• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    No....

In the comic
    Spoiler:
    Everyone is infected. Bite will kill you (barring quick amputation as you say) but you're already infected anyway. Remember Rick going and digging up Shane?
    Spoiler wars? I agree with you. But
    Spoiler:
    what i had in mind is that, you are already infected by the zumbification virus, right, but what causes the fever that finally kills could be something alse. I was thinking more like the komodo dragon, it bits you, you get infected by dozens of deadly bacterias, fungus and the likes (completaly true, the zombies are walking rotting flesh, infected by bacterias, corpses and i wont believe you if you say that they brush their teeth ) and you would die but since you are to weak to fight back the dragon just eats you alive. The dragon in this analogy is the zumbification virus. Remember as Jim said that he could feel "it" coming? Thats why they amputate, to prevent the subsequent infection from spreading, giving you fever and killing you.

But, sure, there is no backing of this neither in the comic nor in the tv series but i don't think it is too far fetched.
    Last edited by Steelbox; 06 March 2012, 11:32 AM.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

All these spoilers make me so curious...
      sigpic

Comment

lol I couldn't resist all the spoiler tags and just opened them all, I'm so weak
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          lol I couldn't resist all the spoiler tags and just opened them all, I'm so weak
          Over the years, I have come to live for spoilers. I love them.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not looking at the spoilers. Though tempting it may be!

I'm thinking that there's no way the writers are making this huge mistake with all the blood splatter. I'm thinking there's more to how you become a Zombie than getting blood in your system. And I'm thinking maybe Rick knows something about it. We still don't know what that scientist whispered in his ear.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

all I can say is............
              Spoiler:
              NOOOOOOOOOOOO DALE!!! DId anyone else cry their eyes out??
              This show just continues to yank at my heart strings so much more than any zombie/horror show/movie/series that I've ever watched. but just a mini rant... does anyone else want to whack Carl upside the head sometimes?

I think that spoiler makes sense...but...
              Spoiler:
              what caused the mass die off? I mean you have the cars littering the highway and such and so obviously you had people just dying right where they stood right? So if everyone is already infected what kills some and not others? Maybe it's in the saliva that activates the virus...when you are bitten?? Why would it activate when you die?....even of natural causes? Maybe some have a natural immunity to it? SO does anyone else speculate that Dale will come back then as a walker or because Daryl shot him in the head he doesn't have a chance to come back as one? Sorry so many questions... I love this show
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                all I can say is............
                Spoiler:
                NOOOOOOOOOOOO DALE!!! DId anyone else cry their eyes out??
                This show just continues to yank at my heart strings so much more than any zombie/horror show/movie/series that I've ever watched. but just a mini rant... does anyone else want to whack Carl upside the head sometimes?

I think that spoiler makes sense...but...
                Spoiler:
                what caused the mass die off? I mean you have the cars littering the highway and such and so obviously you had people just dying right where they stood right? So if everyone is already infected what kills some and not others? Maybe it's in the saliva that activates the virus...when you are bitten?? Why would it activate when you die?....even of natural causes? Maybe some have a natural immunity to it? SO does anyone else speculate that Dale will come back then as a walker or because Daryl shot him in the head he doesn't have a chance to come back as one? Sorry so many questions... I love this show
                Spoiler:
                Following with the show and comic premise, Dale will not return as a Walker since his was shot in the head. I wish Dale was not killed in this last episode, there was a lot of things to do with him before that, like in the comic.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

DANG! Wish I hadnt read those last two spoiler posts!
                  Ah well, still dont know how...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    DANG! Wish I hadnt read those last two spoiler posts!
                    Ah well, still dont know how...
                    It is not named spoiler because of it's fanciness.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to stay away from this thread, those spoilers are too tempting to read.

I haven't read any of the books, but the theory I have right now is..I'll just tag it just in case.
                      Spoiler:
                      They are all infected and it kicks in when they die. How they all got infected could be through blood splatter or some other way. And Rick knows something more than the others, but I don't know if it is this or something else.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Over the years, I have come to live for spoilers. I love them.
                        I used to love looking for spoilers, and love being spoiled, but then I realized that I enjoy things a bit more if I'm surprised, and don't know everything that's coming. So now I try to avoid spoilers most of the time, and I only go actively looking for them if I'm concerned about the direction a show I like might be taking.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sunday night can't get here soon enough for me. I know we only have two episodes left, but I still can't wait to see this next episode.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't do spoilers now either...ever since my BSG obsession where I was the spoiler whore from hell and then it crushed me at the end *sigh*

But now I'll read them .. I just don't get as invested in a show anymore after BSG.... I seriously have PTSD...from that ending

Back OT: Can't wait for this week's ep either....nope I'm not invested at all *giggles*
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I am starting to count down the hours now. Come on, 9pm.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

...Well...

THAT was interesting...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X