hawkes while special effects legend Tom Savini had actively campaigned for the role, in part because of his resemblance to the character.

The third season of the Walking Dead will comprise 16 episodes and starts production in Atlanta this spring.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Biiiiig Season 3 casting news spoiler! Less so if you've read the comic, but still.

SEASON 3 PLOT/CASTING NEWS IN SPOILER TAG
              Spoiler:
              David Morrissey cast as The Governor

AMC has announced that British actor David Morrissey is to play the role of the The Governor in the third season of The Walking Dead. Morrissey is best known for his starring role in the original U.K. TV version of State of Play. His many other credits include the Red Riding trilogy, Centurion, Doctor Who, and The Deal, in which he played future British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

The Governor is the most famous villain to have appeared in the Walking Dead comic and fans have long speculated who might play the role. Rumored possible candidates included Eastbound & Down star John Hawkes while special effects legend Tom Savini had actively campaigned for the role, in part because of his resemblance to the character.

The third season of the Walking Dead will comprise 16 episodes and starts production in Atlanta this spring.

Well that was a choice that no one saw coming, but I think it might work. I've seen him in lots of stuff here in the UK and David Morrissey is a very good actor.

Comment

I think it's a very odd choice, personally. He doesn't look the part at all, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that would make me think he'd fit the role.

That said, the casting to this point has been absolutely on the nose, so I'm completely prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and just wait to see how it works out.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Definitely an interesting casting choice. Hopefully he can fill those shoes.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

11. Judge, Jury, Executioner
                    Airing Friday 9 March on FX UK
                    Spoiler:

Rick sides with Shane on an important decision, causing Dale to worry that the group is losing its humanity. Carl’s actions have unintended consequences on the group.

Comment

I liked David Morrisey in the next doctor, while it wasnt my favorite doctor who special his acting was pretty good, hopefully he will be good in s3
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Definitely an interesting casting choice. Hopefully he can fill those shoes.
                        Mazzara come into the office, casting director says:
                        We have two options for the Governor.

Hummm... no!
                        governor.JPG

Me likey! Just had to add the eye patch.
                        dannygovernor.jpg
                        Last edited by Steelbox; 29 February 2012, 05:08 AM.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          Mazzara come into the office, casting director says:
                          We have two options for the Governor.

Hummm... no!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]33951[ATTACH]

Me likey! Just had to add the eye patch.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]33952[ATTACH]
                          Presumably they were interested more in someone who could act, rather than if they happened to look a bit like the character from the comic, and David Morissey is a far better actor than Danny Trejo.

Comment

I will give those in charge the benefit of the doubt. They haven't let me down thus far. If they think Mr. Morissey can play the Governor, I will trust in that.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              Presumably they were interested more in someone who could act, rather than if they happened to look a bit like the character from the comic, and David Morissey is a far better actor than Danny Trejo.
                              I have seen Danny's performance in Sons Of Anarchy, very good and convincing. He may have no prior education in acting but for me he has an natural ability for this.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Danny T is a great choice.
                                He can do serious and silly.
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X