Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree...I hope they don't give either brother any "special" abilities. I like the interaction of the two and their natural instincts. So...status quo is good!
    sigpic

Comment

I know they film in Canada (another good reason to visit there!) but where are the brothers supposed to be from? For some reason I picture somewhere in the midwest or further south. I'm soooo excited for tonights episode!
      Andromeda Fate
      Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
      "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
      "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
      "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
      "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
        I know they film in Canada (another good reason to visit there!) but where are the brothers supposed to be from? For some reason I picture somewhere in the midwest or further south. I'm soooo excited for tonights episode!
        Me too! :-) It looks like it may be good. I wonder if they actually contact their Dad?
        sigpic

Comment

I think he just leaves him a message (like he has apperently done before). But why do they just leave him messages? Aren't they worried that he never answers his phone? Why would he lead his sons on a wild goose chase. Unless! (the wheels start turning) He has been kidnapped by the supernatural something or other that killed his wife and Sam's girlfriend and the thing that kidnapped him is leaving the cell phone on so that Sam and Dean will follow and try to find him so that the bad supernatural something or other can have the whole family for some twisted and evil purpose. (pauses for breath) Okay, I'm done.
          Andromeda Fate
          Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
          "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
          "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
          "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
          "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

ok....so that scene in the kitchen was just pathetic.

i know it's the WB, but do they think their entire audience is less than 15 yrs old? that gig is so overdone.

been interesting other than that so far though.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

OK.

The rest of the ep redeemed itself.

Good ending.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ

Comment

Beware of spoilers

good ep did it seem to anyone else the first scen in the motel was subpar acting

and Sam is getting abilitys and if they play this right which they have started to it will work out well

on the whole a good ep and its the original story line we were looking for i figured it was a women i didn't think they would pull the mom card

and its nice to know that he did respond to Dean's message but didn't help

and the dad card was good for the ending
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Yah,

I wasn't really expecting the dad this season, let a lone this ep.

Like the psychic, too. Hopefully she'll be a recurring character. Not a crutch, but a good last ditch and some humour.
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ

Comment

I LOVED tonight's ep! No, it wasn't perfect, but it shows that TPTB can do something remotely original and it demonstrated some of the potential inherent in a series like this. Only one or two silly, unnecessary moments, but over all I liked it. Good hook at the end. I'm willing to bet that the dad thinks that whatever is happening is because of him and that he's afraid to go near his boys until he finds out the truth because he doesn't want them getting killed, too.

Am I to understand that Dad didn't go all Van Helsing until AFTER mom's death? So her flamey demise wasn't some kind of retribution for his ghostbusting efforts but was instead the catalyst (ha) that drove him to do what he does? Hmmm. Think Sam inherited his powers from daddy?

Lots of great possibilites, some really nice character moments, and PLEASE have Missouri come back! I love her.
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 15 November 2005, 06:43 PM.

Comment

She was very good it was funny how Dean was allways the butt of the jokes unlike the previus ep where it was more Sam like the butt of the jokes
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

Very good episode!

Spoiler:
                        I really felt for Dean when he called his Dad asking for help. I think we've all been there as adults (or at least I know I have). Thankfully, my parents were there for me.

Anyway, I retract what I said about Sam getting abilities. They seem to be doing in a natural way, and not a wham-bam-I-powers way. LOL. Right now, Sam just knows he senses things. I think if he takes time...he can strengthen those abilities.

I also loved that they brought in the boys Mom to help them out. It was awesome to see her again, but its ashame that she may not be back. I say that because the psychic said that her engery cancelled out the other entities energy.

My only complaint is John at the end. What the heck is he doing hiding from his sons? They can help him discover whatever truth it is together and come out as a stronger family in the end. That just bothers me that he's hiding from them.

Supernatural is really turning out to be an awesome show! I really hope it gets picked up for a second season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Am I to understand that Dad didn't go all Van Helsing until AFTER mom's death? So her flamey demise wasn't some kind of retribution for his ghostbusting efforts but was instead the catalyst (ha) that drove him to do what he does? Hmmm. Think Sam inherited his powers from daddy?

That's the impression i was left with as well.

They were regular joes until the big bad took the mother.

I'd tend to think that Sam got the powers from his mother. If we assume that dad was a regular guy and the big bad took the mom for a reason, then maybe the reason is she was sensitive in some way to the supernatural.

Besides, Dean's bond is with the father and Sam doens't get along with dad so he needs a bond to the mom.

Will be interesting to see how they develop his powers. Just dreams or clairvoyance and foretelling while awake?
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                            I'd tend to think that Sam got the powers from his mother. If we assume that dad was a regular guy and the big bad took the mom for a reason, then maybe the reason is she was sensitive in some way to the supernatural.
                            Actually, that would be my natural inclination- that he got it from Mom. But then why Dad's conviction that he can't go near his sons? And if Jessica's death is supposed to parallel what happened to Mum and Dad.... I dunno. More viewing will be necessary.

Incidentally, I think it's of EXTREME importance that all hell broke loose in Sam's room. Especially now that we know what we know.

Comment

yes and now that we have this back story that we so sorly needed now the only bad thing is if the show gets canclled after this season we may never know the whole story
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                But then why Dad's conviction that he can't go near his sons? And if Jessica's death is supposed to parallel what happened to Mum and Dad.... I dunno. More viewing will be necessary.
                                I think the revelation about mom/jessica will be when we find out why dad decided to go into hiding. Now that we know dad's definately alive but unwilling to talk to the kids, I think something he learned about Mom and the baddy will tie into the kids as well and thru Sam into Jessica...hmm...6 degrees of demon Bacon.

This was a great hook ep for me. I'd been seriously debating dropping the show, but now, I think I'm good for the rest of the season.
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X