Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Virtual Watch Party !!SPOILERS for Ep 1 & 2!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching it now... im late to the party i know
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Watching it now... im late to the party i know
      yuppers...the party had shut down and everyone went to bed!
      sigpic

Comment

I just finished watching it on my DVR and I have to say, I'm really impressed. I did not expect to be even remotely impressed by this series given that A) Star Trek's Branon Braga is involved with it B) It involves time travel which at this point in time is an over-used plot device in sci-fi C) The story reminded me too much of Avatar. While I enjoyed Avatar as a sci-fi film the movie was a bit to preachy for my tastes and I didn't really want to watch a TV series that would be preachy to me like that on a weekly basis

But thankfully, even though in the beginning it was a LITTLE preachy, it seems that they toned it down for this which makes me happy. The visual effects are the best I've seen in a TV series since Battlestar Galactica. In other words, film quality! Characters are interesting, acting is good and the dinos were awesome. Okay, a question for all you dino experts: are these real dinosaurs we're seeing that actually DID exist or are they making stuff up? Also, does anybody know if we'll see some more familiar dinosaurs like the T-Rex or velociraptor (and not the over-sized JP ones but ones that are more proper-size)? The series really did have a bit of a Jurassic Park meets Avatar vibe to it but in a good way. The dinos sort of make the dinos in Jurassic Park look dated!

Anyway, I hope that regular episodes of the series keep up the pacing of the pilot and I hope that this is successful. If they keep this level of pacing then this is gonna be a wild series, and I can easily see this becoming the next Lost (in terms of popularity). I hope FOX doesn't make a bone-headed move like canceling Fringe over this though, because its still my favorite sci-fi show on TV.

Also, something I was thinking while watching this - obviously something happened to the dinosaurs years ago. Some say it was an asteroid colliding with earth...what's their plan for surviving that and any ice age?
        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Terra Nova needs it's own sub-forum.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
            Terra Nova needs it's own sub-forum.
            I already requested one...
            sigpic

Comment

A bunch of this show was sooooo contrived...
              anyone willing to start guessing cancellation dates?
              lol .... don't get your knikkers in nots

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              At the time of this posting I'm just under one hour into the show...

Interesting that they covered up the issue of changing the past with the idea of creating a new time stream. I wonder how they didn't create a new time stream with each group that got sent to the past...

I find the family to be a bit cliche. The smart daughter, the cute youngest child, and the rebellious son.

I feel kind of meh about it atm.

regards,
              G.
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

so what are they going to do when that nice asteroid comes a knockin and near wipes out all life on earth and actually starts the evolutionary process. (hope i'm remembering my science right.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  so what are they going to do when that nice asteroid comes a knockin and near wipes out all life on earth and actually starts the evolutionary process. (hope i'm remembering my science right.)
                  Well, I would venture to say they're quite a bit away from that event, and remember...they're in another timeline now. So, the asteroid may not be coming.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Well, I would venture to say they're quite a bit away from that event, and remember...they're in another timeline now. So, the asteroid may not be coming.
                    Umm, I'm pretty sure that events on earth won't affect celestial bodies who knows how far away. The sucker's coming, the only question is whether they can set up a deflection scheme before it hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Umm, I'm pretty sure that events on earth won't affect celestial bodies who knows how far away. The sucker's coming, the only question is whether they can set up a deflection scheme before it hits.
                      They established its a different time stream so this sounds more like it is an alternate time rather than just going back in time. So events may occur differently. Though I would agree in saying that if that is not the case, then they are already doomed and I guess we know how the show ends
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Its a different timeline...so "celestial bodies" might be affected.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        They established its a different time stream so this sounds more like it is an alternate time rather than just going back in time. So events may occur differently. Though I would agree in saying that if that is not the case, then they are already doomed and I guess we know how the show ends
                        Exactly...however...they know the asteroid is coming and where it will strike. They could try to develop something to take out the asteroid.
                        sigpic

Comment

In a few million years time when it hits, they will watch the awesome scene from the observation decks of their spaceships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            I already requested one...
                            Good Man.

As is mentioned in the other thread, they've travelled back 85 Million years in time. This Asteroid isn't suppose to hit until 65 Million BC (I think), so they've got at least 20 Million years to prepare for that.

Think what we've accomplished in 2011 years. I think, with an extra 20 million years to prepare, they'll be alright.
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                              Good Man.

As is mentioned in the other thread, they've travelled back 85 Million years in time. This Asteroid isn't suppose to hit until 65 Million BC (I think), so they've got at least 20 Million years to prepare for that.

Think what we've accomplished in 2011 years. I think, with an extra 20 million years to prepare, they'll be alright.
                              I agree...and it was stated that its an alternate timeline...so the asteroid may never rear its ugly head...
                              sigpic

Comment

We got our sub-folder! I requested that this thread be moved over there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X